Price for Passport Photo ??

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2016 3:33 pm
Jan 23, 2008
5 posts
Quebec
Costco $6.49 +tx ==> 30 minute wait for processing
CAA $13.49 +tx ==> no wait for processing

Both provide 2 colour photos and both are located in Pointe-Claire. Costco did mention that they only do Canadian passports.
Dec 12, 2007
4 posts
Toronto
I just got back from renewing my passport at the office near Scarborough Town Centre. I went to Walmart and paid $12.99 for 2 colour photos which were ready in 5 minutes.

After I renewed my passport, I left the building and noticed that there's a place on the lower level that does colour passport photos, 2 for $12.99 with a 3 minute wait. Had I known this before, I never would've bothered going to Walmart.

The address for the Passport Canada location is the following:

Passport Canada
Suite 210
200 Town Centre Court
Scarborough ON
Distance: 7 km
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Dec 9, 2005
849 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
opcode wrote:
Jan 8th, 2009 1:26 am
I just got back from renewing my passport at the office near Scarborough Town Centre. I went to Walmart and paid $12.99 for 2 colour photos which were ready in 5 minutes.

After I renewed my passport, I left the building and noticed that there's a place on the lower level that does colour passport photos, 2 for $12.99 with a 3 minute wait. Had I known this before, I never would've bothered going to Walmart.

The address for the Passport Canada location is the following:

Passport Canada
Suite 210
200 Town Centre Court
Scarborough ON
Distance: 7 km
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Good to know this if you are in a hurry, and if they reject them you don't have far to go to replace them. I like Costco I have used them a few times, for visas as well, for $6 you can't beat them but for someone in a hurry this is perfect
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2006
3434 posts
86 upvotes
Halton
Wal-Mart in and out in less then 10 minutes. Forget the price but it was fairly cheap. Also i have yet to see the passport office reject one of their photo's
Enjoy Life
Aug 31, 2008
515 posts
184 upvotes
Barrie
gman wrote:
Feb 28th, 2005 8:03 pm
And you ask your doctor (lawyer, accountants) to sign every single one of them. :)
You no longer need to have a any of the above sign the picture or be your guarantor...any card carrying visa holder can now vouch...I have certified lots of passport applications for people...My qualifications? Current passport holder. Example: In the case of parent, you can do it for your kids and no longer have to run around looking for a professional who has known you or the children for two years
Feb 3, 2009
1 posts
ottawa ontario
I realize this quoted post is old, but it is still misleading and wrong.
Here is the official up to date (as of February 2009) information regarding passport photos:

PHOTOGRAPHER AND GUARANTOR
Photos must be taken by a commercial photographer.
The name of the photographer or studio, the address and the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) must be provided directly on the back of one photo.
The guarantor must clearly write on the back of ONE (1) photo: "I certify this to be a true likeness of (applicant's name)".

Incedentally, I got my passport photo taken at Costco for $5 - they were having a promotion. :D

midget_man wrote:
Feb 28th, 2005 6:54 pm
Free---- (well cost of a tiny bit of paper and ink)

Do you have a digital camera?? Take it yourself and print it up. I called the passport office a while ago and it is a-ok, as long as you follow all the guidlines regarding size, smiling, etc..
Jan 10, 2009
242 posts
Hamilton, ON
I did mine for $9.99 plus tax at this little place that also has a Canada Post, on Steeles and Carpenter Road (North York). 2 colour photos, took less than 10 minutes. This was for an Israeli passport.
Jan 23, 2005
17 posts
MARKHAM
After going to get my Indian Visa and Passport photo last thing on a Friday night. The staff at Rapid Photo knew the right size and it only took about
ten minutes from start to finish. Plus I got a $2 off coupon from their website
www.rapidphoto.ca :cheesygri
Jun 11, 2008
256 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey, my family and I are planning on going to Costco to have our passport pics taken this weekend. Do we need to have a membership to use their photo service? Also, what is the regular price for passport pictures @ Costco? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

smartgirl33 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2009 9:46 pm
I realize this quoted post is old, but it is still misleading and wrong.
Here is the official up to date (as of February 2009) information regarding passport photos:

PHOTOGRAPHER AND GUARANTOR
Photos must be taken by a commercial photographer.
The name of the photographer or studio, the address and the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) must be provided directly on the back of one photo.
The guarantor must clearly write on the back of ONE (1) photo: "I certify this to be a true likeness of (applicant's name)".

Incedentally, I got my passport photo taken at Costco for $5 - they were having a promotion. :D
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1188 posts
100 upvotes
Red Deer
Just got my mugshot taken at Shoppers drug mart $9.99
Nov 2, 2008
11 posts
I went to a place called Izee Baby Portrait Studio and got two colour copies for $7.99. It's at 537 Lawrence Ave West, that's right at lawrence and bathurst.

I was in and out in 10 minutes. if you don't have a costco membership, this is the next best place.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1799 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
rotjong wrote:
May 15th, 2009 3:10 pm
Just got my mugshot taken at Shoppers drug mart $9.99
+1
our whole family got it done there. didnt pay a cent actually cuz we used our optimum points :cheesygri
staff there was very helpful... they notice there my mom's forehead was a bit too shiny after the first shot...so they took her to the make-up section of the store for some powder to bring down the shine ..then retook the picture again at no cost, no hassle
Portfolio: AH87 Studios
Nikon D700 | Nikon 80-200mm AF-D f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 | Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8

FS: MINT CONDITION Google Nexus S - $150 OBO
Jul 4, 2005
140 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Wal-Mart is $14.99+tax.... 10 mins wait... colour or black...

Wish I had gone elsewhere, like Shoppers... kind of expensive at $14.99.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
1923 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Just to bump this up,

A store joint with Jumbo Computer down at the corner of Kensington/College has 2 Passport Photo (Colour) for 7.80 + tax.
RFD FTW!!! :twisted:
× < >