Expired Hot Deals

[Princess Auto] Team Member & Customer Appreciation Night Dec 9th 5-7pm

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2018 4:41 pm
Dec 29, 2011
109 posts
112 upvotes
Halifax
Oh well, too late for me now. Thanks OP for the post, guess I'll try next year if they open it up to the public again.
Mar 12, 2006
488 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
It's all good, just looked up some old receipts for employee names lol.
Last edited by rvd on Dec 9th, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 23, 2007
785 posts
147 upvotes
Winnipeg
^^^ same question but for Winnipeg, Anyone go and did they ask any questions
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2009
1265 posts
440 upvotes
Ontario
I called today and spoke to Ben
Got a name that way. Thing is, for Kingston at least, the sale was open to the public. Picked up 2x 6v 232a golf cart batteries for 280 instead of 400. Very happy!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1988 posts
1596 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Got there late before closing and did a look around. Found nothing on my list or sold out an left. Could have saved $30 (30%) extra today off a stove but they didn't have it in stock but it's still on sale till the Dec 16th so I'll see if I can get a raincheck.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Jun 26, 2013
9 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Went to the Markham store and saw employees kicking out people.

Was able to get the discount though no questions asked so I guess they had certain criteria they were looking for.

To add: I went before close and checked out shortly after 5
Mar 14, 2003
628 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
I went to Markham store before 5. Picked up a bunch of stuff I didn’t really need and was still browsing for more stuff when I was told by multiple staff roaming the store that there were closing at 5 and it was a private invitation only event after 5 and that I would have to leave. I also heard them telling multiple other people. I dumped the majority of my items and went to pay for 1 item at ~5.02pm. The cashiers were super friendly unlike all the other staff and applied the discount without me asking about it. Meanwhile all the people with “invitations” had to line up and weren’t allowed to start shopping until everyone else left the store.

I used to love shopping at princess auto but they really went out of their way to rub people the wrong way with this sale.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1033 posts
2372 upvotes
afzan wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 12:12 am
I went to Markham store before 5. Picked up a bunch of stuff I didn’t really need and was still browsing for more stuff when I was told by multiple staff roaming the store that there were closing at 5 and it was a private invitation only event after 5 and that I would have to leave. I also heard them telling multiple other people. I dumped the majority of my items and went to pay for 1 item at ~5.02pm. The cashiers were super friendly unlike all the other staff and applied the discount without me asking about it. Meanwhile all the people with “invitations” had to line up and weren’t allowed to start shopping until everyone else left the store.

I used to love shopping at princess auto but they really went out of their way to rub people the wrong way with this sale.
This is likely due to the RFD effect from last year. I hear you but if it's a private event for friends and family only, and there's a bunch of randoms trying to get in on the deal you can't really blame them for trying to uphold their policy.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3429 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
TomLafinsky wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 1:30 am
This was a private event and should have not been posted in RFD. Not fair to the friends and families of the employees of PA. Mods should have done something about the thread.
LOL
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Jan 23, 2014
14 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
last yr had more threads abt the deal....Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2009
1265 posts
440 upvotes
Ontario
TomLafinsky wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 1:30 am
This was a private event and should have not been posted in RFD. Not fair to the friends and families of the employees of PA. Mods should have done something about the thread.
No it wasn't. The only person I "know" who works there is Ben. I "know" him because he answered the phone when I called to ask if the deal was open to the public. My new "friend" Ben confirmed anyone could attend at his location.
Oct 4, 2008
775 posts
293 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
So I went again with my dad, same as last year. First thing when we walked in the door "name a name!" heh heh :) I actually drew a blank but my dad mentioned Wanda who works at the location in north Calgary. So, we were good!
This time I got a couple 5" duct fans (I put these up in the attic on roof vents, with a high temp thermostat, to help force vent the attic on hot days). $49.99 less 30%, so $35 apiece for two.
They had a 3 pack of GRIP (grand rapids industrial products) Chinese vice grips for $13, so I got two of them for $9.10 each after 30% discount.
What else.. they had a bench grinder for $40 and I got that for $28, came with "free gift" (safety glasses - not a bad idea).
I looked at the Coleman trail bike that they had for $700, which would have been $490 with 30% off (and an extra $100 Princess Auto gift card to go with), but I'm like, ehhh don't need it. I don't have a truck to lug it around with anyway.
So we were walking out the door and here comes somebody behind us with a massive industrial battery, I'm like, they have batteries here? So we popped back in.
The RV needs a couple new deep cycle house batteries, they had them $140 each so $98 apiece after 30%. Not bad! Now I've got to swap them out & get my $20 x 2 core charge back.
RATS they had a 5" rotating/swiveling vice for $129 that I could have got for $91, apparently they had 8 on hand but I couldn't find it.
Next year :)