Primecables Cellphone Magnetic Car Mount $4.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$4.99
Savings:
61% off
Retailer:
Primecables.ca
This car mount seems to be pretty good. I've been using the caseco one for the past few years. Replacing the 3m tape whenever I switch phones or case was quite costly. This comes with the whole kit. Shipping is $5.95. I bought two and it came to $16.
Thread Summary
Free shipping code: PCfs24
46 replies
Sep 4, 2016
85 posts
72 upvotes
I have one and it works well but the metal that goes on your phone interferes with wireless chargers if you have one
Oct 3, 2012
753 posts
184 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks. I purchased one of those "hook" things from the Dollar Rama. Within 30 minutes, my cell phone was on the floor. The problem is the 3-M tape on the back of the phone simply did not hold onto the phone as we went across the rigours of driving in the snow... It seems pretty risky to risk a $1000 phone on small piece of 3-M tape.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1835 posts
263 upvotes
id rather have that 4$ dollarama vent mount one! its not sold anymore there? i forgot the name brand of it! i thought it was great for holding my big nexus 6 inch phone! i have this one also by primecables but have yet to install...i don't like that look on the dash where u have to stick that round base...kinda looks ugly imo

this is the new monoprice cdn store! not sure if freeshipping10 code works anymore...new accounts only?
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Nov 28, 2010
280 posts
52 upvotes
just FYI. I've been using this mount in all of my vehicles and only have good things to say about it. I have pretty massive phones Pixel 2 XL and Oneplus 3T and this mount has never dropped a phone.

Actually, with the usb cord plugged in I have already catched the usb cord and the phone dropped but that was my fault.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1163 posts
100 upvotes
Brampton
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:57 am
id rather have that 4$ dollarama vent mount one! its not sold anymore there? i forgot the name brand of it! i thought it was great for holding my big nexus 6 inch phone! i have this one also by primecables but have yet to install...i don't like that look on the dash where u have to stick that round base...kinda looks ugly imo

this is the new monoprice cdn store! not sure if freeshipping10 code works anymore...new accounts only?
I bought a couple of the Dollaramma ones around Christmas time and was impressed. I never thought these magnet mounts would work well, but they are slick. The only thing is I had to add a couple drops of a stronger glue because heat coming out of the vent was releasing the included adhesive (my phone back is slightly curved, so that was part of the problem too).
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3294 posts
405 upvotes
Wat
I have this mount and put the metal piece inside my phone case and it doesn't work well. It will stick but a slight bump and my phone comes crashing down. I'm not sure if others are experiencing the same thing.
Aug 25, 2012
12 posts
13 upvotes
MONTR
Primecables also have a pack of 5 for $24.69 (without tax and shipping).

The pack of 5 was 17.99 with free shipping on October 12, 2017 and $16.99 on November 23, 2017 and Costco had a similar pack for $18 or $19 +tax.
May 2, 2008
42 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
I got a couple of these for my cars and showed them to some of my co-workers and they all loved it, asked me to order 5 so far for them.
It's very small and personally I think and looks much nicer than most of other mounts I've seen.
patapoufoupatof wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:53 am
Primecables also have a pack of 5 for $24.69 (without tax and shipping).
I believe the pack of 5 comes with only 5 discs (to stick to the cell phone) while the single packs come with 2 discs each.
Nov 6, 2013
191 posts
48 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
slitcher wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:36 am
just FYI. I've been using this mount in all of my vehicles and only have good things to say about it. I have pretty massive phones Pixel 2 XL and Oneplus 3T and this mount has never dropped a phone.

Actually, with the usb cord plugged in I have already catched the usb cord and the phone dropped but that was my fault.
I bought the family pack of these a while ago but haven't used it. Could you say whether the regular size circular magnet (behind a case, say) is strong enough to hold the Pixel 2XL?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
2748 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Wiseman wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:34 am
I have this mount and put the metal piece inside my phone case and it doesn't work well. It will stick but a slight bump and my phone comes crashing down. I'm not sure if others are experiencing the same thing.
Put the metal piece outside of phone. Your case is probably too thick.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1194 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton
yeah this works very well it held my s8+ with massive spigen case. thanks for reminding me , i switched cases and have to put a new magnet on!
Heatware available upon request.
Jun 29, 2010
996 posts
425 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
I had to take the phone case off or else the magnet isn't strong enough to stick.
Nov 28, 2010
280 posts
52 upvotes
Diakonos wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:13 am
I bought the family pack of these a while ago but haven't used it. Could you say whether the regular size circular magnet (behind a case, say) is strong enough to hold the Pixel 2XL?
It is. I stuck it outside of my case and it holds it just fine. I am not 100 % sure if it would hold it if you would have stuck the metal plate inside the case but outside sure is fine.
Nov 28, 2010
280 posts
52 upvotes
DPyro wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:34 am
I had to take the phone case off or else the magnet isn't strong enough to stick.
stick the metal token outide of the case. Not the best aesthetics I reckon but functions real well