Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Primecables.ca

Quick Charge 3.0 18W USB Wall Charger /w Free Shipping - $6.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2019 8:42 am
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2507 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto

[Primecables.ca] Quick Charge 3.0 18W USB Wall Charger /w Free Shipping - $6.99

Good, compact QC 3.0 charger. Got one from a sale last year, no issues so far. A couple bucks cheaper, but now with free shipping. ($5.99 value) Ships from QC so you should get it in a few days.

https://www.primecables.ca/en/p-362349- ... -charge-3a

*update*
Free shipping seems to carry over if you add other items. Also earn 1398 S-Points (worth about $1.40, but you need a min of 10,000 to cash them in) Finally, don't forget 2.5% Rakuten or 3.25% GCR.
Last edited by Driftwood on Sep 16th, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
20 Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
55 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2054 posts
3039 upvotes
Airdrie
Thanks, grabbed a couple, because why not?
Aug 4, 2008
130 posts
45 upvotes
Does anyone know if this is actually Qualcomm certified? Don't see any documentation online.
Nov 16, 2015
837 posts
1906 upvotes
Toronto, ON
this would pair nicely with one of the 10w or 7.5w Qi wireless charging pads on amazon as the majority of those don't come with this adapter.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
pangjeff wrote: Does anyone know if this is actually Qualcomm certified? Don't see any documentation online.
That's a valid point. Couldn't find anything either.

Unless Qualcomm logo implies that it's certified
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Nov 10, 2006
482 posts
164 upvotes
montreal
pangjeff wrote: Does anyone know if this is actually Qualcomm certified? Don't see any documentation online.
What difference does that make?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5148 posts
2193 upvotes
Mississauga
Driftwood wrote: Good, compact QC 3.0 charger. Got one from a sale last year, no issues so far. A couple bucks cheaper, but now with free shipping. ($5.99 value) Ships from QC so you should get it in a few days.

https://www.primecables.ca/en/p-362349- ... -charge-3a

*update*
Free shipping seems to carry over if you add other items. Also don't forget 2.5% Rakuten.
Use GCR for 3.25%.
Aug 1, 2007
807 posts
98 upvotes
Thanks, ended up ordering one. For such a low price will take my chance and see how it goes.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1390 posts
3640 upvotes
I still don't understand how these work with a Pixel 2. Do they charge rapidly like the stock charger or not?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1878 posts
810 upvotes
Winnipeg
ordered yesterday for 9$ ...damn...and they said they don't price adjust. lol
Sep 4, 2008
907 posts
338 upvotes
New Westminster
Question for the more well versed. Will this charge faster than my s10 charger than? I dont have a wattage rating on the charger, but it lists output 9.0V with 1.67A or 5.0V with 2.0A. I used to look at the amperage rating (and it would seem this charger would charge faster than stock).

I am not sure how to compare the ratings. In addition, this charger has QC3.0 as well which I assume my stock one does not. How do I know how to compare them?
Last edited by brclho on Sep 16th, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
shampygarg wrote: ordered yesterday for 9$ ...damn...and they said they don't price adjust. lol
Considering the price difference is pretty minimal I wouldn't out too much effort into it but you can try calling you bank (assuming you paid via cc) and see if they have price guarantee/price protection.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1878 posts
810 upvotes
Winnipeg
Gtaphotog wrote: Considering the price difference is pretty minimal I wouldn't out too much effort into it but you can try calling you bank (assuming you paid via cc) and see if they have price guarantee/price protection.
lol..yeah good one! totally forgot...I probably can give a shot and see if they actually do it...never have done it before...
Dec 11, 2012
37 posts
59 upvotes
Stated directly under the product title "Qualcomm certified, up to 4x faster than regular charger".
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
brclho wrote: Question for the more well versed. Will this charge faster than my s10 charger than? I dont have a wattage rating on the charger, but it lists output 9.0V with 1.67A or 5.0V with 2.0A. I used to look at the amperage rating (and it would seem this charger would charge faster than stock).

I am not sure how to compare the ratings. In addition, this charger has QC3.0 as well which I assume my stock one does not. How do I know how to compare them?
I'm pretty sure the S10 is limited to 15W charging.

The Note 10+ comes with a 25W charger in the box and the ability to charge at 45W with Samsung's special PD charger that uses PPS technology that provides the crazy fast charging which can't be achieved using other 45W chargers.
Aug 4, 2008
130 posts
45 upvotes
That means nothing. As I stated in my post (and someone else verified), there is no other documentation online to back this up. It's look if you look up "Quick Charge 3.0" on Amazon, you get countless results saying "Qualcomm Certified":

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=quick+charge+ ... _sb_noss_2

There's no mention of Primecable or many of the ones listed on Amazon at all on the official device/accessory list:

https://www.qualcomm.com/documents/quic ... evice-list

I'm sure it doesn't really matter in the end, but them labeling it as certified when there's no documentation to back it up is a bit problematic (if they really aren't certified). Certification generally means that they've tested it so that it won't break your device, cause fires etc.
Sep 4, 2008
907 posts
338 upvotes
New Westminster
thanks for the reply! I looked it up n indeed s10 only supports QC2.0 which is 15W.

this charger should still charge faster than OEM, just not QC3.0.
Aug 17, 2013
696 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
FYI... Iphone users, your max charging speed will be 12w over the USB A connector.

In order to get the full 18w, you need a USB-C to lightning cable and a USB C charger. FYI, money grab but best investment for my iphone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)