President's Choice New products...

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 8:09 pm
Apr 12, 2005
733 posts
45 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 3:07 pm
Black foods trend - PC Black Label black pasta on promo this month for $1.99 at Zehrs

This one: https://www.zehrs.ca/Food/Pantry/Pasta% ... 0794612_EA

lol would you eat it? It sounds like it might have a faint fishy taste to it from the squid ink.
I have many many times. Its not fishy

Its delicious

Gamble the $2. You will not be sorry

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/10/easy ... ecipe.html
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6208 posts
1110 upvotes
I see in the latest flyer PC is now doing a line of salads, Chick pea and Sriracha noodle are featured. They haven't appeared yet in my local store.

Rave review for Black Label green olives stuffed with Aji chiles. I love olives and these are fabulous. The Aji chile is so fruity, mildly spicy, the olives are very tasty and meaty. I bought these on clearance at a YIG. Going to be combing the stores for more. Best olive ever.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6208 posts
1110 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Black foods trend - PC Black Label black pasta on promo this month for $1.99 at Zehrs

lol would you eat it? It sounds like it might have a faint fishy taste to it from the squid ink.
Not for me, the black colour is just too reminiscent of some unpleasant things. Have cooked, couldn't eat.

Likewise spaghetti cooked in red wine, apparently an Italian classic, exactly the colour of earthworms. Another didn't eat.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6945 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote:

for the fishy taste i'd be more concerned about the actual fish, not the squid ink.
INGREDIENTS
DURUM WHEAT SEMOLINA, CUTTLEFISH BLACK INK (CONTAINS SALT), FISH POWDER (ATLANTIC COD, POLLOCK, HADDOCK, WHITING, GRENADIER), CONCENTRATED LEMON JUICE (CONTAIN SULPHITES), WATER.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6208 posts
1110 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 1:32 am
I see in the latest flyer PC is now doing a line of salads, Chick pea and Sriracha noodle are featured. They haven't appeared yet in my local store.
These salads are now on the shelves at Superstore with a 250 points in-store offer. Have bought but haven't tried yet.
Dec 29, 2012
418 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
PC Herbal Hibiscus Tea Berry Flavour Iced Tea (1.75L) is being cleared out for $0.94 at Loblaws Empress Walk. Best before Sep 1.

It is sweetened with cane sugar and tastes kind of like cranberry juice. For this price I would buy again.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2098 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
I usually buy Organic Free Range eggs at Whole Foods. Last night I was pressed for time to I picked up the PC Organic Free Range eggs at RCSS while there. WTF. I never seen eggs like this. Boiled a bunch for breakfast and the yolk is soooooooo pale, almost looks like all egg white in there. Still nice and runny, taste good, but the color is very very offputting. Never again.

Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3449 posts
163 upvotes
lecale wrote:

I want to try it and it looks like its been onsale for a while but I can't find it in any downtown Toronto Loblaws/Independent City Markets
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
Shimso wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 11:09 pm
I want to try it and it looks like its been onsale for a while but I can't find it in any downtown Toronto Loblaws/Independent City Markets
My store has it marked down until August 9, in the pasta aisle with everything else. Search for it through Click'n'Collect, changing your selected store? Sure beats going from store to store.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1416 posts
754 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 10:49 am
I usually buy Organic Free Range eggs at Whole Foods. Last night I was pressed for time to I picked up the PC Organic Free Range eggs at RCSS while there. WTF. I never seen eggs like this. Boiled a bunch for breakfast and the yolk is soooooooo pale, almost looks like all egg white in there. Still nice and runny, taste good, but the color is very very offputting. Never again.

Just so you know...

Eggs labelled from Free Run & Free Range Hens are not the same thing.

Your words said Free Range, but the photo shows Free Run.

Free Range Chickens are those that have access to outdoor pastures. Free Run Chickens, just mean they are not held in cages... But have "free run" of the inside of the barn, although they could be in there with 20,000 or more chickens... So no more real room to "run" than they would have in a Battery Cage.

In the great egg debate, ANY more ethical choice is a better choice for Consumers to make (Organic vs Non Organic / GMO / animal product feed - Conventional Egg Farming vs Free Run vs Free Range)

But the best decision by far (for the Hens, and therefore for the Consumer) is BOTH Organic & Free Range, as this is exactly how chickens are meant to be.

For more info see CBC Marketplace's story, or Google info on Canada's Certified Free Range Eggs (and look for the appropriate logos when you buy... There are one's for both Organic & Free Range)
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2098 posts
213 upvotes
Mississauga
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 27th, 2017 2:41 pm
Just so you know...

Eggs labelled from Free Run & Free Range Hens are not the same thing.

Your words said Free Range, but the photo shows Free Run.

Free Range Chickens are those that have access to outdoor pastures. Free Run Chickens, just mean they are not held in cages... But have "free run" of the inside of the barn, although they could be in there with 20,000 or more chickens... So no more real room to "run" than they would have in a Battery Cage.

In the great egg debate, ANY more ethical choice is a better choice for Consumers to make (Organic vs Non Organic / GMO / animal product feed - Conventional Egg Farming vs Free Run vs Free Range)

But the best decision by far (for the Hens, and therefore for the Consumer) is BOTH Organic & Free Range, as this is exactly how chickens are meant to be.

For more info see CBC Marketplace's story, or Google info on Canada's Certified Free Range Eggs (and look for the appropriate logos when you buy... There are one's for both Organic & Free Range)
Fully aware of all of this. But this still does not explain why the yolks were SOOOOO pale. Seriously, almost as white as the whites. Should have taken a photo.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 10:31 am
Fully aware of all of this. But this still does not explain why the yolks were SOOOOO pale. Seriously, almost as white as the whites. Should have taken a photo.
The add colours to chicken feed to tint the yolks - your eggs must have had no colour in the feed (commercial colours nor natural colours from plants)

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e30261516/
Jun 14, 2017
232 posts
202 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 10:49 am

Bro, you got some very unique and valuable Albino eggs! consider yourself lucky cuz those eggs could be worth a fortune!