• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2018 9:41 am
[OP]
May 28, 2007
284 posts
67 upvotes
Peterborough

Which pressure washer

I am looking at 2 pressure washers. Local Can Tire has the Champion 3000 in store for $399 (reg $649) and TSC has the BE Power Equipment 2700 on sale for $499 (reg $649). Major difference is the motor. The TSC item has a Honda motor vs the Champion with it`s own branded motor. So the question is, is the Honda GC motor worth an extra $100. Just curious if anyone has an opinion. I am going to stop by and look at the BE after work. Sale starts tomorrow.

Thanks
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2106 posts
409 upvotes
Honda.

End of thread.
[OP]
May 28, 2007
284 posts
67 upvotes
Peterborough
jrees wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 5:42 pm
Honda.

End of thread.
Lol. That's my original thought as well. I do not know anyone who has personal experience with the champion motor.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2106 posts
409 upvotes
Curioprop wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 6:05 pm
Lol. I do not know anyone who has personal experience with the champion motor.
'Xactly
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3079 posts
672 upvotes
Ottawa
I've got two champion motors, one in a trash pump and the other in a generator. Both have run flawlessly for many, many hours. The Honda motor in my BE pressure washer, on the other hand, failed with about 10 hours on it. Some bright spark thought that is was a good idea to put a plastic cam in an engine!

The consumer grade Hondas are overrated.
Apr 3, 2006
980 posts
230 upvotes
Pump is arguably just as if not more important than engine. You should also be comparing those.
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3079 posts
672 upvotes
Ottawa
dling7 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:15 pm
Pump is arguably just as if not more important than engine. You should also be comparing those.
Correct, the pump on my BE washer is a BE exclusive Comet model. Parts are horribly expensive to the point that come time to replace the seals it was cheaper to replace the entire pump than to buy a few pieces of rubber and plastic at BE rip-off prices. This has left a bitter taste and I'll never buy another BE product.

It looks like the model OP is looking at utilizes an off the shelf AR pump so he may have a better experience finding fairly priced spares.

It's always worth doing a bit of research before hand to establish if the common wear parts for the pump, in particular water seals and packing, are readily available in Canada and fairly priced.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)