Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
2687 posts
197 upvotes
North Etobicoke

[Princess Auto] Princess Auto Schumacher Jump Starter $49

For those who is looking for one
Schumacher Red Fuel Jump Starter
Portable charger, 9 in. micro USB and Lightning 8-pin braided charge cable, LCD display, travel bag, jump starter, 2.1A/1A USB ports
Car battery jump starter that doubles as a portable battery charger for cell phones and tablets
Battery Type A rechargeable 8,000 mAh Lithium Polymer battery to safely jump your vehicle
Cold Cranking Amps 200 A
Peak Amps 400 A
Red Fuel Schumacher
Last edited by Menthol on Nov 28th, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1584 posts
147 upvotes
Edmonton
How often does it need to be charged at home?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1613 posts
257 upvotes
Calgary
Please don't take this skiing with you.

Too soon?
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11892 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:19 pm
All good reviews so far, been looking for one for just in case because I’m like that. But I hope and am positive my Toyota Camry will never have a problem :P
Being a Camry owner, get your battery tested for free at partsouce and replace it at Costco or Active Green and Ross who has a $15 Mir now.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
12140 posts
1932 upvotes
London
I think this is the SL161

It comes with a combo micro USB/ lightning cable as well.

The review below says the tested capacity is 5200 mAh usable vs the 8000 mAh label capacity on the USB ports and 2500 mAh on the 12v booster port

Here's a test :

Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6622 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
5abi wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 12:27 am
How often does it need to be charged at home?
I have an older Cobra jumper along the same lines and I can safety say that the self-discharge rate on these units is very low. Typically, I do a top-up charge every 6 months or so and according to the built in battery meter, it's still reading from 75% to 100% when I do it (it only has 4 LED indicator lights so the resolution isn't that fine). In theory, I might be able to do it once a year.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6622 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
NFN_NLN wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 12:38 am
Will 200CCA cut it in winter?
Depending on the size, type and condition of engine. Most 4 bangers should be fine.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5356 posts
1392 upvotes
Cornwall PE
I have a 32 year old monte. This summer I had a no start that I couldn't start with any booster, but could with cables and another car. Thing was the battery cable going to the starter solenoid was dirty at the starter connection and the stud on the solenoid terminal was loose. After cleaning and tightening the terminal all was well. Point is that there are a lot of reasons your battery may not be able to give your starter enough energy and in my case it took another cars alternator to give enough power. Also the effectiveness, especially of those little lithy boosters, will diminish greatly as the temps drop so I am in the camp for the older heavy boosters they are the minimum you will need in our climate with the cold season when our batteries are the most likely to let us down.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6622 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
betamaxman wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 2:21 pm
I have a 32 year old monte. This summer I had a no start that I couldn't start with any booster, but could with cables and another car. Thing was the battery cable going to the starter solenoid was dirty at the starter connection and the stud on the solenoid terminal was loose. After cleaning and tightening the terminal all was well. Point is that there are a lot of reasons your battery may not be able to give your starter enough energy and in my case it took another cars alternator to give enough power. Also the effectiveness, especially of those little lithy boosters, will diminish greatly as the temps drop so I am in the camp for the older heavy boosters they are the minimum you will need in our climate with the cold season when our batteries are the most likely to let us down.
But with these little boosters, you can keep them in your coat pocket to warm them up before a jump - you really can't do that with the older heavy boosters.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1184 posts
118 upvotes
Careful with Princess Auto batteries. I bought one (not this model) on sale last year and the battery expanded after one use. I emailed the manufacture and they said those batteries are liquidated from wholesale to wholesale until Princess Auto get them. It was produced 4 years ago. They said there shouldn't be manufacture warranty left but they honoured it anyway.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1358 posts
813 upvotes
Calgary
I doubt this thing would restart a Dead Parrot.
In your pants!
Nov 25, 2015
31 posts
35 upvotes
The problem with these devices is this, we are going into the cold season where you will need this to start your car because it's frozen. If you leave this In your car it will also be frozen and barely aid your frozen solid car battery. This may be handy for a boat or something more along those lines. Save your money and buy a trickle charger or block heater if you can plug your car in anywhere. Just my 2 cents.