Expired Group Deals

(primecables.ca) Duo Deal $14.99 Height adjustable Metal Satellite Speaker Floor Stand Set of Two

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2018 11:14 am
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
KiraSensei wrote: Should be posted under Group Deals: group-deals-f124/
Last time I visited that forum was back in 2007. I would've never found out about this if OP didn't post it here.
Apr 26, 2005
139 posts
437 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought these stands a month ago to hold my Logitech z906 speakers, definitely can't complain due to the price but here are my observations from setting them up:

1) Speaker wire 16 gauge should be fine to push through, but I had 14 gauge and it was a bit tricky getting it through. Depending on your speakers, you can send it all the way up to the other end and out, or there is a small hole that comes out from the side. It's a bit tricky get it out of that side hole, I had to use a combination of needle nose pliers and screwdriver. But now that I think about it, maybe you can do it the other way and just insert the wire through the hole and down to the base and then just cut to suit. Just remove the bit of metal that is left there from the hole punch
2) The mount that attaches to your speaker and the stand is made of plastic. A tiny set screw is used to secure it to the stand, don't over tighten it, the screw head will just snap off. It really doesn't take that much force.
3) The provided screws to attach the speaker to the mount didn't fit my z906, perhaps this is just a Logitech thing, that it isn't a standard size. A quick trip to hardware store and you can get the right size, it's slightly bigger and that causes an issue with the speaker mount. Instead of mounting it through the intended hole for the screw, I had to use the hole that was intended for the speaker wire.
4) The base is weighted but it feels like you could knock it over fairly easily, so far that hasn't happened. But I can see that stability may be an issue for speakers larger/heavier than the z906 speakers.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
I bought these from monoprice many years ago. They definitely get “top heavy” once the speaker is installed. If a kid comes and bumps into it, it will likely fall. Especially if you have it at full height.

The base is also bare metal so it will scratch your floors if you’re not careful. Felt or rubber feet are also ineffective because the base curves down so it’s literally the edge of the metal contacting the floor so stickers won’t rest flat against the floor. my ghetto solution is to wrap electrical tape over the corner.

But for something that blends into the background, cheap, and still works well, this is a good stand.