None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5671 posts
633 upvotes
Ottawa

Price for oil change at Mr Lube?

What are the prices at Mr Lube?

I need to have my oil changed before a trip to Kingston this weekend and need something quick!

Also, should I be changing oil every 5000km on a 97 cavalier with 200+ clicks?

Thanks
22 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2834 posts
38 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:35 am
What are the prices at Mr Lube?

I need to have my oil changed before a trip to Kingston this weekend and need something quick!

Also, should I be changing oil every 5000km on a 97 cavalier with 200+ clicks?

Thanks
prices are stupid their!!!! go to a active green ross, with coupon in toronto star around $20-25 plus tax or go to walmart
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5671 posts
633 upvotes
Ottawa
fireguy9 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:41 am
prices are stupid their!!!! go to a active green ross, with coupon in toronto star around $20-25 plus tax or go to walmart
Like I said, I need something quick, and I will be close to a Mr Lube this afternoon. Drving downt o the Walmart is not an option.

And I live in Ottawa, so I'm guessing this active green ross witha coupon from TO Star is not an option.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:47 am
Like I said, I need something quick, and I will be close to a Mr Lube this afternoon. Drving downt o the Walmart is not an option.

And I live in Ottawa, so I'm guessing this active green ross witha coupon from TO Star is not an option.
I think they are more expensive than dealer. Since most the cheaper options is not the option, it does not really matter how much they charge, right?
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5671 posts
633 upvotes
Ottawa
gman wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:51 am
I think they are more expensive than dealer. Since most the cheaper options is not the option, it does not really matter how much they charge, right?
There is the option of me not going and waiting till I get back to go do it at a cheaper place. If the price difference is acceptable, I will gladly take the hit to get it done today.
May 21, 2008
466 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
i guess depends on type of oil you need. i used to pay around $50 for synthetic oil and filter.

i think price starts from $30 or so..
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2289 posts
177 upvotes
The AG+R on Bank St. has a sign outside that says $19.95. Call them to check if they can fit you in (they can fill up quickly sometimes).
TripleHelix wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:47 am

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5671 posts
633 upvotes
Ottawa
mangoman wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:59 am
The AG+R on Bank St. has a sign outside that says $19.95. Call them to check if they can fit you in (they can fill up quickly sometimes).
Hmm, I will give them a call and see how long it would take for them to do it.

Thanks for the heads up!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5671 posts
633 upvotes
Ottawa
mangoman wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:59 am
CAlled AG+R and they said 29.99 and that it would take about an hour. They use Castrol GTX...

One hour is a bit too long for me though...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
7260 posts
128 upvotes
fireguy9 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:41 am
Do you have a link to the coupon please? (that i can print from computer)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15088 posts
744 upvotes
Woodbridge
If an hour is too long, DIY is the answer.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5450 posts
288 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
bembol wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 12:38 pm
If an hour is too long, DIY is the answer.
Really it is. Jack up car, buy filter, buy oil. It's about $20 anyways, and you get the satisfaction of knowing you did it right.
Regards,
--
m4gician
I like to detail cars. If you have any detailing questions I'd love to help! Tweet or Email anytime!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2289 posts
177 upvotes
That sucks - maybe it's an old sign or the deal's over(I just drove by on Monday)? If they said it takes an hour, that sounds like they'll squeeze you in between jobs. Your best bet if you can't afford an hour is to drive upto a Pennzoil place then if you're not able to do a messy oil change at home! ;)

I saw some ad for a cheapy oil change somewhere in Vanier at a corner garage but I wouldn't trust it - place looked shady! ($16.95 or something like that)
TripleHelix wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 12:05 pm
CAlled AG+R and they said 29.99 and that it would take about an hour. They use Castrol GTX...

One hour is a bit too long for me though...
Sep 15, 2003
68 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
But DIY would still take over an hour, if you don't have everything already in the garage (need to go to the store, buy the filter, and the oil, etc).

If OP's in a rush to get it done, Mr. Lube in Ottawa was a bit over $40 last I checked ($43 or so, IIRC). Oil Changers (http://oilchangers.ca) will run you 39.99, plus 1.99 (environmental fee), and you'll be in and out just as quickly.

Personally, I always DIY, but I'll admit it's not an option for everyone.

As for your oil change interval, you can't really go wrong with 5K intervals on that car. If you don't get it done before you leave for Kingston, I'd at least check the dipstick to make sure you're not running low.
× < >