• Dec 11th, 2018 11:24 am
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1136 posts
376 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
GateGuardian wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 9:01 am
Yeah. Pretty sure they were leasing A380 with suites during the 787 engine troubles
The A380 probably didn't cost that much to charter. Barely viable early build (i.e., overweight) example that Singapore Airlines couldn't wait to get rid of and no one else wants in their fleet. It was flown to and sat in an airport in Pyrennean France by the lessor owner.

http://www.traveller.com.au/first-retir ... rap-gziiuo
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelgol ... fcf4541d65
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
Sep 6, 2016
495 posts
180 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
May 1st, 2018 4:11 pm
So you didn't read reviews BEFORE handing over your money? *SMH*
A few minutes on Google, Yelp, TripAdvisor could have saved you. Isn't your time and money worth that effort to make sure you aren't walking into a shitshow?

Ha ha ha (((( Unfortunately, even if there would be tonnes of excellent reviews they are not true.

Business got how to get reviews. We should verify reviewers too.

If everyone thing is OK for today and tomorrow crashes?
I am only agree, that charters are not unreliable

Yes you save to day few bucks today and will lose thousands tomorrow

Even our time and comfort have their price
Public Mobile $110/12GB forever!
Jan 30, 2013
578 posts
65 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 9:05 pm
Interesting video that might clue you in on who NOT to trust for your next trip:

Glad I held off booking with Icelandair for their London fare as seen on RFD
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
1835 posts
375 upvotes
THORNHILL
I was supposed to fly with Primera on the 12th of September from CDG to YYZ. We checked in our luggage, made it through security and 1hr before the departure they cancelled our flight. Bused us to a crappy hotel near the airport in Paris and we bought our own flights with Air Transat the next day. I applied for compensation both for the air transat flight and eu261 compensation but looks like I'm not gonna see any thing from these crooks. I started a claim with the CC hopefully to at least get the flight ticket refunded.
Feb 11, 2009
962 posts
219 upvotes
durrsak wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 3:31 pm
I was supposed to fly with Primera on the 12th of September from CDG to YYZ. We checked in our luggage, made it through security and 1hr before the departure they cancelled our flight. Bused us to a crappy hotel near the airport in Paris and we bought our own flights with Air Transat the next day.
Glad you were able to rebook.
Who paid for the hotel?
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
1835 posts
375 upvotes
THORNHILL
Yeah luckily they did. It was a total mess. By the time the flight got cancelled to when we got our room took nearly 5 hours.
Sep 7, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes
I am still battling with capital one to pay for my flight with primera air that did not take place back in early October.

They tell me they are working on it. There are numerous claims.

Still calling every week for updates and to be a squeaky wheel.
Mar 20, 2018
17 posts
11 upvotes
I was also part of that CDG to YYZ fiasco on Sept 12.

I paid for the Primera Air flight with my Costco Capital One MasterCard. My credit card ultimately refunded me the cancelled Primera Air flight. My back and forth email correspondence with Primera Air completely ceased on October 2 once they announced they were bankrupt. Didn't receive a single penny for any refund or compensation from Primera Air.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
1835 posts
375 upvotes
THORNHILL
123jtl wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 9:54 pm
I was also part of that CDG to YYZ fiasco on Sept 12.

I paid for the Primera Air flight with my Costco Capital One MasterCard. My credit card ultimately refunded me the cancelled Primera Air flight. My back and forth email correspondence with Primera Air completely ceased on October 2 once they announced they were bankrupt. Didn't receive a single penny for any refund or compensation from Primera Air.
Glad to hear you got your money back. I am still waiting on Cap1 to refund me, knowing that someone was able to get their money back is good news. Did you fly with them after 2 days or did you book another flight like us?
Mar 20, 2018
17 posts
11 upvotes
I booked with Air Transat for the next day flight. Didn't trust Primera Air anymore.