• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2017 10:49 am
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2011
2715 posts
965 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 8:18 pm
I hadn't heard of the Tasting Parties, thanks. I s there a fee?

Agree on the Hummus Roll, not a rebuy, too many sesame seeds, hummus was kind of dry and not enough tapenade or harissa. Love all the topped hummus though, especially the preserved lemon.
No fee for the tasting party. There was an in store flyer advertising it at the store's exit.
At the tasting party, they advertised the cooking school.

There is a cooking school deal in some areas:
Wednesdays 1-2 PM cooking school demo $10 cost. But you get a $10 PC gift card at the end of the session. You sample everything chef makes.

One Thursday per month, evening, cooking school demo $10 cost. Again $10 PC gift card at the end of the session.
http://www.pccookingschool.ca/LCLOnline ... =Pickering

Anyone working for Loblaws company of stores, you get one or two cooking school classes FREE each year.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3756 posts
726 upvotes
Sask.
bonterra wrote:
Oct 13th, 2016 8:47 pm
The new Maple Bacon popcorn is really good. Caramel corn mixed with bacon seasoned kernels. $2.68 or so.
It's crazy stupid how good this is - just munching on some now. At first it was confusing to the tastebuds...
Mar 19, 2015
620 posts
118 upvotes
Canada
phdnrd wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 7:22 pm
they were on the bakery shelf, pretty prominently displayed beside the new rustic tarts.

bonterra wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 8:06 pm
At Independent and Superstore the Rustic cakes were in a freezer bunker with the frozen cheesecakes etc.. The tarts and galettes (apple/cranberry, apple, and pecan/chocolate) were in a freezer at Independent but thawed and on a bakery department table at Superstore.
Thanks for your replies about the President Choice rustic cakes! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

-
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8285 posts
1686 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if new but Turkey Stuffing flavoured 'World of Flavours' potato chips are featured in this week's Loblaws flyer
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10728 posts
1407 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote:
Nov 20th, 2016 5:53 pm
Not sure if new but Turkey Stuffing flavoured 'World of Flavours' potato chips are featured in this week's Loblaws flyer
I haven't even tried the Swiss Chalet sauce chips yet. Thanks! Time for me to do some potato chip shopping! lol
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6054 posts
1041 upvotes
Tried the new Butter-Infused Young Turkey with Two Stuffings today.

It was really good!! Both stuffings are delicious. I'm not a fan of most commercial bread stuffings because they usually have that overly pungent dried herb taste. This doesn't, very subtle. The sausage stuffing is well seasoned and great texture. The turkey is not quite as buttery as their unstuffed butter infused, it's very tender.

They're on sale this week at $2.48 lb./ $5.47 kg. . I might buy another and cook it for Christmas dinner, it's that good.

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/pr ... fings.html

I don't have enough freezer space to keep it in the freezer so it might have to ride around in the trunk of the car for awhile. Lol!!
Last edited by bonterra on Dec 11th, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7510 posts
358 upvotes
Vancouver
Mmmm sounds yummy lol , how big are the turkeys? I've never cooked a turkey lol so don't want to invest too much.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6054 posts
1041 upvotes
I got the smallest one I could find, it was $29. So around 5 kg. It cooks from frozen, at 325 it took 5 hours.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3347 posts
1015 upvotes
Not a new product, an old one that is on deep discount at all my local Zehrs (i.e., seems chain-wide) for $4.99 until 1/5/2017

PC Loads Of Gouda, Mushrooms & Onions Beef Burgers
and
PC Slow-Smoked Brisket Beef Burgers
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6054 posts
1041 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Mar 21st, 2016 1:38 am
New soda, Cane Sugar, odd flavours, Grapefruit Hibiscus, Green Apple, Raspberry Vanilla and Cherry Cola. They come in a 4 pack and there was no price on the shelf.
They're clearing out the Cane Sugar Cola for 44 cents a 4 pack. (Sudbury, YMMV). Sign says "this flavour only".

Also frozen PC baked goods, like apple crisp tart and zucchini cake, pumpkin cake etc., clearing at $2.94.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6054 posts
1041 upvotes
The new frozen cod cakes with lemon dill sauce are on sale at $4.98 and in-store points offer of 2500 points.

Thought they were worth a try so bought.