Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Price protection! 30/01 -BB: Lenovo P580 reduced @$249, V570 @$299.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2015 11:35 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3232 posts
1098 upvotes
Toronto
siennaLe2008 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2013 2:30 pm
If you paid good price ($299?), why not give it another chance by exchanging?
14day exchange might have been over
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
13541 posts
16107 upvotes
Really wish I had picked up two of these when I could. My media player crapped out and for the $250 price tag and specs it would have made a good htpc. Cheaper than building a mini-atx htpc anyways.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2131 posts
1339 upvotes
^^ Lenovo P580 (i5 3rd Gen., 6GB RAM, USB 3.0, 750GB HD, HD4000) == 840 Pro SSD

One known poster bought 4, another bought 3 and several bought 2.. There might be others as well.
Aug 22, 2011
590 posts
305 upvotes
Montreal
When does votes end for the Thread of the Month ????

I'm so happy with my P580. Everything works well. No problem whatsoever. Unbelievable deal & thread :-)
I've finally installed Android on my HP Touchpad. I thought installation would be trickier but it went well. Didn't think I would appreciate Android that much ....
Lots of Apps and the Android environment has a more modern look and feel than WebOS.

I really hope SiennaLe2008 wins the Thread of the Month contest :)
Montréal, Québec
Jun 23, 2008
380 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
MIAB wrote:
Jan 28th, 2013 11:35 pm
Please Help,
I did a factory re-install of Windows by using the little button beside the power button on my P580. Everything looked fine but when Windows restarts after the restore the keyboard does not work. The Touchpad works. I checked the keyboard driver in device manager and it says working properly. I uninstalled keyboard driver and restarted and still no keyboard. I did another factory restore but same thing. I'm using the onscreen keyboard to get around for now. Keyboard worked fine before restoring.

thanks in advance
I am having the same problem. the keyboard stop working after restore. the driver is microsoft one. I was trying uninstall. however, not succeed. reinstall lenovo driver, it says installation not properly. tried another restore, still keyboard not working.
anyone able to fix the issue?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3232 posts
1098 upvotes
Toronto
annexguy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 3:33 pm
I am having the same problem. the keyboard stop working after restore. the driver is microsoft one. I was trying uninstall. however, not succeed. reinstall lenovo driver, it says installation not properly. tried another restore, still keyboard not working.
Try:

in windows use the onekey manager to create 3 recovery disks and use those to reinstall everything by booting from cd rom drive.
Jun 23, 2008
380 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Troy_McClure wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 4:52 pm
Try:

in windows use the onekey manager to create 3 recovery disks and use those to reinstall everything by booting from cd rom drive.
I created 3 recovery disks from another P580.
it's back to normal now. tks!

I am just concern when it will stop working again. is it a hardware issue or keyboard driver issue?

I also found the recovery file can be stored at it's own h/d Lenovo partition. I guess that is created for this purpose.

The factory initial recovery file is stored at another hided partition.

BTW, shall I install another firewall freeware, e.g. ZoneAlarm, PC tools firewall; because I don't trust windows one very much. tks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2131 posts
1339 upvotes
annexguy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 3:41 pm

I am just concern when it will stop working again. is it a hardware issue or keyboard driver issue?

I also found the recovery file can be stored at it's own h/d Lenovo partition. I guess that is created for this purpose.

The factory initial recovery file is stored at another hided partition.

BTW, shall I install another firewall freeware, e.g. ZoneAlarm, PC tools firewall; because I don't trust windows one very much. tks!
Your machine is fine. I'd say most of the problems are caused by drivers (not compatible etc.). Just leave the machine as it such as don't try to clean install, customize etc. then it should be ok.

It is important to have 3 factory recovery discs

There is some free code for bitDefender in this expired section, try to look for it.

edit: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-bitd ... st16288367
Aug 22, 2011
590 posts
305 upvotes
Montreal
I received today from Lenove (Austin, Texas) an audit report regarding "Windows 8 Pro Upgrade 2012 - Canada". The letter asks for an original invoice and to resubmit the required doc along with a copy of the audit letter. I just called Lenovo 1-800-830-0232, couldn't talk with CSR but left a message asking for an explanation. On the other hand, I just checked the status of my rebate (www.rebate4u.com) and it says that the Visa Prepaid Card will be shipped in 2-3 weeks.

I'll wait for a callback from Lenovo and I'll let you know what they say, so you know what to do if ever you receive the same type of letter.
Montréal, Québec
Oct 9, 2005
398 posts
26 upvotes
Thornhill
annexguy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2013 3:41 pm

If you are using another P580's recovery disc, does that also mean that you are using his serial as well? I don't recall needing to enter a serial key when I changed harddrives and reinstalling from the recovery discs
Hi
Dec 17, 2010
621 posts
231 upvotes
MiniTatou wrote:
Feb 14th, 2013 3:31 pm
I received today from Lenove (Austin, Texas) an audit report regarding "Windows 8 Pro Upgrade 2012 - Canada". The letter asks for an original invoice and to resubmit the required doc along with a copy of the audit letter. I just called Lenovo 1-800-830-0232, couldn't talk with CSR but left a message asking for an explanation. On the other hand, I just checked the status of my rebate (www.rebate4u.com) and it says that the Visa Prepaid Card will be shipped in 2-3 weeks.

I'll wait for a callback from Lenovo and I'll let you know what they say, so you know what to do if ever you receive the same type of letter.
Are they asking original invoice for the Windows 8 or the laptop. My rebate status also shows visa card has been shipped. Did you receive any callback from Lenovo?
Nov 9, 2005
105 posts
10 upvotes
annexguy wrote:
Feb 11th, 2013 3:33 pm
Mine was a hardware (dead keyboard) issue. Lenovo shipped it to their repair facility in North Bay. Got it back yesterday but have not had a chance to try it yet.

I bought two. One for my wife and one for me. The second unit had a VERY weird issue yesterday. In the middle of using it with dual monitors it just when dead instantaneously. It also was so hot on the left side of the keyboard you can almost not touch it. It wouldn't restart until about an hour later. I'm using it right now and seems to be working fine. Weird.
Aug 22, 2011
590 posts
305 upvotes
Montreal
dealhunter16 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2013 9:52 am
Are they asking original invoice for the Windows 8 or the laptop. My rebate status also shows visa card has been shipped. Did you receive any callback from Lenovo?
No, no callback yet. The letter doesn't specify which original receipt :-/
Montréal, Québec
× < >