Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Garage

Princess Auto: International Garage Work Station YMMV $270

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2010 4:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON

[Garage] Princess Auto: International Garage Work Station YMMV $270

I was in a Princess Auto west of the GTA a week ago. On the way out noticed an all steel workstation (excluding bench top) with overhead cabinets and under bench storage. It had a price on the upper section of $299.99 and another tag on the lower of the same amount. I thought $600 for a bench was a tad steep but the quality was good, it was very sturdy, well built. Still, $600 for a workbench ... I'm no Bob Villa and $600 is about the price I buy a car for .. not a work bench :lol:

I figured I'd check it out online when I got home. Couldn't find it anywhere on the Princess site and nowhere in the current flyer.

I did some googling and came across this
http://www.sears.ca/product/craftsman-m ... 600?ptag=1

It's obviously made by International for Craftsman and sells for $749 on sears.ca .. it's even listed there as a NEW item to Sears

Had my neighbor checked today and it was still there. Turns out the actual price was $299 for the entire setup (top and bottom). It doesn't stop there, when he took the item number to ring through it came up as clearance for $270.03. I had him bring me one home. He's getting one for himself tomorrow.

If you're in the market for a basement, garage or shed work station setup with storage, I'd suggest you hit you're local Princess and check to see if they have stock.

Item Description

Garage Work Station
Item #B 8301624
Clearance Price $270.03 + tax

- 48'' w. x 20'' d. x 37'' h. workbench has two 22'' w. x 16'' d. x 4'' h ball-bearing glide drawers
- two pieces each: 24'' w. x 18'' h. wood-product pegboard with wall-support brackets
- 3-door wall cabinet
- adjustable shelves
- keyed lock
- 48'' w. x 12'' d. x 24'' h

Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2967 posts
1983 upvotes
Edmonton
called local store and gave them the part number. They said the work station for $270? So looks like price is right and they have stock of 7 in west edmonton. Will have to take a look. OP when you get it home let us know what you think........

thanks frank
Feb 27, 2009
129 posts
13 upvotes
Keswick
Price is the same at all the stores(I think it just dropped on Monday) but I'm not sure if all stores have stock. The quality of it is pretty good but it's a pain to build, I built the one in the Newmarket store.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
thanks for the confirmation.

odd thing was when my neighbor asked how many they had in stock the CSR said "I can't tell you, other than to say more than 1 - less than 10" .. not sure what that was about :confused:

I have it home but I need to make room in my basement for it. It's currently residing in my shed within the two boxes it comes in until I find the time.

Woodstock, ON
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4274 posts
299 upvotes
Hamilton
how heavy is it? Can one person load/unload it?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2855 posts
836 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
synaptech wrote: how heavy is it? Can one person load/unload it?
you can probably get an employee to help load at the store. for getting it out, one box is doable for one person. the second box you definitely need two, or if you're resourceful you could slide it out onto a 2 wheeler i'd suppose, it would be tricky though.

Woodstock, ON
Mar 7, 2005
907 posts
341 upvotes
Thanks for the post...very tempting for the garage....
Feb 27, 2009
129 posts
13 upvotes
Keswick
crashxxx wrote: odd thing was when my neighbor asked how many they had in stock the CSR said "I can't tell you, other than to say more than 1 - less than 10" .. not sure what that was about :confused:
Thats really weird :confused: Our system is not always 100% but they could have given a better answer than that. I can tell you that when I left work today we had 6 in the Newmarket store, if anyone was wondering.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)