• Apr 24th, 2017 10:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1297 posts
590 upvotes

[Primecables.com] Primecables 3 In 1 Stud Finder Scanner $7.99

http://www.primecables.com/p-354775-cab ... er-scanner

I was looking for a cheap (non magnetic) stud finder that could detect wall studs, metal and electric wiring and came across this one from Primecables.
Don't know how good the quality is but the reviews seem decent, especially for the price.

Btw posted the below info in my other primecables deal find so if you're looking free shipping this is the best offer I was able to come across.

If you have not ordered from primecables before there is a first time new customer coupon for any order over $10 using code FreeShipping10
Otherwise if you spend over $29 you can use LOVEFS to get free shipping.

They sell a lot of cheap adapters and cables so if you need a filler item you should find something adequate here http://www.primecables.com/en/query?com ... =%E2%9C%93

*Btw, I couldn't find any cashback for primecables but I think 123inkcartridges is their parent company which there's currently 3.25% cashback at GCR. You can place an order thru GCR >123inkcartridges with primecables items in your cart - however I'm not sure if cashback will be honoured so YMMV! Doesn't hurt to try. Enjoy!

*Update April 24, I can confirm you will receive cashback if you order thru 123inkcartridges if you click thru using GCR as I received mine roughly 3 days after ordering.
Last edited by nintendo on Apr 21st, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always hungry ;)
30 replies
Dec 27, 2012
823 posts
260 upvotes
Burnaby
I have the "Stanley" branded version of this exact stud finder, works well ! I have had very positive experiences with PrimeCables
Mar 10, 2011
95 posts
22 upvotes
Niagara
When I bought their monitor stand it was supposed to take a week. 2 days after I ordered it was at my front door. :-0
Color me impressed.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1297 posts
590 upvotes
jbone14 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 1:45 pm
I have the "Stanley" branded version of this exact stud finder, works well ! I have had very positive experiences with PrimeCables
Cool, didn't know it was a rebadged stanley.

Have you used the electric wire detector feature? Do you find it accurate?
Always hungry ;)
Always hungry ;)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5487 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I bought one too, mainly to fill my order up to $29 to get free shipping.

I don't have good luck with stud finders, but I am willing to give this one a shot.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Dec 27, 2012
823 posts
260 upvotes
Burnaby
nintendo wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 3:11 pm
Cool, didn't know it was a rebadged stanley.

Have you used the electric wire detector feature? Do you find it accurate?
Always hungry ;)
It goes off like the dickens ill tell you that much lol... I would say its accurate to a point but I certainly wouldn't depend on it for tracing wire sort of thing.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
17743 posts
4436 upvotes
number8888 wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 4:16 pm
I don't have good luck with stud finders, but I am willing to give this one a shot.
Try neodymium magnets or this:
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1055 posts
325 upvotes
That one from Costco cost almost 4x more then this one.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2603 posts
522 upvotes
BC
Canadian Tire has the Stanley stud finder on sale for $14 down from $21
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1386 posts
294 upvotes
Too bad they don't have free deliveries to subway stations in Toronto like they do in Montreal. This was pretty convenient to order small bits and pieces below the free shipping cutoff amount :(

Can't justify buying 4 of them to get FS, and paying 6$ shipping on an 8$ item sucks.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
1984 posts
292 upvotes
Da boot
My g/f must have a defective one, or the old rental she had had wires snaking all through the walls, these things weren't very effective for giving you a good idea where wires are in the walls.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel