Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Price protection! 30/01 -BB: Lenovo P580 reduced @$249, V570 @$299.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2015 11:35 pm
Tags:
Jun 19, 2010
918 posts
210 upvotes
Riverview
Kriis wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 9:45 am
Isn't this a better deal than the original one posted? For $50 you get USB 3.0, quicker RAM, and a better battery. Any opinions?
Yup. as long it's a Lenovo factory warranty, and not some Worst Buy crap.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1329 posts
87 upvotes
Thanks OP! got my $22.60 back this morning, but the CSR said it takes up to 8 days to show up??!!?? I noticed they raised the price of the so called "special offer" of MS Office by $20 to offset the drop in price of the item. Supposed to be out for delivery right now, so hope everything works fine on this thing.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1231 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Also better video card? HD 4000 vs 3000 and 250GB more space!

Usually the 299 or low 300 laptops don't have USB 3.0 (which I want to use it with my new 3.0 External!)

Thanks Ops!
Kriis wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 9:45 am
Isn't this a better deal than the original one posted? For $50 you get USB 3.0, quicker RAM, and a better battery. Any opinions?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2131 posts
1339 upvotes
I too realized that the P580 is a better deal but for others either the v570 purchase is intended to use for non essential things, budget constraint etc. or may be $50 is just a bit over budget after all purchases on BD, BF.
But if you plan to use it as your main laptop and money is not an issue then by all means go for the P580
Aug 21, 2009
41 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks! Went for two P580. The v570 has reports of motherboard issues according to google.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1231 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Do you know if credit card still doubles the warranty if the laptop is not purchased full price (e.g. part of it is paid with gift card)?
FatWallet wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 9:30 am
I never, ever buy extended warranties from stores, except for AppleCare (and I buy that off eBay at a big discount). If it's offered by NEW (National Electronics Warranty or a store-branded version), run for your life! Crooks. Most try to weasel out of repairs for nitpicky crap. The only other warranty I would trust is SquareTrade with damage coverage, but they apparently don't do "buy your own" warranties in Canada like in the US.

If you can use a credit card that doubles the warranty up to a year, do that. It's free.
Jun 19, 2010
918 posts
210 upvotes
Riverview
azybcxrfd wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:02 am
Do you know if credit card still doubles the warranty if the laptop is not purchased full price (e.g. part of it is paid with gift card)?
Depends on the card. Go to their website to check the terms and conditions. I never had a problem, but that was in the competitive US, not the corporate-collusive country called Canada.
In your pants!
Sep 29, 2008
535 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga
A few questions:

Can you extend the warranty through Lenovo? Looks like best buy wont provide a service plan or alteast i do not see an option online (if that is even worth it at all).

How do you know your credit card qualifies for an extended year or warranty? How does that work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2131 posts
1339 upvotes
FatWallet wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:06 am
Depends on the card. Go to their website to check the terms and conditions. I never had a problem, but that was in the competitive US, not the corporate-collusive country called Canada.
:)
Mar 3, 2008
471 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
FatWallet wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 9:30 am
I never, ever buy extended warranties from stores, except for AppleCare (and I buy that off eBay at a big discount). If it's offered by NEW (National Electronics Warranty or a store-branded version), run for your life! Crooks. Most try to weasel out of repairs for nitpicky crap. The only other warranty I would trust is SquareTrade with damage coverage, but they apparently don't do "buy your own" warranties in Canada like in the US.

If you can use a credit card that doubles the warranty up to a year, do that. It's free.
THanks man, appreciate the info.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1647 posts
155 upvotes
motime wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:06 am
A few questions:

Can you extend the warranty through Lenovo? Looks like best buy wont provide a service plan or alteast i do not see an option online (if that is even worth it at all).

How do you know your credit card qualifies for an extended year or warranty? How does that work.
Google information about your CC and see if they have other perks/feature that includes extended warranty. For example my TD Visa gold elite has it, it doubles the standard warranty for all electronics making its 2 years rather then 1. Never had to use it tho (knock on wood)
Jun 19, 2010
918 posts
210 upvotes
Riverview
siennaLe2008 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:07 am
:)
Don't even get me started on 3-year cell phone contracts. Welcome to the Northern Dominion of Draconia.
In your pants!
Aug 16, 2003
592 posts
42 upvotes
Thanks OP, just applied for a price match as I bought it earlier in December at the regular price. It seems like a nice laptop to me, no issues, well built, fast enough and refurbed by Lenovo.
Sep 29, 2008
535 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the info.

Okay so I just realized that you cannot extend your warranty on refurbished laptops through lenovo, also best buy will not extend and provide a service plan.

So the max warranty you can get on this laptop is 1 year, is this true? I was looking for more than a year as a year just flies by.
Sep 26, 2007
381 posts
27 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hmmm...I'm comtemplating of buying a refurb Lenovo Thinkpad x220 (i5/4GB RAM/320GB drive) on ebay for approx $500 which is close to the price on the Lenovo Ideapad P580.

I've never used Lenovo Ideapad laptops, any thoughts on this laptop..
I'll be using the laptop mostly for work and will run two virtual servers on it. It has to be portal as I'm usually on the road.

Thx.
× < >