None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1358 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto

pricing on garage door

Need to upgrade my non insulated large 2 car garage door to an insulated steel one. what kind of pricing should I be expecting? I call around and get anywhere from $1100-2000 installed.. What should I be paying?

Any recommendations?
kthxbye
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6110 posts
1062 upvotes
Mississauga
A large two car garage door is normally 16'x7' in size and pricing installed will range from $950.00 to just over $3000.00 depending on manufacture, quality, materials, options location etc. Therefore you should pay between $950.00 and $3000.00 depending on the selction above. The top door manufactures are and not in this particular order, Garaga, Aamar, Clopay, Wayne Dalton to mention a few, then there are many others such as Martin, CHI, Overhead, and that's only a few.

EDIT;

If you narrowed it down to"

Exact size
Your location
insulation value
thickness
colour
Options such as glass insert etc.
Material such as vynl metal, fiberglass, wood etc.
Garage door opener
Manufacture

That would be good start.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15584 posts
5815 upvotes
Your location may be a big factor in the price. For example, I purchased a SteelCraft door (meeting your criteria) for $1050 or $1150 (I forget which) installed. SteelCraft makes their doors in Western Canada, and as such, our pricing in Western Canada may be much better than if you were to purchase a SteelCraft door in central/eastern Canada. The same would go for a supplier that manufactures doors in Ontario.

When comparing prices, make sure to compare what you get. For example, some companies had "extras" on top of their pricing for the release handle, weatherstripping, etc... that was all included in the quote I went with.

If you can post your location I am sure others can chime in on what price they paid for what kind of door.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1358 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
In in Markham.

I just want a basic no window insulated garage door.

My priorities are likely going to be insulation more so than anything else. I want decent insulation. I am sure its 16x7. Steel or aluminum? My one right now is wood... Already have a garage door opener. White color on both sides.

What are some brands in the 1000-1500 range? And anyone have recommendations for installers or resellers?
kthxbye
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15584 posts
5815 upvotes
import_nation wrote:
Feb 4th, 2014 1:31 pm
In in Markham.

I just want a basic no window insulated garage door.

My priorities are likely going to be insulation more so than anything else. I want decent insulation. I am sure its 16x7. Steel or aluminum? My one right now is wood... Already have a garage door opener. White color on both sides.

What are some brands in the 1000-1500 range? And anyone have recommendations for installers or resellers?
I do not know all the suburbs in the Toronto area, but there are a lot of positive reviews around an installer named "Ron". You might want to search the Home and Garden forum, there is regular mention of him as a garage door opener installer (I assume he installs garage doors). Perhaps with all of his positive feedback he would be a good place to start for what type of door to purchase and the installation cost.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1358 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
any link or contact? looking for name based on the first name is impossible on rfd lol
kthxbye
Sep 30, 2008
906 posts
593 upvotes
Pickering
TrevorK wrote:
Feb 4th, 2014 2:50 pm
I do not know all the suburbs in the Toronto area, but there are a lot of positive reviews around an installer named "Ron". You might want to search the Home and Garden forum, there is regular mention of him as a garage door opener installer (I assume he installs garage doors). Perhaps with all of his positive feedback he would be a good place to start for what type of door to purchase and the installation cost.
import_nation wrote:
Feb 4th, 2014 4:37 pm
any link or contact? looking for name based on the first name is impossible on rfd lol
Ron - (416) 459-4227 - garage-door-opener-installer-667342/
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3141 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
i bought two Garaga Acadia doors in 8x7. plain with no windows. cost was $750 + tax each including removal & disposal of old wooden door, removing and reattaching existing door openers. it was evidently a january promotion and was cheaper than other garaga distributors. it was cheaper than the home depot quote and one other local vendor in mississauga.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3141 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
import_nation wrote:
Feb 5th, 2014 8:55 am
which installer did you go with?
Dodds. I can give you a phone number of a owner if you're interested via PM.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1652 posts
378 upvotes
Woodbridge
I was browsing to look for a Garage door . Stumbled upon this thread . Any recommendations of companies / installers in GTA . I am looking for 16 X 7 garage door in range of 1000-1500 . TIA
Email me your Questions
fairdealheating@gmail.com
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2271 posts
583 upvotes
Give gtadoors here on rfd a pm and ask him.

I got two insulated doors installed from him with all new tracks and two new openers from him last year and I was very happy with the price, the service of the install, and the quality of the doors as well.

No complaints.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16510 posts
2183 upvotes
import_nation wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2014 11:05 am
Need to upgrade my non insulated large 2 car garage door to an insulated steel one. what kind of pricing should I be expecting? I call around and get anywhere from $1100-2000 installed.. What should I be paying??
Depends on the quality of the door...
Ohboiya wrote:
Feb 5th, 2014 2:42 pm
Dodds. I can give you a phone number of a owner if you're interested via PM.
Call Costco too - They use Ultimate Garage Systems in Markham for their installation - cheaper than Doods.

Workmanship was OK, although the first guy they sent messed up the capping. The company immediately sent a second installer to clean up the capping and now it's perfect.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1652 posts
378 upvotes
Woodbridge
Took several quotes and finalized royal over head doors in Vaughan . Saved 20 - 30 % from other quotes . I was quoted 1275 for 16X7 door with windows including tax ( R12 ) . Owner came and took measurements . So far impressed with services . Lets see how installation goes .
Email me your Questions
fairdealheating@gmail.com
Aug 14, 2011
198 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
anyone has any updated figures on a 16x7 garage door? non insulated?
Real Estate & Investing Adviser