Credit Cards

Priority Pass Free with Amex Business Platinum?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2018 4:19 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 17, 2008
513 posts
234 upvotes
Quebec
khkchan wrote: In Canada for the selected lounges listed here (https://secure.cmax.americanexpress.com ... enefit.pdf) and Plaza Premium lounges around the world, AMEX small Biz plat gives you free access if the lounges swipe your AMEX card. If they swipe your PP card, there will be a $27 charge per person.
For Montreal its the 'Servisair' lounge. Theres no such lounge in Montreal, i think its been like 3 years since it changed...

Based on the location it seems like its in fact the National Bank lounge. Anyone recently access that lounge with the business platinum card and no PP card?
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
2048 posts
636 upvotes
Alberta
dazz wrote: While I can't comment on that lounge as some of the priority lounges are also accessible with amex cards via their own program, I can tell for sure that Amex Biz requires $27usd per person. And worst case, the lounge employees will not be able to tell you if it's free for you or not as they can't see that! They have no system to check if it's free. Same with Amex - customer service agents, they were telling me one thing, Priority pass csa's were telling me other things and I ended up paying in the end and both Amex and Priority Pass were blaming each other in the end and refused to refund!!! Their excuse was - I should have received and read the brochure that came with the card that explained what is included...
They blamed each other and the fact that perhaps they misunderstood my question or because programs are different in every country. Very unprofessional!

Check your bill in the next few days, just in case.

I got myself Amex Platinum and this one does include free PP visits for my wife and I and even though it's 699, the $400 annual travel voucher makes the deal so much better than the biz platinum @ 399/y as I travel a lot.
I went to National Bank lounge 2 weeks ago in Montreal airport and I can confirm that I was only asked for my Priority Pass card, not for my AMEX.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2004
1412 posts
563 upvotes
Do you actually have to be travelling to use the lounges? If I am just trying to kill time while waiting to pick up somebody, can I still use the lounges for free?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Airbum88 wrote: Do you actually have to be travelling to use the lounges? If I am just trying to kill time while waiting to pick up somebody, can I still use the lounges for free?
Lounges are airside, aka past security.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
Airbum88 wrote: Do you actually have to be travelling to use the lounges? If I am just trying to kill time while waiting to pick up somebody, can I still use the lounges for free?
You need to have a boarding ticket.

I think there was a story a while ago about some guy buying business class refundable tickets just so he could stop by the airport and get free food and booze on his way home. I don't recommend doing this.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
4007 posts
1352 upvotes
Scarborough
Does the card holder need to be present to enter a Plaza lounge, and do they check this? Ie. my sister is travelling soon, without me. Can she use the lounge if she has my card?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2319 posts
620 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
flamez1000 wrote: Does the card holder need to be present to enter a Plaza lounge, and do they check this? Ie. my sister is travelling soon, without me. Can she use the lounge if she has my card?
Curious about this too.

3 of us will be travelling soon. Can I use my Personal Amex Plat with 1 friend + myself and let the other use the PP?
Dec 20, 2017
871 posts
1053 upvotes
Mr_Dogg wrote: Curious about this too.

3 of us will be travelling soon. Can I use my Personal Amex Plat with 1 friend + myself and let the other use the PP?
From my experience using the Plaza lounge in YVR, USA departure, they check that the card name matches the boarding pass, then swipe the card on their terminal as if it were a transaction. Boarding pass is then stamped with "plaza premium", and you sign the receipt. No charges show up on the Amex card though, not even pending.
💳 Collected: RBC VIP for Private Banking, TD VIP, BMO VIP, HSBC Premier WE MC, Amex PP, Amex BP, Amex BG, Amex Cobalt, BMO WE MC, CDC Indigo
Dec 26, 2012
466 posts
145 upvotes
MILTON
Will be departing from La Guardia in a couple of weeks. My biz plat allows me to enter the Centurion Lounge for free, but it closes at 6:30pm on Saturday when my flight departs at 8:30pm. Not sure if I want to get to the airport 3-4 hrs early just for the lounge. I can also use the Maple Leaf Lounge but will have to pay USD $27pp as it's part of PP.
KOODO
TANGERINE BANK
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Have this changed recently? It seems biz plat's PP also give free entry plus 1 guest now? same as personal plat?
I am 100% sure there used to be $27USD per person charge.
My buddle found it out the hard way:)
Dec 21, 2010
344 posts
258 upvotes
if you have PP membership before the change (early 2018), u need to call in AMEX to request an upgrade of the PP membership to include free visits. Otherwise if you are still on the old membership plan, u will still get charged per visit.

The upgrade is free....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)