Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

Orvibo ZigBee Smart In-Wall ON/OFF Switch (120VAC/10A) - 1/Pack

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 7:50 am
Dec 26, 2010
630 posts
168 upvotes
SW Ontario

[Primecables.ca] Orvibo ZigBee Smart In-Wall ON/OFF Switch (120VAC/10A) - 1/Pack

Pretty cheap. Works with smartthings per some reviews. It serves as a zigbee repeater so extends your network and lower battery usage.
There is also free shipping today for Canada day.
81 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
I saw that earlier last week but you beat me to the post, I thought about it but then again I would not risk a no name brand for my electrical.
On Smartthings.com, the review says it will randomly turn off - https://community.smartthings.com/t/orv ... 10w1/88034

Cheap but I think I'll pass.
Last edited by yhap2003 on Jul 1st, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone have these? Do they require a neutral wire?
This is a phenomenal price! (Though I kinda wish they were Z-Wave)
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
Amazing price indeed

I have 2 and can confirm that they randomly turn off. These are not officially supported by SmartThings. They work using a generic device handler. If I had to do it again, I'd get some GE switches instead.
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Great price!
Apr 17, 2001
387 posts
290 upvotes
thanks.. bought two to try. Needed a cheap one to turn off the powder room exhaust fan. Don't really care if it randomly turns off (as long as it doesn't randomly turns on :) )
Jan 14, 2011
84 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks OP, bought 4 switches, fingers crossed they work ok. I have 1 GE switch but I'm sick of waiting for it to go back on sale so that I can buy more.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
garce wrote: Pretty cheap. Works with smartthings per some reviews. It serves as a zigbee repeater so extends your network and lower battery usage.
There is also free shipping today for Canada day.
For that price I grabbed two for outdoor lights, Thanks.

mp
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2013
1046 posts
1308 upvotes
Ontario
"Note:

This switch must pair with the Smart Zigbee Hub which sells separately in order to use the smart function."

New to home automation here. So I need to buy the hub as well to make any use of this?
Aug 11, 2009
202 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
In for two. I hope the need for Smart Zigbee Hub is false alarm.

I can find the switch from the device list in the App. So I think it can be paired with App to use smart functions.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2013
1481 posts
3224 upvotes
Scarborough
kevindepp wrote: In for two. I hope the need for Smart Zigbee Hub is false alarm.

I can find the switch from the device list in the App. So I think it can be paired with App to use smart functions.
This is similar to any other zigbee products. It connects to your phone through the use of a zigbee hub.
💡
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
RoseTech wrote: "Note:

This switch must pair with the Smart Zigbee Hub which sells separately in order to use the smart function."

New to home automation here. So I need to buy the hub as well to make any use of this?
Most RFDers would recommend a SmartThings hub to get you started on home automation. These switches need a hub that supports the ZigBee protocol (like SmartThings) and the description from the manufacturer recommends their own-brand hub.

These will not work without a hub, like the WiFi switches you might find.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
Can anyone who has installed these tell me if they require a neutral wire to work? (I would suspect so, but confirmation would be nice)

I've been unable to find the instruction/installation manual for this device online.
Nov 8, 2012
442 posts
512 upvotes
Burlington, ON
dhomas wrote: Can anyone who has installed these tell me if they require a neutral wire to work? (I would suspect so, but confirmation would be nice)

I've been unable to find the instruction/installation manual for this device online.
Yes they would require a neutral wire. All powered smart devices require a neutral wire, only exception being Lutron Caseta line.
Oct 27, 2009
219 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto, ON, Canada
Are you able to dim the lights via app?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
dhomas wrote: Most RFDers would recommend a SmartThings hub to get you started on home automation. These switches need a hub that supports the ZigBee protocol (like SmartThings) and the description from the manufacturer recommends their own-brand hub.

These will not work without a hub, like the WiFi switches you might find.
Almond router/smart hub uses Zigbee as well.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
maniac2403 wrote: Yes they would require a neutral wire. All powered smart devices require a neutral wire, only exception being Lutron Caseta line.
Thanks for the info. I'd heard the Caseta didn't require a neutral, but it's quite expensive. I was hoping for an alternative. Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1670 posts
1187 upvotes
ottawa
Thanks OP, looks like free returns if they really suck, worth a shot to test them. Buy 2 and get free shipping + free gift as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
RoseTech wrote: "Note:

Wink hubs work for these. I actually have a BNIB Wink 1 hub if you need it for cost, I got it for 30 all in.

MP