[Primecables.ca] $19.99 Premium Headphones Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro

[OP]
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
171 posts
269 upvotes
Montreal

[Primecables.ca] $19.99 Premium Headphones Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro

This headphone comes with mic, looks quite comfortable, until tomorrow 10 am. they have free shipping with code: PCFS24.
Has anyone tried this? Not sure the quality of this product.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1056 posts
670 upvotes
Montreal
Most likely better than the $4 ones at Dollarama but that's like burnt food is better than poo.
Oct 19, 2012
159 posts
75 upvotes
Montr
These are monoprice 8323s. Sound is decent, pain is unbearable
Jul 4, 2018
211 posts
131 upvotes
hailey21 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 12:39 pm
These are monoprice 8323s. Sound is decent, pain is unbearable
Pain? Can you elaborate? Is it only good to wear for only short period of time? < 20mins?
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7537 posts
1436 upvotes
Lots of review on these 8323, they are considered one of the best budget headphones, originally was made under Kickers brand so they are decent and a steal for the price. Therefore, they shouldn’t be compared to dollar store phones.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Oct 19, 2012
159 posts
75 upvotes
Montr
Unresphek wrote:
Jul 27th, 2018 1:05 pm
Pain? Can you elaborate? Is it only good to wear for only short period of time? < 20mins?
They really hurt the top of the head and ears after about an hour
Nov 21, 2012
494 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
They are indeed the same as the 8323, just branded with the prime cables logo.

The sound quality of the 8323 is decent considering the price. They really put to shame some of the more expensive headphones and that's why it's popular among audiophiles as a great budget headphone. Overall, it delivers a balanced sound signature -- maybe a little bit of an extra kick in the low end to give a warmer feeling, excellent mids, and okay highs (you can't expect everything at this price point, the Monoprice 8323s typically go for $15.99 USD).

Despite sounding good, the biggest issue with these headphones has always been comfort. The folks who enjoy the sound signature end up modding them for comfort. The first thing that gets recommended is to change the earpads, which makes a big difference.

The Brainwavz HM5 Oval Earpads seem to be the go-to earpads for this headphone (see https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... B00MFDT894 for pics). The irony is the pads cost about the same as the headphones themselves when on sale, but it's a worthy upgrade for comfort.
Jul 23, 2006
399 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
sound quality of the 8323 Is bad, I have one, why so many people think its sound good?
Nov 21, 2012
494 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone hears differently and it really depends on what type of sound signature you're looking for.

Audiophiles typically prefer a more neutral/flat sound signature while the average consumer lean towards headphones with more bass.

The 8323s are considered flat sounding, so I suspect that anyone who has a preference for more power in the low end will be disappointed. Also, the stock pads have been reported to dampen the treble a bit in addition to being hard/uncomfortable.
May 31, 2005
661 posts
190 upvotes
googlebot wrote: sound quality of the 8323 Is bad, I have one, why so many people think its sound good?
I agree absolutely. I bought a pair years ago due to
some glowing reviews. They are objectively awful. I use mine as head warmers in the winter and that’s it. I suspect a lot of people are commenting without ever buying these.
Nov 21, 2012
494 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto
To simply say it's "bad" or "awful" isn't a whole lot to go on and doesn't add much to the thread. Try to be more specific to help readers understand why they might not be good.

If you're a basshead, then yeah, you're probably not going to like these headphones.