Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Prime Video

STACKTV $12.99 12 Channels (Food Network, HGTV, YTV, TREEHOUSE, ETC) 1 Month Free on Prime Video

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2019 7:38 am
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2923 posts
2340 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: I currently have Alt TV basic (14.95) and crave is included in my services. If you want movies + HBO then it's $10

https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-Alt-TV

Under the basic Alt TV package, youll see the Crave logo.

Caution: if you sign up and they offer you movie packages for 2 months free, you can't cancel Alt TV before the 2 month movie trial ends without getting a "clawback" for the free promos. It's so stupid.
What channels comes with the base package? Just local OTA + CPAC + Legislative Assembly channel + APTN + weather network + AMI + a few french channels?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
kavmac wrote: Three streams per Prime Video account, two streams of the same video at one time.
Is that for Prime Videos in Canada or does it also apply in the US?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
Ctrl-Z wrote: If this was an actual available deal, I would be on it in a minute. It's not of course, to get it you would need the Shaw "Small TV" package for $60 month.
believe what you want I dont care. I dont pay $60 and I have tsn and sportsnet.
May 16, 2015
276 posts
239 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Is there a Canadian App for IPhone for this? So we can watch this on the phone.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Kurtz7834 wrote: The Canadian telecoms own all the network infrastructure and no way can the local governments and municipalities afford to lay down their own fiber lines. They have enough trouble providing essential services, repairing roads etc. as is. The government would have to expropriate the telecom networks which would be a huge, costly legal fight.

A better solution is just for the government to pass legislation EITHER regulating prices OR opening access to the cell towers and fiber networks to foreign competition. You can bet that the Canadian telecoms would cry up a sh*tstorm over either scenario. They have a ton of political influence unfortunately.
No, the best thing would be to break them up into separate companies: one entity can be the dumb pipe providers and the other can compete on selling content. They did this in the UK and it's been very successful. It makes absolutely no sense to allow a company to own the infrastructure, access to the infrastructure and all the content provisions. It's a recipe for anti-competitive behaviour.

Anyways, does anyone remember the promise of cutting the chord allowing you to pick your content and save money? Now it seems like it is all being fractured and you have to subscribe to a dozen services to get what you want. I might give this a look as my in-laws are coming to visit in July and they love HGTV, Food Network and National Geographic.
Sep 27, 2012
62 posts
54 upvotes
Ottawa
pmcd wrote: Is that for Prime Videos in Canada or does it also apply in the US?
I imagine it applies both sides of the border... they don't differentiate here, and cover all of the video types from Prime Video.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
kavmac wrote: I imagine it applies both sides of the border... they don't differentiate here, and cover all of the video types from Prime Video.
Would you by chance have a link where it says three simulataneous streams are allowed, as long as they aren’t the same videos?
Sep 27, 2012
62 posts
54 upvotes
Ottawa
pmcd wrote: Would you by chance have a link where it says three simulataneous streams are allowed, as long as they aren’t the same videos?
click where it says here in the previous post :)
Sep 27, 2012
62 posts
54 upvotes
Ottawa
RSQUAREDK wrote: Is there a Canadian App for IPhone for this? So we can watch this on the phone.
yes, it's the Prime Video app.
Feb 4, 2012
140 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
pmcd wrote: No guide, unreliable and probably illegal.
Its like watching you tube fully legal and yes they have a guide.
5 dollar a month do the math... all channels all movies all TV serials

Whats not there to watch
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2923 posts
2340 upvotes
karnige wrote: believe what you want I dont care. I dont pay $60 and I have tsn and sportsnet.
Don't quote him! Quote my post! And tell us! Share with us! How did you get this offer? DId you have other services already with Shaw? Are you on an agreement? How long is this offer? Who did you speak to? Did you have to haggle? What was your initial goal?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
fulladdict wrote: Its like watching you tube fully legal and yes they have a guide.
5 dollar a month do the math... all channels all movies all TV serials

Whats not there to watch
Are we talking about the grey area iptv services? They are of questionable legality and none of them have reliable guides. $5 USD/month says it all ... YouTube does have some copyright issues, but Google at least makes an effort to get rid of them. Not endorsing YouTube, as they have other problems, but they are hardly illegal.
Nov 21, 2006
86 posts
16 upvotes
Winnipeg
Kurtz7834 wrote: Amazon video service will never be a good experience on a Chromecast. The two companies are in a to-the-death competition.

Just buy a 4K fire stick , often on sale for 55 bucks and you get a remote included. You can also use a game console.
or a roku. both netflix and amazon prime work well in canada with no problems...well the amazon app for some reason wants to give me sub titles in another language other than english for some odd reason, but the app itself is quite cool! it gives you info about the actors/etc..
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1784 posts
775 upvotes
id rather get this and dazn vs going to telus.
sorry but the big 3 have lost my confidence and for that, id do anything to give my dollar to someone else.
are we there yet?
Oct 18, 2017
20 posts
112 upvotes
Disappointed that no news channels are offered. It seems that more and more services (HBO, TSN, Sportstnet, etc.) are available through their own apps, but most of the news networks (except for CBC) haven't followed suit.
Dec 19, 2008
132 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
Is the channel content shown on the Prime Channels only a sample listing of the programming available, or is that everything? Seems like some channels don't have much to offer, at least not enough to justify the price.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1206 posts
529 upvotes
Pickering, ON
I don't know why TV are not delivered for Free when they make most of their money from advertisements. Either via IPTV or OTA.