Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Princess Auto

Winter Wiper Blades 16"-24" $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2019 1:19 am
Oct 13, 2019
73 posts
79 upvotes
Guys its my first winter here, do we need a different set of wiper blades for winter? Do the regular ones break off with snow?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
HarisA99483 wrote: Guys its my first winter here, do we need a different set of wiper blades for winter? Do the regular ones break off with snow?
Its not absolutely necessary, but it helps. When it is very cold the water can freeze up the places where the wiper blades slide and pivot, making poor or uneven contact. Winter blades have those parts covered so they stay dry and moveable. In most conditions the regular wipers are fine, just at certain times you might have to stop and free them up to get them to clear the winshield properly.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4021 posts
2372 upvotes
Ottawa
HarisA99483 wrote: Guys its my first winter here, do we need a different set of wiper blades for winter? Do the regular ones break off with snow?
idiotcanuck wrote: Its not absolutely necessary, but it helps. When it is very cold the water can freeze up the places where the wiper blades slide and pivot, making poor or uneven contact. Winter blades have those parts covered so they stay dry and moveable. In most conditions the regular wipers are fine, just at certain times you might have to stop and free them up to get them to clear the winshield properly.
Many people (myself included) pull their wipers up and snap it back on to the windshield to bang the ice off of the joints. apparently you aren't supposed to do this as it can break the actual wiper. I had that happen to my friend when we were at school, lucky the school auto shop was still open. they don't usually break, but the snapping action can break them after a while I guess.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
This deal is still on.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Jun 16, 2017
92 posts
77 upvotes
Markham
anyone know where I can find some size 18? PA at markham are out of 18.
Deals I took advantage of:
  • Virgin 30Gb for $30 (Dec 2023)
  • Honeywell Humidifier $29 (Jan 2024)
Nov 17, 2014
606 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A bit off topic : what are some of the good brands of viper blades?
I have tried some from canadiantire and begin to get streaks after a few weeks of rain and worse with snow.... Willing to spend a bit more to be hassle free for atleast an year
Thank you
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
3580 posts
6290 upvotes
Atlantic
timbertick wrote: A bit off topic : what are some of the good brands of viper blades?
I have tried some from canadiantire and begin to get streaks after a few weeks of rain and worse with snow.... Willing to spend a bit more to be hassle free for atleast an year
Thank you
I bought the Michelin ones at Costco last fall. Still doing fine. Michelin Stealth Hybrid.

Something like these:
costco-michelin-stealth-hybrid-wiper-bl ... e-2268962/
May 12, 2018
53 posts
36 upvotes
X2 on the Costco michelin stealth blades, $10 each for any length.
Nov 17, 2014
606 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Snaggs68 wrote: X2 on the Costco michelin stealth blades, $10 each for any length.
Are they still the same price at Costco now?

Edit : just called Costco... They do have it.. 9.99
Will get it today
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
zebracobra007 wrote: Where in Canada are you to have such a nice green lawn?
Oh, you must be in southern Manitoba. That "nice lawn" looks like mine: green, but not much grass and mainly weeds. The weeds grow slower than grass so I don't mind.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Got a set for the winter, thx. I like changing them out around this time and have a fresh set for the winter.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Aug 23, 2005
966 posts
92 upvotes
Snaggs68 wrote: X2 on the Costco michelin stealth blades, $10 each for any length.
My Costco blades that I bought less than a year ago are very very noisy, is that the case with your blades or mine are harder now for some reason?
May 12, 2018
53 posts
36 upvotes
I have 3 vehicles with these blades and none are noisey. I just changed out a set on one vehicle a week ago and there quiet also. Sorry dont have an answer for you
Nov 20, 2008
460 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
I've bought the Costco Michelin ones for a few years now and have been happy with them until now. The last 2 sets I purchased in this past year have been terrible. They are very noisy and streak a few weeks after install.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
So QC just got princess auto. Saint jerome and soon Laval. Are they too new to already have clearance items? Anyone went to the one in st jerome?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
daviiiiiid wrote: So QC just got princess auto. Saint jerome and soon Laval. Are they too new to already have clearance items? Anyone went to the one in st jerome?
You have a pretty good chance they will have them.
These wipers are a surplus item and they are on the front page of the Surplus flyer endingb10/31, so almost every store would have got some.
You can check store stock online, just select a store first and then go to the product page.

Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2012
1200 posts
221 upvotes
Does Princess Auto or Costco install them for you?
Oct 29, 2006
113 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
leadhead wrote: I've bought the Costco Michelin ones for a few years now and have been happy with them until now. The last 2 sets I purchased in this past year have been terrible. They are very noisy and streak a few weeks after install.
Akronica wrote: My Costco blades that I bought less than a year ago are very very noisy, is that the case with your blades or mine are harder now for some reason?
Oh my gosh I thought that was just me. The costco ones keep dragging and making noise unless if there is a torrential downpour.
Jul 28, 2010
842 posts
535 upvotes
Akronica wrote: My Costco blades that I bought less than a year ago are very very noisy, is that the case with your blades or mine are harder now for some reason?
My costco blades lasted just under a year before the noise. Bought them on sale for $7 though.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
derrickrose wrote: Does Princess Auto or Costco install them for you?
Princess no, not sure about Costco. Maybe Part Source will, if you are near one?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)