Shopping Discussion

Prime Outlets - Grove City (Pennsylvania)

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2008 10:29 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 12, 2006
38 posts
Richmond Hill

Prime Outlets - Grove City (Pennsylvania)

Hey guys, planning to make a road trip to the Grove City outlet mall at the end of this week. Has anyone been their recently or can allude to their experiences there at this time of the season? I went there 2 years ago during winter...and deals were awesome...but I dunno how their deals are during spring...as it is start of summer season...so most stuff probably wont be on sale right? I'm primarily looking for summer clothing...but winter clearance stuff may be an option as well. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated...alternate outlet suggestions would be nice too :D

Thanks.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1104 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Isoforce wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 3:20 pm
Hey guys, planning to make a road trip to the Grove City outlet mall at the end of this week. Has anyone been their recently or can allude to their experiences there at this time of the season? I went there 2 years ago during winter...and deals were awesome...but I dunno how their deals are during spring...as it is start of summer season...so most stuff probably wont be on sale right? I'm primarily looking for summer clothing...but winter clearance stuff may be an option as well. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated...alternate outlet suggestions would be nice too :D

Thanks.
I went to the Prime outlets in Grove City a few weeks ago. Ended up spending way more than I wanted to but the deals were too good for me to pass up. Not sure what you're looking for but they had really good deals on clothes, shoes and accessories. Deals on electronics were pretty crappy.

Make sure you buy the coupon book. You can get it from guest services in the food court and costs $7 or $5 for CAA members. They have special coupons for places like BR, Nautica, CK, Timberland, etc that can give you an extra 10-20% off depending on the store. The stuff in the BR and Nautica outlets were crazy cheap compared to here. Got a BR suit for $200 after all the discounts. :)

Left Friday after work from TO and it took about 4 hours. Stayed about an hour away the first night then stayed at the Microtell Inn which is about 15 mins away the next night. Seemed like a majority of the shoppers were from Ontario lol :cheesygri

Since you're not going on a long weekend it shouldn't be too bad at the border. Probably no more than a 10 minute wait to cross either way.
R.I.P. Prodigy
[OP]
Apr 12, 2006
38 posts
Richmond Hill
theinfamous wrote:
Apr 30th, 2008 12:41 am
I went to the Prime outlets in Grove City a few weeks ago. Ended up spending way more than I wanted to but the deals were too good for me to pass up. Not sure what you're looking for but they had really good deals on clothes, shoes and accessories. Deals on electronics were pretty crappy.

Make sure you buy the coupon book. You can get it from guest services in the food court and costs $7 or $5 for CAA members. They have special coupons for places like BR, Nautica, CK, Timberland, etc that can give you an extra 10-20% off depending on the store. The stuff in the BR and Nautica outlets were crazy cheap compared to here. Got a BR suit for $200 after all the discounts. :)

Left Friday after work from TO and it took about 4 hours. Stayed about an hour away the first night then stayed at the Microtell Inn which is about 15 mins away the next night. Seemed like a majority of the shoppers were from Ontario lol :cheesygri

Since you're not going on a long weekend it shouldn't be too bad at the border. Probably no more than a 10 minute wait to cross either way.
Was it busy when u went? Did u look at the surrounding malls as well? My friend said that the malls around Grove werent too bad either. Thanks infamous!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1104 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Isoforce wrote:
Apr 30th, 2008 11:13 am
Was it busy when u went? Did u look at the surrounding malls as well? My friend said that the malls around Grove werent too bad either. Thanks infamous!
Nope it wasn't too busy at all. Didn't have time to look at any of the surrounding malls though. The prime outlets actually took up all our time both days lol.

Oh and here's what I can remember about the extra discounts from the coupon booklet I mentioned earlier..

$15 off any purchase over $75 from Timberland outlet
20% off any single item from CK outlet
10% off any purchase over $100 from Nautica
$25 off $250 from polo
20% off any purchase over $100 or $200 from BR..I think it was over $100..
Rockport - B1G1 or buy 2 get the third pair of shoes free
R.I.P. Prodigy
May 12, 2006
84 posts
3 upvotes
I might be heading down there in August. Is there anything else to do around, other than shop??? Any recommended restaurants, hotels or things to do in the evening?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1030 posts
18 upvotes
Isoforce wrote:
Apr 29th, 2008 3:20 pm

Thanks.
I have occassion to go by there frequently and don't even bother to stop anymore. The place has gone downhill. All of the higher end places have closed except for Brooks Brothers and now they just have mostly junk clothing. Like most outlet malls, they are no longer the deals that they once were - their prices are higher than sale prices in town. With gasoline prices what they are, a trip down there just to shop would be wasted money. But if you do go, check their website, as they tell you who is having a sale and offer a few deals.

As far as anything to else to do, there isn't unless you want to drive the 1.25 hours down to pittsburgh.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2001
4791 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Save your money and don't bother buying any coupon books from the outlet.

Go directly to Prime Outlets website and directly printout all the stores coupon gratis. Most of the time, store special plus online coupon are way better.

Oh, make sure to sign up for the mailing list so that you can qualify for the Club 1 card for further discount.

If you spent anytime short of a day, I suggest you plan ahead and decide which stores to shop from first to last.
Mark77 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2011 9:37 pm
That's not very nice....and you're missing out on a lot of valuable knowledge if you ignore me. Your loss.