[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1956 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Printing options for photographer

Hey everyone,

Recently launched my website and media company. I got a few people looking to buy prints off me and looking for the best options.

I've searched thru rfd and couldn't seem to find any newer info for places to get stuff printed.
From black friday deals I got some prints done as well as a portfolio book by photobox.ca (got some greatprices cause of black friday)
I didn't realize till after I ordered that there based out of the uk, I'll post back with the quality of their prints when I get them in. Because they ship from the uk the turnaround time is about two week they estimate.

Ideally I would like to support someone locally, that could potentially give me a discount seeing that I would be going to them for all my prints in the future.

Other websites I've found
blacks.ca
posterjack.ca
shutterfly.com
for canvas prints this website looks great, http://www.cgproprints.com/
http://www.44wide.ca/ (local company)

For me I have no experience with this, so looking for some insight with experiences others have had.

Thanks!!!
ps. if you did wanna check out my new site bzkmedia.com :)
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2009
1420 posts
109 upvotes
Why bother selling them yourself? Use a company like www.artzila.com to handle your sales. You don't have to worry about printing a lot and waiting to sell. They'll produce it on demand and even handle the s/h for you. If a buyer has a problem, they deal with it not you, allowing you to focus on your work and not the marketing and customer service.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
3040 posts
364 upvotes
It depends who much you actually care about your prints, the process, paper, material, etc.

I do my fine art prints at 44Wide/Print Partner (metallic paper, acrylic mount), but most of my regular archival pigment prints is done through a close friend at Second Wind Printing. Talk to a guy named Thomas there. He's a perfectionist when it comes to pigment prints and offers only a couple paper types.
Neil Ta, Epic Wedding Photographer. My Instagram
Oct 12, 2014
98 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yup exactly, its all about your interest.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1956 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the responses! The massive poster prints and portfolio book I got done by photobox just came in and I'm extremely pleased with the quality for the price.
I actually found what seems to be a great supplier out of quebec which seems to have great prices and very good equipment. They send you proofs for $2 with free shipping of any work you wanna get done before you decide to print.
Heres the website for anyone who wants to check them out, I'll post back the results when the canvass' get sent to me in the new year. (I missed the deadline for christmas orders)
http://thegicleefactory.com/