[Princess Auto] Princess Auto Schumacher Jump Starter $49

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2017 7:44 am
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1327 posts
601 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
I bought one of these that looks similar to that one off ebay for $25. Still haven't received it.
Dec 3, 2006
324 posts
110 upvotes
Craven
FatWallet wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:00 pm
I doubt this thing would restart a Dead Parrot.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
2765 posts
706 upvotes
London
hightech wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:18 am
Being a Camry owner, get your battery tested for free at partsouce and replace it at Costco or Active Green and Ross who has a $15 Mir now.
I love my baby Camry, I treat her right as much as possible. I believe my battery is basically brand new since I bought her in 2016. So, you get a $15 MIR + minus the old battery you give to them.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6640 posts
1779 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dutchsupreme wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:10 pm
The problem with these devices is this, we are going into the cold season where you will need this to start your car because it's frozen. If you leave this In your car it will also be frozen and barely aid your frozen solid car battery. This may be handy for a boat or something more along those lines. Save your money and buy a trickle charger or block heater if you can plug your car in anywhere. Just my 2 cents.
It's really two different use cases. A trickle charger isn't going to be much use if you accidentally left your lights on in the parking lot and neither is the block heater. As for the trickle charger, skip that and get one of those smart all in one chargers that does regular charging and then goes to a trickle mode after the battery has been charged.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11894 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
betamaxman wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 2:21 pm
I have a 32 year old monte. This summer I had a no start that I couldn't start with any booster, but could with cables and another car. Thing was the battery cable going to the starter solenoid was dirty at the starter connection and the stud on the solenoid terminal was loose. After cleaning and tightening the terminal all was well. Point is that there are a lot of reasons your battery may not be able to give your starter enough energy and in my case it took another cars alternator to give enough power. Also the effectiveness, especially of those little lithy boosters, will diminish greatly as the temps drop so I am in the camp for the older heavy boosters they are the minimum you will need in our climate with the cold season when our batteries are the most likely to let us down.
Old cars starters are very inefficient and need more cranking power than newer vehicles.