[Primecables.ca] Primecables Cellphone Magnetic Car Mount $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2018 2:50 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1271 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
I have one of this I've got from local Chinese gift-shop for around $6, works very well. Just you may want to use a different adhesive to the Dashboard other than the one that comes with. Never dropped once.
torontodragon
All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured
Jan 30, 2006
258 posts
52 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
facebook259 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:44 am
Thanks. I purchased one of those "hook" things from the Dollar Rama. Within 30 minutes, my cell phone was on the floor. The problem is the 3-M tape on the back of the phone simply did not hold onto the phone as we went across the rigours of driving in the snow... It seems pretty risky to risk a $1000 phone on small piece of 3-M tape.
same here, i got one relative expensive , the magnet is strong, just the 3m tape isn't strong enough .
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1000 posts
276 upvotes
Hamilton
Ordered two. If I am really lucky, the magnets can connect to the dollar rama phone hooks. If so, I can simply fold the hook out of the way for wireless charging, and continue to use the hooks where I have installed them and they are working well.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1000 posts
276 upvotes
Hamilton
facebook259 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:35 am
Ordered two. If I am really lucky, the magnets can connect to the dollar rama phone hooks. If so, I can simply fold the hook out of the way for wireless charging, and continue to use the hooks where I have installed them and they are working well.
Nope. No luck. The hooks are non-magnetic. So I'll have to either get innovative on ways to combine these two products, or choice which one I'm going to use. I think the magnetic stands are a more stable solution, so if I have to choice, that is what I will go with.
Dec 23, 2012
165 posts
32 upvotes
Brampton
PrimeCables sitewide free shipping for 24 hours
Free Shipping Code: PCFS24 [Expires Jan 13th @ 10 am]
Tangerine | MyMallBox | Koodo $41 - 4GB+1000 International Mins.
Dec 23, 2012
165 posts
32 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks OP. ordered one car mount and $0.99 gaming mouse pad.
Mouse Pad 320mmx240mmx3mm $0.99

Free Shipping [PCFS24] + ebates CB 2.5%
Images
  • PC.PNG
Tangerine | MyMallBox | Koodo $41 - 4GB+1000 International Mins.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3024 posts
271 upvotes
CALGARY
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:57 am
id rather have that 4$ dollarama vent mount one! its not sold anymore there? i forgot the name brand of it! i thought it was great for holding my big nexus 6 inch phone! i have this one also by primecables but have yet to install...i don't like that look on the dash where u have to stick that round base...kinda looks ugly imo

this is the new monoprice cdn store! not sure if freeshipping10 code works anymore...new accounts only?
I have the same one, and it's grip is very good. Only thing that worries me, is heat coming out of vent - it heats up the phone - I hope it doesn't effect the phone negatively.
  • To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
  • A sign of a person’s evil is his need to constantly argue.
Nov 4, 2016
386 posts
233 upvotes
Is this one better than that $4 Dollarama air vent Magnetic Car Mount?

*edit NVM answered by the post before mine.
Oct 18, 2016
338 posts
487 upvotes
I purchased one for each car during the Christmas free shipping. They are great and haven't had any issues. Plus side is you can mount to whereever you want and not be in the heat of the vents. I use a piece of tape to stick the metal plate to the backside of the phone between the phone case. (so i can reuse it for the next phone)
Feb 2, 2010
225 posts
50 upvotes
Cambridge
I bought one of these a few months ago and had the same issue with my case being too thick. I purchased a thinner one and so far it's been working beautifully. Purchased 3 more. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1000 posts
276 upvotes
Hamilton
CCHIPSS wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:46 pm
Is this one better than that $4 Dollarama air vent Magnetic Car Mount?

*edit NVM answered by the post before mine.
I have never been in a car where the vent mounts work... For Toyotas, none of the vents are where I would want to mount a phone, and when I've tried a vent mount, I find the vent just twists a bit as you move and eventually the mounts fall off. I regularly rent cars on business trips, but again, I've never scene one where I thought this is a perfect place for a phone. I have seen a few uber drivers using them. But typically they'll have one phone they are using for the GPS mounted a different way. And the one on the vent is probably just for taking blue tooth calls, as I can't see how they could look at the screens while driving.

Then of course there is the heating cooling issue. Do you really want blow HOT or WET air onto your phone constantly?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2979 posts
457 upvotes
damn reading bout the venting ones where it blows hot air into phone(i dont do long car trips)...as for asthetics i just think it looks better in my car(vent ones) rather then these primcable stickons , i have a 2012 honda civic sedan
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers gigabit VIP using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18750 posts
1163 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 7:57 am
id rather have that 4$ dollarama vent mount one! its not sold anymore there? i forgot the name brand of it
I just saw it last week so at least some Dollaramas around still have it.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Nov 4, 2016
386 posts
233 upvotes
facebook259 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:05 pm
I have never been in a car where the vent mounts work... For Toyotas, none of the vents are where I would want to mount a phone, and when I've tried a vent mount, I find the vent just twists a bit as you move and eventually the mounts fall off. I regularly rent cars on business trips, but again, I've never scene one where I thought this is a perfect place for a phone. I have seen a few uber drivers using them. But typically they'll have one phone they are using for the GPS mounted a different way. And the one on the vent is probably just for taking blue tooth calls, as I can't see how they could look at the screens while driving.

Then of course there is the heating cooling issue. Do you really want blow HOT or WET air onto your phone constantly?
My car allows me to turn off the vent on the side, so I won't be blowing hot air onto my phone.

I actually already have a mount on my air vent. But it is clamped and not magnetic.