• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2014 2:04 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2007
5018 posts
2175 upvotes
I dealt with a lot of the above, no bonus points added, spent 2-3 months fighting with them to get things fixed. One problem I had never got fixed and I was owed points from a promotion I got in the mail. They said they never had any record of such pormo and then denied it.. mean while I had the promo in my hand. I just gave up after many calls. Their administration of this program aseems crappy, this is why I stopped using them over 3-4 years ago. I just use cash back cards now and spend the cash on anything.
Oct 8, 2006
679 posts
505 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
Jungle wrote: I dealt with a lot of the above, no bonus points added, spent 2-3 months fighting with them to get things fixed. One problem I had never got fixed and I was owed points from a promotion I got in the mail. They said they never had any record of such pormo and then denied it.. mean while I had the promo in my hand. I just gave up after many calls. Their administration of this program aseems crappy, this is why I stopped using them over 3-4 years ago. I just use cash back cards now and spend the cash on anything.
I have a PC Financial World Mastercard since April 2013. With the World MC you should get 20 points per $1 of purchases at Presidents Choice Stores rather than just the 10 points per $1 - here in BC we have Real Canadian Superstore and Real Canadian Wholesale. Since April, we were only getting the 2x points at RCW and not Superstore. After 2 phone calls in May which took until June to straighten out, thought everything would be ok.

In checking my online summary of PC points in late Sept. and comparing to PC MC statement, we again are only getting 1X points when purchasing at Superstore - we do get 2X points at RCW and the gas bar. Phoned PC points on Sept. 30 and explained problem - they gave me an email address and fax number to send my reconciliation which clearly covers issues - fax number (which is Loblaws main fax #) just rings and rings - is still doing so for over a week. The email address I was given bounces my emails and shows them as undeliverable.

Went into local RC Superstore to explain my problems - sorry - "we have nothing to do with PC Mastercard or PC Points - they are run by totally different companies - PC MC by CIBC and PC Points by ??????

Called PC Points again today to find out what's happening - NOT MUCH - again went through my story - they confirmed there is definitely a problem and would investigate immediately - gave me a new email address to send my analysis to - bounced again. Did I tell you I was put on hold no less than 3 times - this is getting really frustrating - while $$ not big, there is a principal here.

Called Loblaws general number on their website - the fax number listed there is the non working fax number I have been trying to use for last week or so. The csr who answered the phone told me to try the same fax number that's not working - then she tried - yes not working. She transferred me to another number of someone that deals with complaints - goes to voice mail.

ANYWAYs - just wondering if there are any other people out there that should be getting 2X points and have not been - I can't see that this is a glitch just affecting me as our son, who also just got a PC World Card is having a similar problem.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1592 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver
happy camper wrote: ANYWAYs - just wondering if there are any other people out there that should be getting 2X points and have not been - I can't see that this is a glitch just affecting me as our son, who also just got a PC World Card is having a similar problem.
I've had this card for about a year now after upgrading from the basic PCMC card.

To date I have not noticed any issues with 2x points being issued for eligible purchases at RCSS/T&T Supermarket/Osaka T&T/Other Loblaws related stores/companies.

Best to check your statement regularly and match with your PCMC statements to confirm if the extra points were awarded properly. I think any transaction older than 60 days cannot be disputed, so be vigilant!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
Question, are we able to redeem the points to buy Giftcards that are at the till's? ie. prepaid mc, visa, bestbuy, etc.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
faken wrote: Question, are we able to redeem the points to buy Giftcards that are at the till's? ie. prepaid mc, visa, bestbuy, etc.
You can redeem points on anything you can buy at a normal till (alcohol, etc might be different rules for stores that have that, not sure as I'm in ON).
And no cash back, of course.
I tend to just grab $20 PC gift card so I don't need to rack up $20 in groceries in a single transaction to use it. Can do $5-10 here and there if I only need a few things.

Its just like paying with a $20 bill. I've bought third party GCs before, no problem
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2007
1108 posts
1118 upvotes
GTA
bigsky2 wrote: To date I have not noticed any issues with 2x points being issued for eligible purchases at RCSS/T&T Supermarket/Osaka T&T/Other Loblaws related stores/companies.
IIRC, the 2x offer was never available at T&T, only at Loblaws/RCSS/No Frills.

I've tried to check the current PC Points rules, but as I've enrolled in PC Plus it keeps redirecting me there.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
hey guys, is there any way other way for me to get the PC World MC without having 60k annual income? :s
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2007
1108 posts
1118 upvotes
GTA
faken wrote: hey guys, is there any way other way for me to get the PC World MC without having 60k annual income?
Get the original PCF MasterCard and wait for an invitation to upgrade.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1327 upvotes
Richmond
faken wrote: hey guys, is there any way other way for me to get the PC World MC without having 60k annual income? :s
just keep using the card. Eventually you'll get the pc world mc.
faken wrote: Question, are we able to redeem the points to buy Giftcards that are at the till's? ie. prepaid mc, visa, bestbuy, etc.
after the pc plus fiasco, ymmv with redeeming for gift cards.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
i just asked them. We can still do it! :D
Mar 29, 2009
367 posts
22 upvotes
GTA
I dunno ...all these sales gimmicks...they make us jump thru so many hoops for a few crumbs. with the pc plus.. you have to load the offers first on your card...and then when you go shopping, you actually have to instruct the cashier explicitely that you would like her to add the pc plus points on your transaction....if you forget....well...haha...too bad....you snooze you lose.....I think if you went thru the trouble of loading offers, buying the offers, and then paying for them...the bloody card should recognize your pc plus points without having to TELL THE CASHIER...OK dear....make Sure to ADD MY POINTS today....I feel like a beggar.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
...no?
You just need to scan your card/phone/tag and loaded offers appear automatically at the end of the transaction.

I've received more points in a few months of PC plus than 5 years of PCMC, lol. No one's forcing you to use it, though.
Mar 29, 2009
367 posts
22 upvotes
GTA
you say...you just need to scan your card......and that is what I am saying...you must have your card scanned twice....once for your pc plus points and once to charge your card for your purchase. ok???? that is what I said....now if you forget to have your card scanned the FIRST TIME....you will not get any points right? most times the cashier does not remind me to swipe for pc plus points. I have to remember each time....oh...I have to swipe...not once but twice.....this is a pain. like I said...after I have already loaded my offers the points should be automatically added when you checkout that item. but they make you have to remember to ASK for your points. c rap
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
:facepalm:

What loyalty points plans just know who you are and automatically assign points?
Does the LCBO just know who you are and give you air miles without asking?
These companies are not going to keep databases of your credit and debit numbers to do this, for obvious privacy/legal reasons.
Not to mention cash payments would be impossible.
If you want points, you have to present your card.

Honestly, if this is too much work for you, just don't use it and forego the bonus.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
Vizla78 wrote: you say...you just need to scan your card......and that is what I am saying...you must have your card scanned twice....once for your pc plus points and once to charge your card for your purchase. ok???? that is what I said....now if you forget to have your card scanned the FIRST TIME....you will not get any points right? most times the cashier does not remind me to swipe for pc plus points. I have to remember each time....oh...I have to swipe...not once but twice.....this is a pain. like I said...after I have already loaded my offers the points should be automatically added when you checkout that item. but they make you have to remember to ASK for your points. c rap
Not sure which banner you buy your groceries under, but at the Loblaws I go to, they always ask for my card and only scan once. (it doesn't make sense for them not to ask... this whole program is set up for data mining so they have vested interest that you scan your card every time)

I've never had a problem getting points except one time an in-store PC points offer didn't register properly so I had to go to customer service. Not a big deal.
Mar 29, 2009
367 posts
22 upvotes
GTA
I was at the store yesterday. I purchased a number of items, some of which were pc plus offers I had loaded on my card. the cashier gave me a total and I inserted my card to pay. after I left the store, I realized that I probably lost a couple thousand points in offers because my card was not first swiped for pc plus points. the cashier did not ask me if I collected pc plus points, and I as usual forgot, as I am concentrating on just pulling out my card , using it, signing for it, and watching my groceries...so I forgot that I also have to beg and plead to please give me my pc plus points. My point is that....if you have already taken the time and trouble to Load your card with all the offers...then when you go to the store and buy the items, their system should be able to automatically recognize that a) your card is already loaded with the offer b) you actually bought the item and c) automatically give you the points.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1327 upvotes
Richmond
I think that might be the issue lol. If you hand the card to the cashier, then the card will most likely be swiped but if you insert it then cashier doesn't see it and may think you're using a different card to pay. And as to why the two swipes is that it's merging two loyalty systems together. The original pc points system and the new pc plus points system together. If you do feel you are rather forgetful in remembering to present the card as a pc plus card, I recommend getting a pc plus card and link the card to your pc mastercard. Then you won't have to worry about forgetting to tell the cashier or the cashier forgetting to ask you. Or try remembering giving your pc mc to the cashier before he/she scans your items. Presenting it at the beginning saves a lot a headaches lol, since the computer has a tendacy to crash if done at the end.

@RubberCheese Please stop spreading false info. One swipe only is for the pc plus card given to people who aren't a pc debit or pc mc member already.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
bluebellrose wrote: @RubberCheese Please stop spreading false info. One swipe only is for the pc plus card given to people who aren't a pc debit or pc mc member already.
I had no idea you could even use a PC MC linked to a PC+ account... I didn't think anyone on here used PC MC anymore. And I wouldn't say I was spreading false information, since I only stated that I only have my PC+ card (phone app) scanned once per transaction, and am consistently asked if I have PC Plus before paying.

Vizla - why not use your physical PC+ card or phone app if you have a hard time remembering? I normally have my phone out while waiting in line, so it might be useful for you to turn on the app in the background to remind you. I agree with you that their system should be intelligent enough to pull all the data it needs with a single swipe. If you leave the store without the "points" swipe, just go back and talk to customer service. They shouldn't give you any hassles since you can prove that your PC card was swiped.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1327 upvotes
Richmond
linked is a better idea rubbercheese. you can call in and have your pc plus account linked to your pc mc. when redeeming pc points use your pc mc to do so. :) pc mc members get the perk of being able to redeem more points in one go.I have mine linked because I use it buy gas and take advantage of the gas promotions where you spend $100 in sore for 20 cents off per litre if you use pc mc to pay for the gas. yes I know mbna is better and the Scotia is the next level up but I don't qualify for it on my small income. So pcf mc is my choice.
Mar 29, 2009
367 posts
22 upvotes
GTA
thank you guys for your help. I was in today and again, I did not remember...but, the cashier ( a young guy ) immediately asked me if I collect pcplus. I was delighted. he even loaded my cart while I was paying the machine, he called me Sir... I feel like a somebody! and that is interesting that you got 20 cents / litre discount on the gas when you purchase 100 in groceries...on a 40 litre fill up that would save about 8 bucks!! not bad at all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)