• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 4:42 pm
Oct 10, 2004
719 posts
83 upvotes
Winnipeg
bonterra wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:06 pm
I bought the Poblano and lime because it's different.

What makes Kansas City style BBQ sauce distinctive?
Let us know how the Poblano and lime turns out. KC sauce has molasses in it which, I find, gives it a slightly darker note. I still have a couple bottles of KC Masterpiece in my pantry thanks to a trip down south. I suppose I should just make my own.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6215 posts
1111 upvotes
velomane wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 8:25 am
Let us know how the Poblano and lime turns out. KC sauce has molasses in it which, I find, gives it a slightly darker note. I still have a couple bottles of KC Masterpiece in my pantry thanks to a trip down south. I suppose I should just make my own.
Have you tried Bone Suckin' Sauce? I looked at some recipes for Kansas City BBQ sauce and it sounds like besides the molasses, it's quite thick. Bone Suckin' sounds like what you're looking for. It's very good BBQ sauce, pretty pricey though.

I'll report back on the Poblano sauce. I'm stuck on green sauces lately, Gringo Bandito and Pain Is Good Jalapeno from HomeSense last week.

https://shop.bonesuckin.com/bone-suckin ... 16-oz.html

Oct 10, 2004
719 posts
83 upvotes
Winnipeg
bonterra wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 3:31 pm
Have you tried Bone Suckin' Sauce? I looked at some recipes for Kansas City BBQ sauce and it sounds like besides the molasses, it's quite thick. Bone Suckin' sounds like what you're looking for. It's very good BBQ sauce, pretty pricey though.

I'll report back on the Poblano sauce. I'm stuck on green sauces lately, Gringo Bandito and Pain Is Good Jalapeno from HomeSense last week.

I have tried the Bone Suckin' Sauce, but it was at least five years ago, so I've forgotten what it tastes like. Thanks for bringing it up, I will have to hunt some down.

Speaking of green sauces, I'm making Chile Verde for supper, so I guess that is my take on green for today.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6215 posts
1111 upvotes
velomane wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 8:25 am
Let us know how the Poblano and lime turns out.
I was surprised by this BBQ sauce, it's good. But I expected different. Lots of cumin and lime, not sweet at all, not very smokey, about the heat of a Poblano pepper but not a green sauce. I can see possibilities with pork tenderloin, chicken, fish and shrimp. Doesn't seem robust enough to sauce pork ribs.

Quite unique. I would buy again.
Jan 23, 2017
368 posts
209 upvotes
Calgary
We really liked the new Rustic Carrot Cake. It was 30% off at RCSS and an additional 3,500 PC Points.. Absolute no brainer.

Had anyone tried/can comment on the chocolate zucchini?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6215 posts
1111 upvotes
Montreal steak spice hamburger buns. Bacon clam cocktail and Sriracha clam cocktail.
Images
  • 20170430_171343.jpg
  • 20170430_171349.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2104 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
bonterra wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 6:45 pm
Cold brewed coffee.
I have not seen this anywhere. Not even on the PC website.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6215 posts
1111 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
May 4th, 2017 10:02 am
I have not seen this anywhere. Not even on the PC website.
It's quite good, especially for making a quick iced coffee. We're on our third carton. The picture I posted was from a YIG flyer but I've been buying it at Superstore. It's in a cooler with coffee creamers and bottled teas.

Beside the new PC teas, Honey/Ginger (maybe Honey/Lemon, can't remember) and Hibiscus.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6215 posts
1111 upvotes
Black Label Lobster and Wagyu Burgers.
Images
  • 20170504_175508.jpg
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4665 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
May 4th, 2017 12:12 pm
It's quite good, especially for making a quick iced coffee.
Maybe I'm weird, but why wouldn't you just chill coffee for iced coffee?
Or cold brew your own and use that.
It'd be a good bit cheaper.

bonterra wrote:
May 4th, 2017 6:34 pm
Black Label Lobster and Wagyu Burgers.
I wonder what the ratio of lobster to beef is.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2104 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
death_hawk wrote:
May 5th, 2017 2:10 am
I bought it last night to try it. And as I was driving home I thought the exact same thing lol :) Still pretty good with ice and cashew milk.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9837 posts
895 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Or cold brew your own and use that.
It'd be a good bit cheaper.
Cold brew has a different flavor than hot brew. Also for convenience.... someone like me who doesn't own any coffee brewing products.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6215 posts
1111 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Mostly just for convenience. And change, I like my coffee but the PC is good and has different notes and flavours. I've been cold brewing coffee for a few years and like the taste, but it takes time to brew so you have to plan ahead a bit. And I love to try new products.

I'm really curious about those lobster burgers, wouldn't the beef just overwhelm the delicate lobster, both in taste and texture? I'm not sure I'm $14.00 curious though. If anybody tries them, please review.