Pride Toronto caves to BLM

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2017 5:26 pm
223 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5032 posts
580 upvotes
It is a shame that anyone lets BLM dictate any policy. They are a divisive group that hardly works for inclusiveness.

I feel bad for the police officers who can no longer appear in a festival meant to support their rights because some other group hijacked it.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14096 posts
1502 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad. I liked going to the pride parade in the past and I was very impressed at how active police were at shutting down those who tried to disrupt it. Recently it's gotten too political and detached from the core message, though, culminating in the decision to roll over for these idiots. I won't be attending anymore.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5136 posts
1217 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Ugh...
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5819 posts
220 upvotes
Don't give them permits to host the parade if they're going to use it to promote hate against police.

I do find it funny though that a group in Canada who has largely not been oppressed has used bullying and intimidation to get a group that has been largely oppressed to oppress others. BLM makes sense for the US where there are real problems. In Canada, the group that probably has the biggest problem with police is the aboriginal community and they are forming connections with police instead of excluding them.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
27947 posts
3971 upvotes
Ottawa
Well, won't that certainly strengthen the relationship with Toronto Police (and possibly others).
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1613 posts
102 upvotes
Montr
I am sympathetic to BLM and I think they made a good case for what they wanted, and if anything, they brought the pride organization back to it's roots as a political protest movement and away from a commercialized dance party.

The "no police" poster above is straw man argument, they never said that, it is not a logical conclusion to ascribe to them. I guess people really want to punch BLM protesters in the face, but this is all they can actually muster.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1457 posts
609 upvotes
Hamilton
That fact that they both had and called them demands really likens them more to a terrorist organization in my mind.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2146 posts
231 upvotes
Toronto
Umm - correct me if I'm wrong, but they are banning police floats but not police presence right?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
27947 posts
3971 upvotes
Ottawa
Ticco wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 1:22 pm
Umm - correct me if I'm wrong, but they are banning police floats but not police presence right?
From the article "remove police floats and marches from their annual parade " and "They had asked for nine demands to be met, one of which included a ban on police at future events."
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3585 posts
455 upvotes
can police ask for a demands to be met ? ... like a ban on BLM at future events ? Winking Face
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10528 posts
569 upvotes
Scarborough
So do officers actually have to work the parade now or can they skip it and only show up if someone calls 911.
Last edited by thechampion116 on Jan 18th, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1613 posts
102 upvotes
Montr
lubmar wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 2:09 pm
can police ask for a demands to be met ? ... like a ban on BLM at future events ? Winking Face
Lol, a demand, gosh that makes them terrorists.
Banned
Nov 15, 2016
34 posts
9 upvotes
Meh, the BLM org doesn't really matter at all. It is about time people stopped paying attention to such a hypocritical organization that promotes hate.
yeah