Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

$19.99 Premium Headphones Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro

Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2006
1342 posts
7243 upvotes
Outside Poker Flat
BritishColumbian wrote: Do you think there is a way to put the 8323's on the head putting less stress on the easy to break area? If so which area should we touch?
My best guess would be to never put them on and off by holding the earcups, but rather grabbing the headband and gently widening it just enough to put them on and off. They may have foreseen people doing this by their third pair and engineered a failure mode in the middle of the headband as well.

The good news is that a lot of the people who bought Sennheisers in the most recent RFD headphone "sale" will pay more for a proprietary replacement cable in 6 months than you paid for these. Good luck!
Amazon.ca HOT! 14% Off Gloopnr (Chinese kwyjibo brand) DDR3 1066MHz CL10 SODIMM w/ Swarovski crystal-encrusted 14K gold heat shields $309.59 ATL! -- Typical RFD Hot Deal in 2024.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
eunoia wrote: My best guess would be to never put them on and off by holding the earcups, but rather grabbing the headband and gently widening it just enough to put them on and off. They may have foreseen people doing this by their third pair and engineered a failure mode in the middle of the headband as well.
Lol. I was putting them on and off with the earcups because I thought the breakpoint was the swivel part but I guess it doesn't matter. I was thinking moving the headband would be better as you suggested. But you're right, the headband is in three pieces which is not normal. Most headbands are only in one piece so maybe you're right and they might be trying to create an easy breakpoint?

I'll start moving the headband to put them on and off and nothing else. I guess we'll see if there is some new breakpoint in the middle.

How long did your pair last? This whole headphone thing breaking easily is surprising to me because I've never had a pair of headphones break and I've been listening to portable audio for 25 years (off and on).