Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
141 upvotes

price range in BST

Is there a way to add a text field to posts made in BST, specifically for price?

What I'm thinking would be to add this to the search page for example:

I want to search in cell phones sub-forum - put my key words in (samsung, iphone etc) and then I put a desired price range.

The results would come back with only the phones in my specified price range.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
Interesting idea! Thanks for the suggestion!
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11743 posts
1612 upvotes
how would it work for people selling many items in one thread?
Jul 5, 2004
23826 posts
3384 upvotes
qaz393 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2012 10:31 am
how would it work for people selling many items in one thread?

That's what I'm wondering too. I don't even know if it can truly work with the current BST system. It might need to go to more a classifieds system rather than a forum based system.

Also, people need to enter in the real price range too, rather than mislead people into coming into their threads only to find out the true price is higher than the range indicates.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
3009 posts
110 upvotes
East York
The idea the OP is expressing sounds a lot like the system Craigslist runs on......I always thought it'd be interesting to have on RFD...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
141 upvotes
Never really thought about the multiple item for sale posts.. hmmmm. that could complicate things for sure. One possibility would maybe have the OP reply two or three times with each item in the thread and have one item per post? Will try and brain storm and come up with some other ways but I think it's a good idea if we could get it implemented - at least on a trial basis.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11743 posts
1612 upvotes
mcplar wrote:
Jun 1st, 2012 10:14 pm
Never really thought about the multiple item for sale posts.. hmmmm. that could complicate things for sure. One possibility would maybe have the OP reply two or three times with each item in the thread and have one item per post? Will try and brain storm and come up with some other ways but I think it's a good idea if we could get it implemented - at least on a trial basis.

not going to work. most people are not selling one single item.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
2237 posts
141 upvotes
qaz393 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2012 10:21 pm
not going to work. most people are not selling one single item.

And who says the current method is the best. It's a dogs breakfast when you are trying to search for anything right now.