Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Price match opportunity BB vs FS: Lenovo B570 i3-2330M @ $373

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2012 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
19 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
Love the fact that you can't order this if you are in Quebec because it isn't French - NOT . . . bloody stupid language legislation compliments of the damned PQ. It's bad enough that they won't let Quebecois enter contests or French people into English schools even if they want, but to restrict MY right to buy a computer without regard to MY language preferences . . . . STUPID. Quebec simply loses the sales tax revenue, because I'd have it shipped to a relative in Ontario and get it from him - cheaper too because taxes are lower!!!

I'd ship my stuff to Alberta if I could.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
0.1 GHz slower but also $50 cheaper than this deal at NCIX

Seems like same laptop with slightly different CPU
FS model is English keyboard while NCIX says it is bilingual

So the FS deal is a good deal?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
zz000ter wrote: 0.1 GHz slower but also $50 cheaper than this deal at NCIX

Seems like same laptop with slightly different CPU
FS model is English keyboard while NCIX says it is bilingual

So the FS deal is a good deal?

The one at NCIX shows up at $429.99 so it's not cheaper than FS...
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1142 upvotes
Mississauga East
U4IA wrote: The one at NCIX shows up at $429.99 so it's not cheaper than FS...

Please reread what I said

0.1 GHz slower but also $50 cheaper than this deal at NCIX

The FS deal is cheaper than the NCIX deal - and I doubt 0.1GHz cpu speed matters much to anyone
Nov 2, 2008
81 posts
33 upvotes
Laval
fredsmith wrote: Love the fact that you can't order this if you are in Quebec because it isn't French - NOT . . . bloody stupid language legislation compliments of the damned PQ. It's bad enough that they won't let Quebecois enter contests or French people into English schools even if they want, but to restrict MY right to buy a computer without regard to MY language preferences . . . . STUPID. Quebec simply loses the sales tax revenue, because I'd have it shipped to a relative in Ontario and get it from him - cheaper too because taxes are lower!!!

+1
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
aliikram wrote: Hmmm... Great deal. Thx OP. Now the big question is whether to buy this one or the refurbed version of exact same thing for $30 cheaper at FS. Suggestions anyone?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... e7d825en02

^$349, need the price to drop to $300 for it to be hot imo
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Aug 13, 2011
533 posts
178 upvotes
How is this better than the Acer timeline deal from staples this weekend?

The timeline costs about 10 dollars more after the coupon (which was open to everyone). It has a 750gb hdd @ 7200rpm vs this 500gb @ 5400rpm.

Dedicated 1gb GT540M vs this Intel HD3000.

0 USB 3.0 ports vs. at least 1 on the timeline.

Yes the CPU is 0.1Ghz higher at 2330 vs the 2310 in the time line, but from what I have read it also runs much hotter than the 2310.
Yes the Lenovo has an external battery while the timeline has an internal battery. But it goes up to 9 hours vs. this up to 4 hours 6 cell.

15.6 inch display, yet it is stuck with the same crappy resolution as the 13.3 inch @ 1366 x 768.

No offense op, but this is pretty cold. It's not as if this is a think pad. I'd like to hear why people would buy this.
Jun 5, 2004
399 posts
335 upvotes
This is a pretty good deal.

The Acer timeline from staples is not readily available online, you need to search for it in a store and many areas are out of stock. It also suffers from overheating and throttling issues.

Lenovo also has better build quality than Acer.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3804 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver
Afaik, the lenovo also shouldn't have of the throttling issues that plague Acer.
Mar 11, 2012
338 posts
51 upvotes
I've noticed that these new Lenovo laptops at FS such as this i3 one and the B950 from another thread are loaded with "Windows 7 Home Premium." Does this mean that these 4 gb laptops come with only the 32-bit version of Windows 7? I'm not a techie guy but I understand that the 32 bit version of Windows would not be able to use the full 4gb. If these laptops do come with only 32-bit version of Windows, could I use my product code that comes with the laptop to fresh install the 64-bit windows or would I have to buy another copy of windows completely? Anyways, seems weird to me why these machines do not have the 64-bit version in the first place. But then again, I'm a tech noobie so what do I know.
Oct 5, 2011
143 posts
13 upvotes
fredsmith wrote: Love the fact that you can't order this if you are in Quebec because it isn't French - NOT . . . bloody stupid language legislation compliments of the damned PQ. It's bad enough that they won't let Quebecois enter contests or French people into English schools even if they want, but to restrict MY right to buy a computer without regard to MY language preferences . . . . STUPID. Quebec simply loses the sales tax revenue, because I'd have it shipped to a relative in Ontario and get it from him - cheaper too because taxes are lower!!!

+1, not good to be an quebecois :D
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2370 posts
914 upvotes
Calgary
Bait and switch by Futureshop.

Futureshop did not put refurbish when at the time OP posted this deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
I'm more than disappointed by this bait and switch. Just got my box and indeed it says it is a refurbished model on the box.

Let's see what happens when I call Future Shop and ask them how they explain this situation.
Jan 19, 2009
893 posts
35 upvotes
how do i pricematch with bestbuy? can i do it over the phone or do i have to go into the store? is it easy or will they give me trouble?
Feb 18, 2011
108 posts
28 upvotes
aliikram wrote: I'm more than disappointed by this bait and switch. Just got my box and indeed it says it is a refurbished model on the box.

Let's see what happens when I call Future Shop and ask them how they explain this situation.

If the machine you bought was not listed as refurb, you are not alone.

I got one for my mother and same thing, it was a refurb when she opened it. BUT if you call/email them, they will give you a coupon code to give you the same model with the i3 2350M processor AND 8GB of RAM (new, not refurb) for the same price ($379) as the original purchase, because it was indeed human error on the initial listing. The non-refurb upgrade they offer is retailed at $499, so it is a decent deal for the minimal hassle of a reorder and mail/in-store return. So for people who bought before ~28th April, there is a great opportunity for a free upgrade.

Here is a link to the one they offer for the same price: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 262cdfen02

If you email them, they should own up to the error. If you subscribed to their newsletter, this was an announcement they made.

I applied the coupon code and the machine in the link above came out to $379 + Taxes.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
price is down to 349! too bad it wasn't the i5
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Sep 30, 2009
103 posts
32 upvotes
A bit disappointed I couldn't snap up a i5 at 399 but I bought the 349 i3. Should be well suited for internet, movies and CIV 4. Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)