Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

720p Security IP cameras 2 pack 37.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2018 8:28 am
Dec 5, 2011
46 posts
72 upvotes
London

[Primecables.ca] 720p Security IP cameras 2 pack 37.99

I have 5 of these now as this is the first summer my kids are home for summer without a sitter,and we like to know whats going on while were away. Was originally going to purchase the "nestcam" but these suit our needs and at this price, we can have coverage throughout the house.I believe I originally paid over $30 for just one cam, so when they went on sale I jumped on it. Quality seems very good and we're happy with them
Last edited by stinkhammer on Aug 6th, 2018 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
57 replies
Feb 13, 2008
606 posts
684 upvotes
Hamilton
Price in the title would be nice.
Aug 21, 2005
245 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
According to the reviews, the app is terrible. I cannot determine if it's possible to install custom firmware and use open protocols to integrate it in an existing system. Could an owner confirm the exact manufacturer / model name-number?
Dec 5, 2011
46 posts
72 upvotes
London
I should mention that I didnt even try to use the "livingwise" app based on reviews. I use the original "homemate" app and it works good. First camera I bought was an orbivo-the ones I recently purchased are labelled "livingwise", but they are identical. So Im assuming these are orbivo cameras rebranded to livingwise.Model number is Orbivo SC10W
Aug 21, 2005
245 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
stinkhammer wrote: First camera I bought was an orbivo-the ones I recently purchased are labelled "livingwise", but they are identical. So Im assuming these are orbivo cameras rebranded to livingwise.Model number is Orbivo SC10W
Thanks, that's very helpful for me. I think it's "OrVIbo" though :)
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
2173 posts
883 upvotes
Can anyone recommend a decent outdoor wifi camera that's reasonably priced? Ideally I would need 2.
Feb 20, 2018
122 posts
459 upvotes
Wyze cam, its the best on my opinion. I have 5 of them and i am using tinycam monitor and not the default app.
Jan 17, 2008
250 posts
24 upvotes
Would these be good to watch my driveway and front door?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Thank you, OP.

Double thank you for the lack of DuoDealCancer.

I have an outdoor surveillance being used indoor, I'll swap it out for one of these two and mount that cam in the back 'yard' area of my commercial site.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
konsensei wrote: what else to buy to get fs?
primecable in the past had new account free shipping for orders > $10. Not sure if that still exist but that could be an option. Otherwise you could look for some cheap cables since a lot of their cables (if not all) have lifetime warranty (and they actually do respond if you contact them). Of course their USB cables (that go on sale for $.99 or so) have a constant stream of people complaining about dead cables after a few months so maybe avoid usb cables/micro. Pretty much all my Ethernet cable are from them (cat 6e and 7), none of them had any issues with some dating back to ~2012 or so.
Dec 5, 2011
46 posts
72 upvotes
London
I have one camera inside in window sill overlooking both my deck and pool. Think it would work for driveway too as long as its inside
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
second2none wrote: Can anyone recommend a decent outdoor wifi camera that's reasonably priced? Ideally I would need 2.
Why the WiFi ? Even if they cameras are wifi, you still need to get power to them anyhow :) For that reason alone, I just opted for some PoE cameras, so instead of running a power cable to them, I just run an ethernet cable from a PoE switch (you can also use PoE injectors). That way data is rock solid, and not worried about dropped signals.
My first camera was a cheap 3MP Amcrest dome. It was OK. Nothing fancy, but it fit the bill and already survived one winter without a glitch. I now have 2 additional 4MP cameras (which I need to install in the coming weeks). This time I picked up a pair of Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I cameras. One with a 2.8mm lens, and the other with a 4mm lens. Be careful with the Hikvision cameras, since there are too many chinese imports which are not for north american market, and you will get zero support, and can't flash newer firmware. Get them from a reputable dealer. I tested one, in place of the Amcrest, and it is an improvement.

This is the Wifi version of the amcrest camera I have. I don't know about it's wifi performance, but picture quality is decent. And it is fully compatible with my Synology Surveillance station. And it won't break the bank. Had some bad reviews when I got it, and was skeptical, but since I got from amazon (fulfilled by amazon), I figured if it was so crappy, I'd just return it. But image quality was acceptable (day and night).
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2006
1124 posts
50 upvotes
icecoldman wrote: Wyze cam, its the best on my opinion. I have 5 of them and i am using tinycam monitor and not the default app.
can't find the app you're mentioning. have a link?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
1974 posts
156 upvotes
British Columbia
Dont forget to use ebates
[external advertising link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
icecoldman wrote: Wyze cam, its the best on my opinion. I have 5 of them and i am using tinycam monitor and not the default app.
If you lose internet connection (isp down) but you're still connected to your home wifi router, can you still use the TinyCam app to view the live video through your home network or does the Wyzecam still need an internet connection (not just network connection)?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
second2none wrote: Can anyone recommend a decent outdoor wifi camera that's reasonably priced? Ideally I would need 2.
Amcrest cameras.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)