Pride Toronto caves to BLM

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2017 5:26 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36666 posts
2538 upvotes
Toronto
The crazy part is... blm are mad bc cops assume all black people are criminals.

Yet they want to discriminate and exclude all police... what if there are gay or straight police officers who are not currupt?

This energy should be channeled else where. Towards community development and nuturing family/social life. Thats the long term solution...

The anger only gets your cause noticed. But what happens afterwards?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6635 posts
783 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 6:27 pm
Damage what?. The only ones offended by this are the bigots. Pride knows who is on their side.

This is beyond BLM or Pride. Cops are starting to put pressure on councillors to cut funding because their feelings got hurt. Over a float.

A FLOAT.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. This is one of the pettiest things I have ever seen them do.
If i were a gay cop, or a black cop, never mind a gay black cop, I'd ask for the same. Why should the city support an exclusive organization?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7189 posts
239 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 7:53 pm
If i were a gay cop, or a black cop, never mind a gay black cop, I'd ask for the same.
Pride is an exclusive organization now?. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. Gay people are everywhere. They come in all shapes and sizes.

They simply took out the police float because its offensive to what BLM stands for. Which is the right move. BLM have never hurt the gay community but the cops have.

Their response to this just proves that they are VERY petty and their presence in pride is only for show.

Its funny how pride suddenly became this bad thing just because they chose BLM over TPS.

Just to remind you again. We are talking about a FLOAT.. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. I hope you can see how petty these guys are. A FLOAT. TPS want to show everyone who is in control of the city. I dont even think other cops from other municipality would act this way.. At least I hope not.

I cant believe so much of my property taxes are going to these people.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3749 posts
165 upvotes
Mississauga
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 8:57 pm
Pride is an exclusive organization now?. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. Gay people are everywhere. They come in all shapes and sizes.

They simply took out the police float because its offensive to what BLM stands for. Which is the right move. BLM have never hurt the gay community but the cops have.
BLMTO never hurt the gay community...........except they just completely embarrassed and disrespected them by holding the entire parade hostage just so they could be selfish and get their demands met. Instead of being happy at being invited as honored guests, they chose to spit on the very people who reached out to them and use that event as an opportunity to push their agenda.
Their response to this just proves that they are VERY petty and their presence in pride is only for show.

Just to remind you again. We are talking about a FLOAT.. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. I hope you can see how petty these guys are. A FLOAT. TPS want to show everyone who is in control of the city. I dont even think other cops from other municipality would act this way.. At least I hope not.
I would say BLM are the ones who are petty considering they can't even let a police float to be in the parade that's suppose to be ALL INCLUSIVE. BLM is a POS hate group that is intolerant of anyone who doesn't agree with whatever crap they spew. Its just sad at how much people allow them to get away with in what they're able to say and do when most any other group trying to do the same would've been lambasted for those very same things by our leaders as well as by the public. But hey, its BLM so its completely fine because everyone including our leaders are too much of a pansy to dare criticize them. >_>
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7323 posts
483 upvotes
Sorry but as a gay man, I am on the Toronto Police side and have been very disappointed in Pride for what they have done in regards to BLM.

I see Pride as all inclusive regardless of what has happened. Representation and diversity is what make us, Toronto and Canada stronger and can continue positive change.

Sorry, I am never attending another Pride event until this changes.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3650 posts
456 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 8:00 am
Sorry but as a gay man, I am on the Toronto Police side and have been very disappointed in Pride for what they have done in regards to BLM.

I see Pride as all inclusive regardless of what has happened. Representation and diversity is what make us, Toronto and Canada stronger and can continue positive change.

this is what I hear from people that I know ... also they are very pissed with BLM and (only) disappointed with Pride ...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7323 posts
483 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 8:15 am
this is what I hear from people that I know ... also they are very pissed with BLM and (only) disappointed with Pride ...
I'd say that is me. I wouldn't say I am pissed at BLM though. I just think they are going about it all wrong and I see no reason to support them given how they behave.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
2740 posts
298 upvotes
Ottawa
I find itsadly ironic that BLM says that it is against prejudice, stereotyping, etc. and yet displays animosity towards (all) police officers based on the actions of a small percentage of them.

Of course, we can't oppose BLM's actions because that would be racist, of course.
Mar 1, 2011
384 posts
77 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Pride had no problem with police until BLM came in bullied them and took over their event. So now they want no Police. Fine take away funding and charge them the full Bill for security. Then watch over the next couple of years as BLM backed by the MB fully takes over and then they will kick out the LGBQ themselves.
Jul 30, 2010
931 posts
106 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 8:00 am

That's good to hear. I hope you would be willing to make both of these groups aware of how you feel, especially why you feel that way.
Penalty Box
Apr 30, 2017
75 posts
12 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 12:01 pm
Don't give them permits to host the parade if they're going to use it to promote hate against police.

I do find it funny though that a group in Canada who has largely not been oppressed has used bullying and intimidation to get a group that has been largely oppressed to oppress others. BLM makes sense for the US where there are real problems. In Canada, the group that probably has the biggest problem with police is the aboriginal community and they are forming connections with police instead of excluding them.
But theyre not promoting hate against the police.......
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3216 posts
570 upvotes
London
torontocityboy wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:16 pm
But theyre not promoting hate against the police.......
Just exclusionism
Jun 4, 2016
120 posts
40 upvotes
It's hilarious seeing such an issue because of political correctness. Goes to show what the world has come Lmao
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28240 posts
4205 upvotes
Ottawa
lubmar wrote:
Mar 30th, 2017 8:15 am
I would think you would be pissed at BLM and also be very pissed at Pride for kowtowing to BLM.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?