• Nov 12th, 2017 8:17 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2003
1215 posts
216 upvotes

Priceline.com ... does this WORK?

shneebs wrote: I noticed that if you send a gift subscription from the US to a Cdn address, the price is $21US. So... I just sent a gift subscription to myself, entering my US address the same as my Cdn address, but for State, I entered "California" as I read elsewhere that this tactic works on Priceline.com because the system interprets it as CA for Canada... The only reason they need my billing address is to confirm it for credit card purposes, so as long as it fools the system, it should work.... The gift address is entered as a Cdn address, so it all sounds good in theory! :lol:

Shneebs.
Has anyone ever tried this?
19 replies
Nov 28, 2004
259 posts
3 upvotes
Vaughan
It will work. I booked a hotel room in September using the same method. You may have to use Mastercard though - Priceline didn't seem to like my VISA cards.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
67 upvotes
llcooljayce wrote:Has anyone ever tried this?
Yes, this does work on Priceline. But you need a Mastercard or Amex as it will reject a Canadian Visa CC.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3352 posts
245 upvotes
Mississauga
Awesome! I thought it was only for American travellers!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2003
1160 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
do you really haveta be 21 as stated on their website? or is that just for americans....
Jan 16, 2005
567 posts
50 upvotes
:cheesygri My bf and I are priceline.com addicts... and we've used it for Canadian hotels many many times...
Prevoius successes included US$30 for a downtown Quebec hotel, US $30 for the Toronto Novotel hotel, US$25 for Cambridge hotel... to name just a few.
What I did was, I put down:
"Toronto Ontario Canada" as the City... (kinda a long name for a city eh?)... and put "NY" for state and "12345" for zip code.
It works every time! Never got any problems.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
I've heard that you get offered hotels that are being renovated, or they give you the krappiest room?! I'm heading to Montreal Feb 14 and was checking out Priceline, but seems a bit confusing?!
Jan 25, 2004
972 posts
1 upvote
we pricelined out hotels for our disneyland trip in october, as well as hotels in vancouver for out layovers. Stayed at the park plaza and delta in vancouver for $45 USD, stayed at the crowne plaza, and hyatt regency in anaheim for 33 USD/night
My eBay Feedback
Heatware ID SledBC
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
67 upvotes
9394 wrote:I've heard that you get offered hotels that are being renovated, or they give you the krappiest room?! I'm heading to Montreal Feb 14 and was checking out Priceline, but seems a bit confusing?!
I'd say that's more the exception than the rule. Of course in most cases you won't get the upgraded suite, but the rooms are acceptable. I've been burned a couple of times with flea bag hotels, but everything else was satisfactory, particularly considering the price paid.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
2247 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Plus if you bid through <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=79 target=_blank>ebay's</a> travel website you get 10$ U.S back for a 2.5-3 star hotel, 15 $ for a 4 star hotel and such :)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2001
1100 posts
147 upvotes
New Brunswick
There's a great site for checking out other people's winning PriceLine bids - gives a reference on bidding strategies, expected hotels for various locations, etc, etc...

www.biddingfortravel.com

Shneebs.
"Homer no function beer well without" -- Homer Simpson :D
Aug 26, 2004
133 posts
hahahah

priceline.com was started up and run by someone at my school!!

i just think its pretty darn funny that someone my age (only 22) started up something so successful!!!

GO SCHULICH
Jul 15, 2003
307 posts
Mississauga
<a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>ebay</a> has a travel website?
VenomZeus wrote:Plus if you bid through <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=79 target=_blank>ebay's</a> travel website you get 10$ U.S back for a 2.5-3 star hotel, 15 $ for a 4 star hotel and such :)
Banned
Dec 26, 2004
2987 posts
6 upvotes
hmmm... maybe family can use this for fairmont toronto.
I have Vitiligo, it is there, but it is white (it = my eyebrow)

Shadow Dweller
My B/S/T:
Antenna 4 Sale: [URL]http://redfla
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11548 posts
5376 upvotes
Moving target
Just an FYI no choice on bedding preference with Priceline, not sure if you are travelling with friend or spouse.

Work around is hotwire.com 2 adults 1 child. Might be a cot but will work.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
Thank you for the 12 year revive
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1775 posts
823 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
Scored some AH-mazing deals for a few years but for some reason (maybe US exchange rate) the deals seemed to stop, and haven't used now in a long time. I used to love waiting the few seconds while it was processing and letting me know if my offer was accepted.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)