• Jun 26th, 2017 5:26 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1318 posts
328 upvotes
Brampton, ON
mkjr wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 1:34 pm
who cares. really. cops have dug themselves into their own crap hole. perhaps this might allow them to improve their horrible image in this city. and start from scratch.
Exactly, cops marching is just a stupid PR move that they want to use to act like they are all for inclusiveness and community togetherness.

If they really wanted to improve their image maybe they should begin by weeding out the shit apples and the police board and mayor having a spine to actually call out and demand prosecution for the bad apples.

The idiot cops involved in the recent incident with the man in toronto being beaten up even after being put in handcuffs would be a good place to start. Also fyi no SIU investigation is being done on that incident if I recall correctly, the mayor hasn't said anything worth noting and neither has the police chief. Taking care of these issues is what gets the community to respect and not fear cops.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5664 posts
220 upvotes
Groups like BLM work to divide us. Too bad that pride took the bait. I hope that people who support the police don't support pride.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4293 posts
301 upvotes
flyingnurse wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 2:05 pm
Exactly, cops marching is just a stupid PR move that they want to use to act like they are all for inclusiveness and community togetherness.

If they really wanted to improve their image maybe they should begin by weeding out the shit apples and the police board and mayor having a spine to actually call out and demand prosecution for the bad apples.

The idiot cops involved in the recent incident with the man in toronto being beaten up even after being put in handcuffs would be a good place to start. Also fyi no SIU investigation is being done on that incident if I recall correctly, the mayor hasn't said anything worth noting and neither has the police chief. Taking care of these issues is what gets the community to respect and not fear cops.
exactly!!!

and the countless dicks i deal with on film locations making their gravy OT!!! they really really do not help themselves.

[Tory did say something BTW...about the context of the arrest but nothing about the context of the asserted unlawful powers of the female and male officer who alleged to take the camera away...we have 100% of that context.]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7069 posts
423 upvotes
At the end of the day, Pride is there for inclusion and acceptance. It should not worry about BLM, cops or their relationships with each other. They can foster more support or programs to assist black gay youth but I don't see why excluding cops do anything for anyone? It's an image but does it really make black people safer?

I assume that cops that do hate on gay, hate on black gays the same as other gays.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1456 posts
192 upvotes
Markham
If Pride Toronto can ban groups like Israeli Apartheid then do the same with these self centered amateurs. Honestly I've seen Boy Scout groups act more maturily.
They are not gaining any support with narrow mindedness like this
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4687 posts
333 upvotes
Just remove funding from all private gathering. They should also pay all citizens who are negatively impacted by the traffic jams they create. Pride or white supremacist parade, as long as they pay us, who cares?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7022 posts
219 upvotes
These councillors are truly disgusting, allowing themselves to be pressured by cops.

They shouldnt pick a side.

Cops shouldnt determine what is best for pride. This is sickening.

Look at how fast people turning on pride. Clearly they made the right decision to take out the police float. As soon as they do something the bigots doesnt like, they are automatically opposed and trashed.

Great job by BLM by making this genius move.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5664 posts
220 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 4:20 pm
These councillors are truly disgusting, allowing themselves to be pressured by cops.

They shouldnt pick a side.

Cops shouldnt determine what is best for pride. This is sickening.

Look at how fast people turning on pride. Clearly they made the right decision to take out the police float. As soon as they do something the bigots doesnt like, they are automatically opposed and trashed.

Great job by BLM by making this genius move.
Great move by BLM as it has generated tons of media coverage for them on the backs of another more successful movement. Horrible for Pride though as they are basically being portrayed as a non-inclusive police hate group. Pride was great because it preached inclusiveness and genuinely made people reconsider their prejudice...they've lost a lot of the moral high ground now.

I don't think the city can turn their back on Pride due to the financial benefits but I think it will damage their ability to be effective community ambassadors for the people they represent which is unfortunate.
Jul 30, 2010
809 posts
100 upvotes
rb wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 4:30 pm
No one feed the Troll
hugh_da_man wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 4:34 pm
Great move by BLM as it has generated tons of media coverage for them on the backs of another more successful movement. Horrible for Pride though as they are basically being portrayed as a non-inclusive police hate group. Pride was great because it preached inclusiveness and genuinely made people reconsider their prejudice...they've lost a lot of the moral high ground now.

I don't think the city can turn their back on Pride due to the financial benefits but I think it will damage their ability to be effective community ambassadors for the people they represent which is unfortunate.
Dude, seriously.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
7591 posts
1422 upvotes
Always best to follow the chart!

** Yes, I'm Italian! ** 😎
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7022 posts
219 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 4:34 pm

Damage what?. The only ones offended by this are the bigots. Pride knows who is on their side.

This is beyond BLM or Pride. Cops are starting to put pressure on councillors to cut funding because their feelings got hurt. Over a float.

A FLOAT.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. This is one of the pettiest things I have ever seen them do.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5664 posts
220 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 6:27 pm
Damage what?. The only ones offended by this are the bigots. Pride knows who is on their side.
It damages their ability to be effective ambassadors to the community when they're clearly excluding the police for no real reason other than to appease BLM. What reason does Pride have to exclude the police?

This has nothing to do with bigots being offended and everything to do with Pride losing more credibility. Their focus should be on promotion of their community and inclusivity, this is just a distraction.

kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 6:27 pm
This is beyond BLM or Pride. Cops are starting to put pressure on councillors to cut funding because their feelings got hurt. Over a float.

A FLOAT.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. This is one of the pettiest things I have ever seen them do.
1) If the cops want to throw the support of their membership behind councilors that support them I don't see a problem with that. Are you against unions and organized labour?
2) I totally understand why the police would be upset about being left out of Pride. Being excluded by Pride implies that the cops are guilty of something.
3) The police are very concerned about anything that creates mistrust of the police in the community.

That being said, there is very little evidence that the cops are pressuring any councilors.