Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

PrimeCables® 200W Class D Bluetooth aptX Stereo Amplifier ($49.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:58 am
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1235 posts
521 upvotes
Montreal, QC
PaliGap wrote: Haven't received mine yet but got this email this morning.

Dear Customer,

We have recently discovered that some of our recent 200W Bluetooth amplifier (model: Cab-AMP200BT) that were purchased within the last two weeks had been mistakenly packed with a 220V power supply into the box.
Therefore it won’t power up by plugging into a standard outlet which requires 110V.

Please note that if you’ve tried the 220V power supply, it will not have damaged your circuit nor the amplifier itself, it simply will not power the amplifier up.

As our system shows you’ve recently purchased this amplifier, please note that our team will ship to you the correct 110V power supply very soon, you’ll receive the correct one within a few business days.

If you have any questions, you are always welcome to reply to this email, start a live chat on our website or to give us a call at our toll free number 1-866-979-7463 (Monday-Friday 24H EST).

Thank you again for choosing PrimeCables.ca, and hope you have a great weekend.

Best regards,

Shopper+ Customer Care
WOWWW, how much did this "sale" cost primecables. All the time for cust serv people to field all the calls and complaints and all the shipping incorrect and correct power supplies back and forth... for an item that they are getting $49 for... OUCH
Oct 19, 2009
275 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
reggielist wrote: WOWWW, how much did this "sale" cost primecables. All the time for cust serv people to field all the calls and complaints and all the shipping incorrect and correct power supplies back and forth... for an item that they are getting $49 for... OUCH
I received two replacement power supplies on separate days. PC did not ask for the original to be returned...that would have been a pain.

For a quick test, I used a handy pair of KEFs with banana-plug cables and a Raspberry Pi with IQAudio DAC. The sound was a bit boomy, but the Class D amp has no tone controls for adjustment. The Bluetooth worked, but it presents itself as a headset rather than headphones when pairing with my phone. I had to answer some question about audio from phone calls that is not a consideration for other Bluetooth speakers that I have. I hope to have time for the kitchen installation this weekend. I won't know if its a keeper until then.
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
hhp021 wrote: I have the Polk MC80 in ceiling (visions, $88 sometimes on sale for $68). Decent bass and excellent clarity for the price.
This is exactly the speakers I was thinking about. $68 each right now, as you mentioned. I couldn't find any reviews on them though... In fact, I couldn't find any good reviews on in ceiling speakers at all. Usually I go to wirecutter for my one stop review shopping... But they don't have anything for in ceiling speakers. So you're happy with them?

Also, given that this isn't on sale anymore any other suggestions for amps? I will have 6 zones, so will need 6 of them.
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
ChrisS489 wrote: That's exactly what I was thinking. I have six zones in my house but just ordered a 6 zone amp yesterday. It shipped today. This would've been a great deal.
I also will be needing 6 zones. Which amp did you buy? Are you happy with it?

Where would you go to find reliable reviews for amps? Preferably ones that are easily purchased, not reviews for obscure amps that I'd have to go to eBay to find, etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)