Expired Hot Deals

[Primecables.ca] Primecables Cellphone Magnetic Car Mount $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2018 2:50 pm
Jun 7, 2010
198 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Have these in both cars, iphone 7 plus and note 8 both in cases with the metal disc on outside work awesome. Really cuts down the need to touch your phone with the maps running and bluetooth handsfree on.
Dec 14, 2017
245 posts
494 upvotes
It works best when you have the magnet outside of the case, I also bought it for the same price when they had the free shipping promo.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2647 posts
1248 upvotes
Calgary
bought a kit with 5 of these magnet thingies a few months back. stuck em on the study desk, near the lazyboy, nightstand, car dash with 1 left over. honestly, I think it works great & makes it so much more convenient to place the phone.
Wiseman wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:34 am
I have this mount and put the metal piece inside my phone case and it doesn't work well. It will stick but a slight bump and my phone comes crashing down. I'm not sure if others are experiencing the same thing.
I did the same but mine works quite decently in the house but not the best in the car due to the constant movement. best to stick the metal plate on the outside of the case & I can almost guarantee it wont fall off.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3583 posts
481 upvotes
Wat
Yeah I don't really like the aesthetics of the metal disc on the outside. I wonder if a thicker metal disc would help.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2647 posts
1248 upvotes
Calgary
Wiseman wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:15 pm
Yeah I don't really like the aesthetics of the metal disc on the outside. I wonder if a thicker metal disc would help.
no it wont but a stronger magnet mite work but not so practical unless one has access to much stronger magnets & a machine shop to fashion it with the correct dimensions. the thickness of the case will also affect the the space gap btwn metal disk & magnet. what might work is if one places it flat on top rather than at an extreme low angle or if one is using it as a gps, perhaps angling it so the bottom rests on the dash might work as the weight of the phone is not all on the magnet.
Sep 26, 2005
77 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Bought 2 thanks! Hope this works well as advertised
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8131 posts
1402 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Dmichel99 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:22 am
I have one and it works well but the metal that goes on your phone interferes with wireless chargers if you have one
Also mess up the compass, so unless you're moving, it won't point at the right direction
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2036 posts
638 upvotes
Edmonton
dnyc wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 4:19 am
This car mount seems to be pretty good. I've been using the caseco one for the past few years. Replacing the 3m tape whenever I switch phones or case was quite costly. This comes with the whole kit. Shipping is $5.95. I bought two and it came to $16.
From Prime Cables site:
Special Offer!

Get One Free Gift with Purchase over $29!
Jun 21, 2008
83 posts
38 upvotes
North Vancouver
I have a Nexus 6 also and ordered this just recently. Hasn't arrived yet but after reading comment realize the curve back might be problem.
I'll check out dollarama for the vent one.
Mar 29, 2010
220 posts
76 upvotes
Great little product. I've got my whole office using these. Very handy and works with every phone/case we've tried so far. Good price. If you have multiple phones opt for the family pack. Worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1467 posts
719 upvotes
Montreal, QC
FYI, $4.99 is the regular price for this on primecables.
Having said that, I bought one a few weeks ago, and it is awesome. Not even close to the one from dollarama which are probably using imitation 3M tape.
I installed it in my car when it was -20C outside, and it is still holding strong, and my phone is on the heavy side (Blu R1 Plus, with an ArmourFlex case). And it holds perfectly.
I used an alcohol swab to clean the dash surface, let it dry, then pealed the sticker and stuck it, and left it 24hrs before using it. The magnets are very strong.

I only bought a single unit, because I was skeptical about how well it would work. Now I am sold. I will probably get the 5 pack when it goes on sale again and install one in all 3 cars and even install one in my garage for when I am working on various projects.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1130 posts
301 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I was thinking about it. And while 3-M tape is not the best solution, it is probably better than a suction cup solution. Probably the issue with the dollar store hooks is they don't come with pads to clean the surface, and I didn't even think about needing to do so.

Now, the main concern I have is the wireless charging. Is there a way I can stick the metal on the back of my phone and still have the wireless charging work? If not, I saw in the video the person suggest you stick the medal in a slot intended for a credit card, which will work, but require buying a new phone case.
Jun 10, 2015
563 posts
214 upvotes
seafish wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:44 am
Now you can get it today with free shipping. Great deal
x"123shipfree" This coupon is exclusive to new register customers for 123inkcartridges with minimum purchases of $19.99. Coupon code does not apply to OEM, on sale, low profit and clearance items.

Edit: CODE "PCfs24" works
Last edited by vanlinda on Jan 12th, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1130 posts
301 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
vanlinda wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:56 am
x"123shipfree" This coupon is exclusive to new register customers for 123inkcartridges with minimum purchases of $19.99. Coupon code does not apply to OEM, on sale, low profit and clearance items.
There is a 24 hour free shipping promotion: PCfs24