• Dec 11th, 2018 11:24 am
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4133 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
Shadow Rider wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 8:05 pm
They still owe me for a flight in June London to Toronto. Haven't received compensation since. Anyone else in a similar boat? Ideas for how we might be able to get some money back? Some credit cards have insurance for airline insolvency, but in this case the airline was technically solvent in June, not sure how this will work.
Try this?

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolv ... -can-help/
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4003 posts
1159 upvotes
Moncton
On the same day as the cofounder of Air Transat becomes Premier of Quebec!

I feel bad for investors. Chartering Scandinavians south would seem to me like a pretty safe way to make money. I guess the lure of North America is what tanked them. Norwegian and Wow also have gain-market-share-at-a-loss business plans to conquer trans-Atlantic. Ryanair’s owner CEO is probably patting himself on the back.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6680 posts
4194 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Geez Louise, how many threads do we need to open on this topic / defunct airline ?
There are two already:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/would-yo ... r-2190607/
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/primera- ... d-2226784/

They’ve gotten more press on RFD in the last 24 Hours than in the entire time they were flying

Budget airline that went belly up... one hardly anyone ever heard of before
Surprise, surprise
Bankruptcy is their claim to fame
Last edited by PointsHubby on Oct 2nd, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2020 posts
1071 upvotes
This article spells out the comedy of errors over at Primera, which really does deserve to be in the "joke airlines" club:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/7395415 ... t-airline/

They were doing just fine as a short to medium haul carrier. The SHTF when they thought they could go transatlantic and everything that could go wrong (other than an accident), did.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6680 posts
4194 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 7:10 am
This article spells out the comedy of errors over at Primera, which really does deserve to be in the "joke airlines" club:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/7395415 ... t-airline/

They were doing just fine as a short to medium haul carrier. The SHTF when they thought they could go transatlantic and everything that could go wrong (other than an accident), did.
You are right... it sounds like they are indeed lucky they did not have a major accident / catastrophe
In 2017, at the same time that the airline announced that they would be launching a transatlantic route, the company was forced to spend nearly £10million on rebuilding one of their planes that had been severely damaged by corrosion.
That there says EVERYTHING I need to know.

10 Million Pounds = 16.6 Million Dollars CDN = SEVERELY DAMAGED BY CORROSION

Ya i’d Say so !!!

Offer me all the 99 Pounds = $ 165 CDN Flights you want to fly between NA & Europe... to me it’s still not worth the risk

Dollars to Donuts... ya get what ya pay for. Thank god all that happened was folks got stranded ... and not a cheap ticket on the PRIME-ERROR Coffin Express
May 6, 2006
274 posts
67 upvotes
Brampton
Yikes our TD Visa covers everything but bankruptcy.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2017 posts
1838 upvotes
Montreal
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 4:39 am
Geez Louise, how many threads do we need to open on this topic / defunct airline ?
would-you-trust-primera-air-2190607/
primera-air-has-collapsed-2226784/ (,,,)

Gee! Sorrr..rrrry!
Were there soooo many threads about Primera?
There was one opened on May 1st "Would you trust Primera Air?"
And I opened the other one yesterday Oct. 1st "Primera Air has collapsed" after doing a search that returned nothing.
Pretty different subject, don't you think?
The RFD search tool leaves a bit to be desired sometimes.
The old one got merged into mine.
We could have only one thread for all the air lines...
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2020 posts
1071 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 8:28 am
You are right... it sounds like they are indeed lucky they did not have a major accident / catastrophe
Dollars to Donuts... ya get what ya pay for. Thank god all that happened was folks got stranded ... and not a cheap ticket on the PRIME-ERROR Coffin Express
You (or somebody) said they had an excellent safety record all along... yeah, back when they were a short to medium haul/charter carrier (looks like they were the Transat/Sunwing of western Europe - fly Europeans/Scandinavians/Icelanders down to sunny places like Spain - and were successful at it).

But flying rusty planes? Yikes... how the hell did that happen? Left them parked next to beaches for too long and they got sprayed with salt water? Or probably - cheapened out on maintenance till it came back to bite them in the ass...

We've seen this movie before, it was called JetsGo. They were fine as a short/medium/charter carrier. Try to expand and take on the legacy carriers and sell tickets dirt cheap to get cash in the bank to pay for planes... If Transat or Sunwing start thinking they're the second coming of WestJet, might want to book with somebody else... WestJet has so far played its cards perfectly. JetsGo, Canada3000, Primera, not so much. And they're not flying anymore.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2020 posts
1071 upvotes
gwn wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 9:15 am
Yikes our TD Visa covers everything but bankruptcy.
Discussed here:
td-visa-bankrupt-vendor-2115001/

Seems to me Visa and its banks are covering their asses since, if a company goes bankrupt and they issue you a chargeback... now the bank is out that amount and can't recover it from the bankrupt vendor (they'd just join the group of creditors that will never get back what they lost). So they refuse the chargeback leaving YOU to join that group of creditors instead.

All I can say is, for all the $$$ banks make off credit cards in the form of transaction fees, annual fees, and interest, this doesn't seem right....
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6680 posts
4194 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Temporel wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 11:47 am
Gee! Sorrr..rrrry!
Were there soooo many threads about Primera?
There was one opened on May 1st "Would you trust Primera Air?"
And I opened the other one yesterday Oct. 1st "Primera Air has collapsed" after doing a search that returned nothing.
Pretty different subject, don't you think?
The RFD search tool leaves a bit to be desired sometimes.
The old one got merged into mine.
We could have only one thread for all the air lines...
Agree 2 different subjects

FYI, my post too has now been merged ... it originally was posted into a 3rd topic which also addressed the collapse of the airline (Don’t remember its title right now) but it was literally on the same page of the forum directory just one or two topics above the others... no SEARCH required. Just a case of whomever wrote it needing to open their eyes before they post

And that may not have been you by the way... I don’t recall the author

EDIT - I looked back thru this topic, and I found the person / post I was replying too ... and NO it was not you.
May 6, 2006
274 posts
67 upvotes
Brampton
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 3:47 pm
Discussed here:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/td-visa ... r-2115001/

Seems to me Visa and its banks are covering their asses since, if a company goes bankrupt and they issue you a chargeback... now the bank is out that amount and can't recover it from the bankrupt vendor (they'd just join the group of creditors that will never get back what they lost). So they refuse the chargeback leaving YOU to join that group of creditors instead.

All I can say is, for all the $$$ banks make off credit cards in the form of transaction fees, annual fees, and interest, this doesn't seem right....
Next we opened a dispute with Visa and the agent felt pretty certain we will get a refund because nothing was received. Keeping our fingers crossed.