Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21267 posts
2088 upvotes
Winkle wrote:
Nov 17th, 2009 11:13 am
My understanding is you register the warranty with the warranty slip that comes with all Nikon products that has to be backed up by a receipt showing the product serial number (which obviously has to match whatever is on the product and warranty slip) plus the name of the person on the warranty slip.

I'm pretty sure they can't go by the name on the receipt alone, the receipt will only show a name if a Credit Card was used for the purchase, plus its not always the same name. What if a friend purchased the product for me? The receipt will have their name and not mine so I'm not eligible for the warranty?
Nikon does not usually deny service because the warranty card is missing. As long as you have the receipt, they accept it for repair.

I'm sure once the item is brought in for service the first time they take the persons name, address, etc. This ensures others cannot use the warranty in the future.

How Nikon verifies the owner of a cash purchase is unknown. Perhaps as long as the receipt is blank, and the item is claim free, the warranty is good to go.
Nov 18, 2009
2 posts
Guelph, Ontario
Why bother, mostlydigital.ca has the d90 body only for $874.99, Hanry's will price match if you do it right.

I bought mine full price at Henry's, then went in the very next day when I found the lower price. Box it all up again and bring it back into the store so the threat of returning it is very real. If they don't price match they can have it back right then and there.

That lense is mediocre anyway, so take the savings and go for a better lense.
Jan 1, 2007
999 posts
96 upvotes
Futureshop just had this as an online special, might not be the best deal and maybe by Xmas, this will drop even more.

Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital Camera With 18-55mm VR Lens - Web Only for $1069.99.
Dec 14, 2007
2 posts
Victoria, BC
You can still get great deal at Future Shop. They had the Nikon D90 with 18-105 lens on sale for $1279. They matched the price $1169 from a competitor. I also got the Lowpro AW200 bag for only $85 (reg $120). I think I got a deal overall.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7914 posts
951 upvotes
JReid wrote:
Nov 19th, 2009 5:38 pm
Why bother, mostlydigital.ca has the d90 body only for $874.99, Hanry's will price match if you do it right.

I bought mine full price at Henry's, then went in the very next day when I found the lower price. Box it all up again and bring it back into the store so the threat of returning it is very real. If they don't price match they can have it back right then and there.

That lense is mediocre anyway, so take the savings and go for a better lense.
Eh, its not that bad at Henry's from my experience. I've price-matched twice, once a lens for $150 and a body for like $260. I PM'd the lens a day after I bought it, just took my receipt in (left the lens and the box in the car, didn't want to seem too pushy), showed them the advert, store manager glanced at it and asked one of his employees to PM it. No issues.

The body, I called ahead, gave them the PM price, the lady checked their database to make sure the PM isn't below cost, then said all I had to do was bring a printout of the advert to show the price and that it's in stock and she will PM it no problems, even held the body for me for 3 business days.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Jan 1, 2007
999 posts
96 upvotes
Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital Camera With 18-55mm VR Lens for $1019.99+tax.

Or

Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm VR Lens Kit + Free Lowepro Midtown Camera Matching Bag for $1249.99+tax. Currently at BestBuy. I would imagine the 105mm and Lowepro Midtown bag ($60) is worth the upgrade?

Or

Should I not get either of these and just price match the D90 body $875 at MostlyDigital. What len do a bit of everything, close and far shots that everyone recommends?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21267 posts
2088 upvotes
engmsf wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2009 5:30 pm
Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital Camera With 18-55mm VR Lens for $1019.99+tax.

Or

Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm VR Lens Kit + Free Lowepro Midtown Camera Matching Bag for $1249.99+tax. Currently at BestBuy. I would imagine the 105mm and Lowepro Midtown bag ($60) is worth the upgrade?

Or

Should I not get either of these and just price match the D90 body $875 at MostlyDigital. What len do a bit of everything, close and far shots that everyone recommends?
Out of the two, go with the 18-105. Should be more than you need for a while.
Jun 17, 2005
89 posts
31 upvotes
Sorel-Tracy
Just a quick note, only today, 24th November, there is no GST on selected items at Mostlydigital.ca, that include many things such as the D90 with the 18-105mm VR lens kit.

Since they already have very good prices on many items, I've just ordered the D90 + 18-105mm for myself, along an Nikon NC Filter, a Sandisk 5-1 imagemate reader and an extra EN-EL3e battery. So since I'm outside Ontario, I only paided for shipping, no taxes!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2007
1502 posts
59 upvotes
Brampton
Awesome prices! too bad they are in Ontario, lol.... :mad:
Jun 17, 2005
89 posts
31 upvotes
Sorel-Tracy
mk5gti wrote:
Nov 24th, 2009 11:45 am
Awesome prices! too bad they are in Ontario, lol.... :mad:
You might check at Simon Cameras, they are in Québec Province, and they offer a 5% discount on online orders, and they have relatively good prices for the D90 (at least the last time I've checked).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8608 posts
1661 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Agima wrote:
Nov 24th, 2009 4:09 am
Just a quick note, only today, 24th November, there is no GST on selected items at Mostlydigital.ca, that include many things such as the D90 with the 18-105mm VR lens kit.

Since they already have very good prices on many items, I've just ordered the D90 + 18-105mm for myself, along an Nikon NC Filter, a Sandisk 5-1 imagemate reader and an extra EN-EL3e battery. So since I'm outside Ontario, I only paided for shipping, no taxes!
Thanks a lot, ordered yesterday right after the last in-stock got sold, still went ahead and ordered.
And to my surprise, I just received a shipping notification this morning!
I don't know how MostlyDigital pulled it out, but ETA for tomorrow, hopefully Xpresspost doesn't let me down (esp. since I work at the support desk of CanadaPost employees!!)

$895 shipped, no tax :D
Thanks
Jun 17, 2005
89 posts
31 upvotes
Sorel-Tracy
Daijoubu wrote:
Nov 25th, 2009 11:49 am
Thanks a lot, ordered yesterday right after the last in-stock got sold, still went ahead and ordered.
And to my surprise, I just received a shipping notification this morning!
I don't know how MostlyDigital pulled it out, but ETA for tomorrow, hopefully Xpresspost doesn't let me down (esp. since I work at the support desk of CanadaPost employees!!)

$895 shipped, no tax :D
Thanks

Good for you! My order haven't shipped yet tho. There is one item on my list that was in stock, but it is now in "ordering status" in my shipping order. Hopefully it won't take too long!
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1842 posts
65 upvotes
Vaughan
No Black Friday deals for D90?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8608 posts
1661 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Agima wrote:
Nov 25th, 2009 9:01 pm
Good for you! My order haven't shipped yet tho. There is one item on my list that was in stock, but it is now in "ordering status" in my shipping order. Hopefully it won't take too long!
Carded pickup at 1PM (apparently), someone was home so I have my doubts, but I arrived to the post office 15mins before closure after work and picked it up, thanks to BIXI :)

So far so good!! (Had some troubles with my SDHC card getting corrupted, but more testing to be done, was recording video and unplugged the HDMI cable, that may have caused it)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9116 posts
252 upvotes
fooit wrote:
Nov 27th, 2009 1:05 pm
No Black Friday deals for D90?
There are plenty, just not in Canada, as "Black Friday" is obviously not applicable in Canada.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/sdsearch.p ... orumchoice[]=9&childforums=1&mode=forum&search=D90&showposts=0

ALOT of Bing Cash Back deals... (Microsoft cash back for searches through their search engine payable through Paypal)
it's me ramin.