Food & Drink

President's Choice New products...

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 11:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
Bunch of new PC products, Black Label Applewood Smoked Salt, Ras al Hanout.

New frozen cake line "Rustic" Carrot Nut and Chocolate Zucchini, frozen tarts, Apple Crumble and Chocolate Pecan.

Seasoned frozen shrimp, Harissa, Creamy Bacon, Lemon and Garlic.

Hummus rolls with either Harissa or Tapenade.
Jan 26, 2011
221 posts
83 upvotes
gta
darylshriver wrote:
Oct 19th, 2016 3:57 pm
Anything on the Black Label line is outrageously good, although the Blue Menu of course is delicious albeit more health conscious.

Try the PC Black Label Tomatillo Salsa when making a chicken stew - amazing addition when prepared in a slow cooker.
The black label stuff is mediocre and ridiculously expensive. The blue label is bland and tasteless. Since Dave Nichols left, their house products have gone right down the toilet. And chemically flavored potato chips taste like Chemicals. Try reading "The Dorito Effect."

And before you buy anything else there, remember that this is the company that got caught re-labeling past date meat with new dates and scraping the icing off past date cakes and re-covering them with new dates.
Oct 10, 2004
705 posts
82 upvotes
Winnipeg
robson1 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 7:25 am
And before you buy anything else there, remember that this is the company that got caught re-labeling past date meat with new dates and scraping the icing off past date cakes and re-covering them with new dates.
Where was this reported? I don't remember reading about it.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1358 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga
velomane wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 8:24 am
robson1 wrote:
IIRC it was on Marketplace. Not sure which store. One of the big chains.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10919 posts
1473 upvotes
Toronto
redpattison wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 7:58 pm
velomane wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 8:24 am
robson1 wrote:
IIRC it was on Marketplace. Not sure which store. One of the big chains.
The very first grocery store in this video is an independent grocery store On Christie near bloor. It's called Fiesta Farms.
5:12 in, Fiesta farms appears again.
(Fiesta farms front entrance is in full view @ 10:21)

Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1598 posts
165 upvotes
robson1 wrote:
The black label stuff is mediocre and ridiculously expensive. The blue label is bland and tasteless. Since Dave Nichols left, their house products have gone right down the toilet.
Since Dave Nichols left...in 1993? 23 years ago? All downhill from there, huh...
Jan 26, 2011
221 posts
83 upvotes
gta
abstract808 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2016 12:45 am
robson1 wrote:
The black label stuff is mediocre and ridiculously expensive. The blue label is bland and tasteless. Since Dave Nichols left, their house products have gone right down the toilet.
Since Dave Nichols left...in 1993? 23 years ago? All downhill from there, huh...
Gee, what a deep and insightful comment. Did you have to stay up all night to think it up?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
Also noticed 2 new PC bagged produce items, Beet Slaw and Kale Slaw.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
They're also now doing PC frozen beans, chickpeas, black beans and red kidney beans.

I've never tried frozen beans. Are they much different from canned beans?

Beside them were some new Blue Menu sides, Quinoa mixed with some vegetabls etc.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5121 posts
915 upvotes
Montreal
bonterra wrote:
Oct 13th, 2016 8:47 pm
The new Maple Bacon popcorn is really good. Caramel corn mixed with bacon seasoned kernels. $2.68 or so.
Agreed! I picked up a bag on a whim the other day and I've been chomping my way through it. Delicious.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2017 posts
2574 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Anyone try the PC Turkey Stuffing potato chips?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3775 posts
730 upvotes
Sask.
^ Ooo, didn't know they had those, will have to try them. I really liked the WM Great Value ones I tried months back -
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1045 posts
93 upvotes
Burlington
trystee wrote:
Nov 10th, 2016 10:19 pm
Anyone try the PC Turkey Stuffing potato chips?
Yup... they're pretty bad!

They're not the worst chips I've ever had, but they don't taste anything like turkey stuffing. :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
Talking about turkey...New PC frozen turkey, Normandy butter basted, cook from frozen, two stuffings. One is an Apple Bread stuffing, the other is a "Bangers" meat stuffing.

Didn't really notice the price but my first thought was that a cook from frozen turkey could become very expensive with the Ontario hydro prices. Lol!! I guess you'd probably be cooking it at off-peak hours (holiday) but still....

I think I'll still be deep frying my Christmas turkey.