None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8025 posts
248 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:35 am
What are the prices at Mr Lube?

I need to have my oil changed before a trip to Kingston this weekend and need something quick!

Also, should I be changing oil every 5000km on a 97 cavalier with 200+ clicks?

Thanks
Step 1: Google
Step 2: Pick up phone
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2834 posts
38 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 12:24 pm
Do you have a link to the coupon please? (that i can print from computer)
it was printed once every week in the star,,,
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5671 posts
633 upvotes
Ottawa
aquariaguy wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 2:11 pm
Step 1: Google
Step 2: Pick up phone
Congrats for being the most useless poster in the thread!

Thanks for nothing.

Thanks to everyone else who posted. I did go to Mr Lube and ended up getting pushed to buy an air filter for 19$ (I know I know).

Oil change was 47$ I think but at least I know I have brand new oil in the car for the trip.

At the end of the day, my time was worth more than saving on the oil change. 20 minutes and it was all done.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2834 posts
38 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks for nothing.

Thanks to everyone else who posted. I did go to Mr Lube and ended up getting pushed to buy an air filter for 19$ (I know I know).

Oil change was 47$ I think but at least I know I have brand new oil in the car for the trip.

At the end of the day, my time was worth more than saving on the oil change. 20 minutes and it was all done.
RFD members look to save $$ you didnt save $ only time. Exactly on the air filter,,,, prob too much $$

you will learn :D
Banned
May 20, 2008
227 posts
10 upvotes
Ontario
TripleHelix wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks for nothing.

actually, that post was THE most useful post here.

Look at the amount of time spent on this thread in the hopes of getting an answer that could have been reached by following the advice you bash.

And in the end, you got raped ... some intelligent planning on doing the oil change some time before the trip, not last minute, would have saved you time and money.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2538 posts
73 upvotes
Peterborough
yanksingh wrote:
Jul 10th, 2009 11:54 am
i guess depends on type of oil you need. i used to pay around $50 for synthetic oil and filter.
I'm driving a diesel Golf and at Mr. Lube it runs roughly $100 plus taxes. I go to a cheaper place down the road and it still runs $90 all in. That's for synthetic and an OEM filter. I can do a little better milage wise between changes because its synthetic, but its still dear. Ow.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2289 posts
176 upvotes
If you can, I'd suggest asking the shop you now go to how much they charge if you supply the oil and filter (or just the oil if you're ok with the brand of oil they use) or call around to check other shops nearby. Keep and eye out for some of the sales that can be had on the Mobil 1 or another option Esso XD-3 (in another thread it was mentioned that this can be found / purchased through your local distributor - check the esso website for lubricant distributors in your area). Half the brands of synthetic used by garages/dealers aren't really the good stuff (yet they're happily charging the premium price).
wiggy wrote:
Jul 11th, 2009 2:51 pm
I'm driving a diesel Golf and at Mr. Lube it runs roughly $100 plus taxes. I go to a cheaper place down the road and it still runs $90 all in. That's for synthetic and an OEM filter. I can do a little better milage wise between changes because its synthetic, but its still dear. Ow.
× < >