• Jul 11th, 2009 5:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2747 posts
155 upvotes
Peterborough
yanksingh wrote: i guess depends on type of oil you need. i used to pay around $50 for synthetic oil and filter.
I'm driving a diesel Golf and at Mr. Lube it runs roughly $100 plus taxes. I go to a cheaper place down the road and it still runs $90 all in. That's for synthetic and an OEM filter. I can do a little better milage wise between changes because its synthetic, but its still dear. Ow.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4578 posts
2489 upvotes
If you can, I'd suggest asking the shop you now go to how much they charge if you supply the oil and filter (or just the oil if you're ok with the brand of oil they use) or call around to check other shops nearby. Keep and eye out for some of the sales that can be had on the Mobil 1 or another option Esso XD-3 (in another thread it was mentioned that this can be found / purchased through your local distributor - check the esso website for lubricant distributors in your area). Half the brands of synthetic used by garages/dealers aren't really the good stuff (yet they're happily charging the premium price).
wiggy wrote: I'm driving a diesel Golf and at Mr. Lube it runs roughly $100 plus taxes. I go to a cheaper place down the road and it still runs $90 all in. That's for synthetic and an OEM filter. I can do a little better milage wise between changes because its synthetic, but its still dear. Ow.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)