Shopping Discussion

Price Angels.com/Dealextreme sister site?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2012 11:02 am
Tags:
None
Jan 5, 2006
26 posts
3 upvotes

Price Angels.com/Dealextreme sister site?

Was wondering if anyone has purchased any items from Priceangels.com? The site seems to be very close to Dealextreme in layout and items. DX has stopped or ran out of stock on DS flash carts. Seems that the site is feeling pressure from some sources about carrying some of these items. If anybody has had any dealings with this site any info would be great. I'm mostly interested in the DS flash carts there.
17 replies
Oct 13, 2009
1 posts
Toronto
I'm wondering the same thing. I need to order more DS carts but don't know if I can trust the site.
[OP]
Jan 5, 2006
26 posts
3 upvotes
This is just an update regarding my order with PriceAngels.com. I placed my order on 1/6/10 was shipped on 1/9/10 and arrived at Canada Customs 1/20/10 and was delivered to my house 1/25/10. So it took about 19 days total. Item was as ordered and no issues. I also placed an order with (wsdeal.com) at the same time and it arrived at the same time with no issues. Both sites offering DSTT cards at great prices.
Jun 24, 2010
1 posts
LA
i tried it out and it asked me to register so i did i put my email to register to price angels and still i have not gotten an email to activate my account , you purchase something from price angels.com can u plz tell me how u registered its a pain in the but it asked to put my paypal acouunt email to register to price angels but is it safe thanks plz help :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
6167 posts
654 upvotes
London
Just ordered something from priceangels.com....did not registered...just paid via paypal.......recieved usual email from paypal and also an automated email from priceangels....stating all the usual...item ordered...order number etc and nwo the wait, let's see if they are any good.
Oct 27, 2010
1 posts
1 upvote
canada
I ordered a month ago. Nothing has shown up. Their website is hopeless when you try and report the item is missing - it doesn't work and there is no way to contact them. It is almost impossible to raise a ticket. I regret my decision to buy from them.
Nov 2, 2010
1 posts
uk
i have ordered a r4 card from priceangels it took about 17days, ive since ordered another, there paypall link was down,i cudnt find away to get in touch with priceangels so i sent them messages on facebook and twitter and they got back to me that way they were helpful,now tho ive found the r4 card wont work on my dsi i went onto there site but again its not working so back to facebook to get an answer for me,hope that helps :) .x
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
6167 posts
654 upvotes
London
apvm wrote:
Oct 19th, 2010 11:42 am
Just ordered something from priceangels.com....did not registered...just paid via paypal.......recieved usual email from paypal and also an automated email from priceangels....stating all the usual...item ordered...order number etc and nwo the wait, let's see if they are any good.

update: item arrived 2 Nov... btw, item is Kanen KM-948 earphone.... from Head-fi site it is best budget earphone under $15....and it is really not bad.
Jan 17, 2003
526 posts
33 upvotes
Chilliwack
r0xx wrote:
Jan 5th, 2010 10:25 am
I'm wondering the same thing. I need to order more DS carts but don't know if I can trust the site.
ndscardsale is good

delivered carts in 2 weeks, free shipping
Jan 29, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Canada
Good sites for R4 cards are www.r4ds-ds.com or www.ndscardstore.com. Both deliver within 2 to 3 weeks. However, have never tried to return anything so can't judge the customer service.

However, I do know about Price Angels' terrible customer service first hand. I dealt with them for 2 years until I could no longer take it. Whenever something goes wrong, forget about reaching them...won't happen. The only way to get a response to your issue is by using Paypal's resolution process. But even then, even when you do get an answer, their song is always the same; return the item at your cost to their special return address, to maybe get a refund. The last time I did that, it took one full year to get a partial refund. And it wasn't even a refund at that; it was a coupon to shop in their store. They will get you by sheer email exhaustion. And don't even try to cancel an order; their cancellation utility will confirm your cancellation, but you will still be charged and you will still get the merchandise. Don't go there.

So far, no problem with DealExtreme.com but then again, haven't returned anything yet. Best Chinese site of all; Lightinthebox.com. Resolution with them happens fast, and without having to use Paypal.
Mar 28, 2011
1 posts
Ottawa
I've ordered from this site on several occasions. Sometimes the order has been longer but I've always got a reply if I had concerns or questions. I had one item that wasn't available all they did was send me a coupon and used it towards my other order gave me along exp date. Great site to order from.
Jan 9, 2003
310 posts
25 upvotes
Ajax
I ordered a few items and got them in about a month. Similar experience to DX and FP.

However, I ordered a wireless bike computer, and it is wired. I used their online complaint process. They responded quickly, and there's the ability to send msgs back and forth to them similar to a discussion forum. I could not for the life of me get them to understand what the problem was. They have still not updated the item description even though I suggested they should: http://www.priceangels.com/548A_Wireles ... 14059.html

After about 10 msgs, I finally said I would post my bad experience to the Canadian shopping forums. They quickly offered a 3% discount on the next order which is a pretty bad solution. So now I'm posting.

Probably the bottom line with all these sites is if you have a problem, you're out of luck. Good thing the items are so cheap.
× < >