Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Price protection! 30/01 -BB: Lenovo P580 reduced @$249, V570 @$299.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 12:09 pm
Tags:
Jun 23, 2008
395 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2013 3:58 pm
Hey guys, anyone here have these low speeds like my wireless on v570? Even on my old laptop I get steady 54mbps but I can't find any lenovo drivers for intel wireless card.

What are your steady speeds on p580?
my P580 works fine . haven't check speed.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14702 posts
18311 upvotes
ONTARIO
Westnylenet wrote:
Feb 1st, 2013 8:04 pm
After afew weeks of HEAVY video editing use, and i mean HEAVy, ive left this thing on running 70 hour renders... This laptop is a beast, Cooling is superb, Especially for its price range... With an ssd, you can see 4sec times, I dno wtf is up with ssd prices, but i paid 79.99 for my mushkin 120gb that i see now for 119 cheapest on sale :S so odd... ssd went up lol
While I haven't been using it for video editing, I've had mine going now for 20+ days straight without any need for a restart. It's been downloading, repairing, extracting, and moving tons of gigabytes day after day without a hitch.
I have it constantly running CP/SB/SAB 24/7 along with teamviewer so I can remotely control it from my main laptop. Also running my Serviio server on it along with my Calibre content server.

Can't believe it ended up being only $249.99.
In Nov. 2011 I bought the $229 Lenovo B560 (intel p6200/2gb/320gb hdd) from a futureshop deal posted on RFD. THAT was considered "hot" at the time.
This laptop blows that one out of the water and it was only $20 more.

Kinda wish I grabbed a second one just as a spare (lol). Doubt I'll find another laptop with these specs for $250 any time soon.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3438 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2013 4:31 pm
While I haven't been using it for video editing, I've had mine going now for 20+ days straight without any need for a restart. It's been downloading, repairing, extracting, and moving tons of gigabytes day after day without a hitch.
I have it constantly running CP/SB/SAB 24/7 along with teamviewer so I can remotely control it from my main laptop. Also running my Servvio server on it along with my Calibre content server.

Can't believe it ended up being only $249.99.
In Nov. 2011 I bought the $229 Lenovo B560 (intel p6200/2gb/320gb hdd) from a futureshop deal posted on RFD. THAT was considered "hot" at the time.
This laptop blows that one out of the water and it was only $20 more.

Kinda wish I grabbed a second one just as a spare (lol). Doubt I'll find another laptop with these specs for $250 any time soon.
I've ran across CP and SB. Not sure how it works but I would really like to set it up on my computer. Just wondering if you would have a link to a tutorial or a specific website/forum that I can follow.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
14702 posts
18311 upvotes
ONTARIO
Matryx wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2013 1:24 am
I've ran across CP and SB. Not sure how it works but I would really like to set it up on my computer. Just wondering if you would have a link to a tutorial or a specific website/forum that I can follow.
Don't know about CouchPotato, but here is a Sickbeard tutorial:
http://www.howtogeek.com/72267/how-to-t ... ick-beard/

Although you might find both very easy to set up without a tutorial. CP even has a startup wizard to guide you through the configuration process the first time you run it.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
3432 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
I got a problem with activated windows 8 key, I install windows 8 pro in my virtual machine and activated it.Now,I'd like to install it on another pc,how to deactivate it from virtual machine and re-activate it on the new pc,I got message that says it exceeds limit,but I did remove the key by using some of commands that I found on the internet, please advise, thanks.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Dec 7, 2001
175 posts
5 upvotes
Victoria
I have Windows 8 installed as a dual boot; however, cannot get the wireless to work under windows 8, the Fn-F5 doesn't appear to turn on or off the wireless on the laptop. Any ideas?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2133 posts
1340 upvotes
ddhaaron wrote:
Feb 4th, 2013 4:46 pm
I have Windows 8 installed as a dual boot; however, cannot get the wireless to work under windows 8, the Fn-F5 doesn't appear to turn on or off the wireless on the laptop. Any ideas?
May be you know it but just to be sure the action fn+f5 itself does not turn on or off the wireless. You need to turn it on (off) by clicking in the yellow dot under status setting
Dec 17, 2010
643 posts
236 upvotes
BB link is live again but the price has increased to 379.99$. Still showing sold out.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2009
1499 posts
455 upvotes
Edmonton
Just put 840 pro 256g SSD in my p580, boots up in 13 seconds when iI push power.
Jul 30, 2010
263 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Nominated this thread for the thread of the month. Helped me out greatly as my desktop had stopped working just 1-2 months ago and the timing was great especially considering the price.

My original purchased laptop had an issue with the bezel and the hinges making cracking sounds when closing the lid. So then I got a few other but each one of them had an issue and in the end ended up returning the others. In between while making the returns, also got sick and in the end just had too much and ended up keeping my original purchase. The cracking noise was minor compared to the other laptop issues(screen) and in the end, happy with the purchase. Thanks to everyone.

Didn't update windows 8, happy with windows 7.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2133 posts
1340 upvotes
hyperzore wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 8:53 pm
Nominated this thread for the thread of the month. Helped me out greatly as my desktop had stopped working just 1-2 months ago and the timing was great especially considering the price.

My original purchased laptop had an issue with the bezel and the hinges making cracking sounds when closing the lid. So then I got a few other but each one of them had an issue and in the end ended up returning the others. In between while making the returns, also got sick and in the end just had too much and ended up keeping my original purchase. The cracking noise was minor compared to the other laptop issues(screen) and in the end, happy with the purchase. Thanks to everyone.

Didn't update windows 8, happy with windows 7.
I remeber you also had an issue with volume bar or something? Was it resolved now?