• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 9:27 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 20, 2005
463 posts
29 upvotes

Price mistakes online

I was looking up a shirt on a major website this morning and I noticed literally hundreds of items were showing up with a 0$ price tag and the website would let you check out. I made sure to add a cheap item to my cart like a 7$ pair of socks to make sure something would be billed on my credit card. I placed a few orders and after being scared that my card would get blocked after a few small transactions from the same retailer, I placed a few more orders, paying with PayPal. After about 30 minutes, the glitch was fixed and everything on the website had a normal price.

A few minutes later, my PayPal orders were cancelled but the ones I placed with my credit card are still showing up as being processed and I see the charges on my credit card. What are the odds these orders will go through and is the retailer allowed to cancel them?
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7729 posts
743 upvotes
mcbg1 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 9:18 pm
I was looking up a shirt on a major website this morning and I noticed literally hundreds of items were showing up with a 0$ price tag and the website would let you check out. I made sure to add a cheap item to my cart like a 7$ pair of socks to make sure something would be billed on my credit card. I placed a few orders and after being scared that my card would get blocked after a few small transactions from the same retailer, I placed a few more orders, paying with PayPal. After about 30 minutes, the glitch was fixed and everything on the website had a normal price.

Depends where you are located. If you're in Quebec, they may just have to honor them.
A few minutes later, my PayPal orders were cancelled but the ones I placed with my credit card are still showing up as being processed and I see the charges on my credit card. What are the odds these orders will go through and is the retailer allowed to cancel them?
It depends where you are located? If you're in Quebec, they may have to honor them.
Signature removed due to external link rule violation.
[OP]
Dec 20, 2005
463 posts
29 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 10:41 pm
It depends where you are located? If you're in Quebec, they may have to honor them.
I live in Ontario but I have a friend in Quebec who also placed a few orders. Our orders are still listed as being processed so we'll see what happens...
[OP]
Dec 20, 2005
463 posts
29 upvotes
Avenger wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:34 am
Why so shady about which retailer?
Update, the rest of my orders have shipped! Retailed is Lacoste. AMAZING! I have like 15 shirts total totally free!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8197 posts
2115 upvotes
Toronto
mcbg1 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:34 pm
Update, the rest of my orders have shipped! Retailed is Lacoste. AMAZING! I have like 15 shirts total totally free!
Show proof.
Koodo $40/8GB