Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

Prime cables 6.5" 2 way book shelf speakers $49.99-pair + free shipping

Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE

[Primecables.ca] Prime cables 6.5" 2 way book shelf speakers $49.99-pair + free shipping

No idea how the sound but look good, the price is good and the shipping is free.
Might be a good choice for surround or atmos setups on a budget.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2505 upvotes
BC
Pretty sure these are the same as the Dayton B652, you should find lots of reviews for those around the internet.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
If I wanted to hook it up to a desktop or cheap TV, how would I do that ?
Last edited by aquariaguy on Dec 28th, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Nov 6, 2013
709 posts
494 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote: If I wanted to hook it up to a desktop, how would I do that ?
You would need an amp, there is a video on the product page near the bottom.
Oct 14, 2012
434 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
Kwirky wrote: Pretty sure these are the same as the Dayton B652, you should find lots of reviews for those around the internet.
They made a budget re-brand of a budget brand?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
There are some differences.
Where it can be argued that the drivers may be the same, at least as far as looking the same, the cabinets are different, and these use binding posts not wire clips. At least that is what I have found regarding the daytons linked to.
Also appearances aside there well may be other differences as well as crossovers, seems to me everyone is going solely on them looking like they have the same drivers. At any rate still a good deal imo for either one though easier returns for the prime cables version if they don't suit.
Also available on amazon prime same price.
https://www.amazon.ca/2-Way-Bookshelf-S ... PH3F7J06JF
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8429 posts
4672 upvotes
Durham
betamaxman wrote: No idea how the sound but look good, the price is good and the shipping is free.
Might be a good choice for surround or atmos setups on a budget.
Garbage!

Take the Omage Forte Series 50 Watt speakers for the same price which is better.

And if you really want to be cheap ... look at the crap RCA DVD Home Theater System at the same price ... more output .... comes with a DVD Player too ... and more speakers!
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
AV-Fishing wrote: Garbage!

Take the Omage Forte Series 50 Watt speakers for the same price which is better.

And if you really want to be cheap ... look at the crap RCA DVD Home Theater System at the same price ... more output .... comes with a DVD Player too ... and more speakers!
Lol, without them both side by side or have owned both to compare the sound one can only speculate. They do look good though I give you that. The rca thing though is apples to oranges.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
8429 posts
4672 upvotes
Durham
betamaxman wrote: Lol, without them both side by side or have owned both to compare the sound one can only speculate. They do look good though I give you that. The rca thing though is apples to oranges.
True say.

Honestly, IMO I will never take speakers (even if they are free) that are of these cheap brands.

My HT setup is with Polk, Klipsch, and Jamo with a Denon receiver.

Don't use cheap crap.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6891 upvotes
Scarberia
would these comparable<? i got some old B10s klipsch from bb a few years ago, still not installed

1) do i need an amp/control box to use these book shelf speakers? i just want to direct connect to tv rca cable ports
2) what wires do i need to hook up to that cheap prime cables amp? thx
3)can i stand the speakers SIDEWAYS instead under my tv ( or will that affect the sound quality), i dont have room to put one of the speakers beside the tv and standing upright,
since im a noob i was watching this video:

prolly gonna order some speaker wires on amazon

tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
mikka2017 wrote: would these comparable<? i got some old B10s klipsch from bb a few years ago, still not installed

1) do i need an amp/control box to use these book shelf speakers? i just want to direct connect to tv rca cable ports
3)can i stand the speakers SIDEWAYS instead under my tv ( or will that affect the sound quality), i dont have room to put one of the speakers beside the tv and standing upright,

tia
You would need an amp to wire these speakers too.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mikka2017 wrote: would these comparable<? i got some old B10s klipsch from bb a few years ago, still not installed

tia
For speaker cables, checkout primecables.ca
18 gauge would be fine for 8ohm speakers up to 32fts, for longer runs or lower impedance, get 16 gauge, check google for table.
You can lay them sideways but keep in mind high frequency/tweeter are more directional, you may want to slightly angle them upward.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Even plain old lamp cord (what speaker wire/cable really is anyway) will do 18 or greater gauge as stated, usually a dime a foot at home depot or other places, little more difficult to phase though (+ and -).
You can also buy designated speaker wire at places like princess auto, or even the nearest dollar store, again watch the gauge.
This of course is the bare minimum, but you can still get wire relatively cheaply and you can make your cables look pretty darn ritzy as well.
14 gauge inwall 100ft speaker wire.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0758C ... UTF8&psc=1
Braided sleeving.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B072M9 ... UTF8&psc=1
Speaker wire pants.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004YU ... UTF8&psc=1
12 pair pack of good easiest to install and won't come loose banana plugs, I hate the kind you stick the wire through then splay it out before locking it, those usually always come loose after time.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06Y8Y ... UTF8&psc=1
This is what I mean, locked onto the wire than sealed so not to come loose with a collar, as aposed to the ones in techdad's video.
A black portion of heat shrink to lock the braided sleeve, then on with the pants, perhaps some red and black heat shrink over the pants first then on with the banana plugs, slide the heat shrink over the banana plugs so that it is over the plugs a quarter inch or so and over the pants. Shrink the tubing with a hair drier on high. Then you have a reasonably though unnecessarily good looking bunch of cables and likely still enough cable you can sell on kijiji to reduce the costs even further, total cost under a $100 for 5 or so cables.
Of course lamp cord 18 to 12 gauge will do just fine as well, but there is nothing wrong with nice looking cables. Just not necessary. You can also omit the sleeving, and/or pants etc, even the white cable will look good. Here is an example. But at least get the banana plugs your life will be a little easier when you disconnect and reconnect your gear the next time around.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Sep 14, 2018
189 posts
122 upvotes
Would these be strong enough for rear surrounds in a decent setup?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
hingisfan24 wrote: Would these be strong enough for rear surrounds in a decent setup?
Should be, but if not if bought from amazon return is pretty easy. My main concern is that they are only rated at 87 db at one watt per meter. But then given that base requires up to 90% of the overall power and if it's a decent setup you will have a sub or subs doing that they should be OK. And again if they don't suffice send them back, it's pretty easy with amazon.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)