Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
7591 posts
1809 upvotes
Toronto
pathetic. Pride has no pride.
t3359 wrote:
May 13th, 2016 9:56 am
...The magic eight ball would randomly say things and logic would never work. The eight ball is just a gimmick and a waste of time and effort. So equivalently, there is no possibility to "debate" you.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4480 posts
767 upvotes
Markham
You should add a poll to this thread. Agree or disagree with Prides excluding police from the parade as a participant.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7069 posts
423 upvotes
Oh dear that is terrible. I think they made a huge mistake.

What does BLM have to do with Pride again?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7069 posts
423 upvotes
eldiablo wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 7:00 pm
This was nothing else but a political move by the Pride Toronto organizers. The optics of not allowing BLM pushing down this idiotic and racist agenda versus allowing gay police members with their float on the streets of Toronto would have been deemed as "black racism". Not sure how one differentiates any brand of racism as it all befalls to racism. It's unfortunate that the Pride Toronto organizers did not do the right thing and tell BLM to take a hike.
Actually I think the right response should have been that EVERYONE is included and we do not pass judgement and that if BLM has an issue with this, they should be dealing it with the Police and not Pride.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10510 posts
563 upvotes
I dont see why officers would continue working the events anyways unless it was their regular hours (ie. not overtime).

I can`t see why you would take additional time to be harassed by BLM.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7069 posts
423 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 10:07 am
I dont see why officers would continue working the events anyways unless it was their regular hours (ie. not overtime).

I can`t see why you would take additional time to be harassed by BLM.
Those who do are the ones who really care about what it stands for.

Working there or participating is important to them.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7069 posts
423 upvotes
Is there anything that can be done? Petition? Just email them? I guess just not attend?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2608 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
speedyforme wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 10:10 am
Is there anything that can be done? Petition? Just email them? I guess just not attend?
No, you can't do that. Any form of disagreement with Black Lives Matter means that you're a racist.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1318 posts
328 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Glad the cops arnt participating. You guys think very superficially but don't understand the core of what BLM is fighting for.

Why would BLM allow a group to participate if that same group harasses and belittled the Black lgbtq+ community? Also, why does police need to participate? Isn't it just a PR move? Why cant these same cops dress up in their regular clothes and come March instead of tearing up on camera?

Noone holds the cops accountable so I am actually happy they backed off.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1318 posts
328 upvotes
Brampton, ON
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 12:18 pm
No, you can't do that. Any form of disagreement with Black Lives Matter means that you're a racist.
No it dosent, feel free to attend one of their meetings they hold and I dare you to hold an argument with them. Sadly you or anyone wouldn't do that because you can't, you are just good at throwing out the racist word because having a constructive argument is something you cannot comprehend.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2608 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
flyingnurse wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 1:28 pm
Glad the cops arnt participating. You guys think very superficially but don't understand the core of what BLM is fighting for.

Why would BLM allow a group to participate if that same group harasses and belittled the Black lgbtq+ community? Also, why does police need to participate? Isn't it just a PR move? Why cant these same cops dress up in their regular clothes and come March instead of tearing up on camera?

Noone holds the cops accountable so I am actually happy they backed off.
You can feel however you want about the police but what gives BLM the right to tell the pride parade organizers who they can and can't include in their parade?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4293 posts
301 upvotes
who cares. really. cops have dug themselves into their own crap hole. perhaps this might allow them to improve their horrible image in this city. and start from scratch.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23272 posts
1059 upvotes
Markham, ON
no 10% discount at Kim's Convenience this year for Cops
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1318 posts
328 upvotes
Brampton, ON
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 1:33 pm
You can feel however you want about the police but what gives BLM the right to tell the pride parade organizers who they can and can't include in their parade?
And you guys can feel whatever you feel about BLM. I agree the way BLM went with protesting wasn't the best but you need to understand why they had to resort to it. BLM tried many times to make it clear using more socially acceptable methods but they failed thus an extreme one was done.

Also try to understand that even within the LGBTQ+ community there is exclusion and harassment towards Black and other colored members of that same community, therefore it isn't too surprising that pride toronto didn't want to address those with BLM and obviously ignored their quest for banning cops.