PC & Video Games

A priority to redeem Club Nintendo points?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2015 8:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3150 posts
7726 upvotes
Ontario

A priority to redeem Club Nintendo points?

Over the years I've bought a lot of Nintendo games. And thanks to the deals on RFD, more than I can play in my very limited free time. Often not even getting around to opening them up (like a lot of you I'm sure).

With the news that we've all heard about deadlines to redeem points, and a later deadline to swap them for rewards (to be revealed in February), what is the best course of action to do with unopened games?

I've got just over 1300 points. I've redeemed all my Wii U games, except New Luigi U (which the site says is 30 pts). I've got about half dozen 3ds games unopened that should have points (LoZ: LBW, New Super Mario Bros 2, LoZ: OoT...). And I bet I have a dozen Wii games unopened that would have pts too (I'm not counting 3rd party that I know won't have anything, but then again all these may be expired).

Right now, I'm playing the waiting game. Is everyone else doing the same?

Key dates:
1/20/2015 - Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015 - Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015 - Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
If you're not interested in resale value,. redeem them now. Whatever good rewards are added on Sunday/Monday are going to be gone in seconds, if that.
Apr 26, 2014
531 posts
539 upvotes
Ontario
I also have some games that I still gotta redeem them. I'm thinking of creating secondary account and get that to platinum elite status. So in the end, I could get additional free games from my main and alt accounts. But then again, I don't know what physical rewards Nintendo is planning to give us on February. If that reward requires over 1000+ points, then I'll be damn as I am planning to split my coins on secondary account. Debating this over my head for the last few days. :D What do you think? Should I go all the way just for one account or split them up? Funny thing is I still have unused Club Nintendo code for Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2471 posts
3657 upvotes
Quebec
I'm tempted to get some coins to achieve Platinum
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3150 posts
7726 upvotes
Ontario
Hatsuto wrote: I also have some games that I still gotta redeem them. I'm thinking of creating secondary account and get that to platinum elite status. So in the end, I could get additional free games from my main and alt accounts. But then again, I don't know what physical rewards Nintendo is planning to give us on February. If that reward requires over 1000+ points, then I'll be damn as I am planning to split my coins on secondary account. Debating this over my head for the last few days. :D What do you think? Should I go all the way just for one account or split them up? Funny thing is I still have unused Club Nintendo code for Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii.
That's an interesting point. Two platinum statuses... But your point about not having enough for a big reward is a better point. I think there's a much better chance of a couple of big items, than a platinum reward being so good that you need two.
Dec 23, 2010
544 posts
275 upvotes
Hamilton
Hatsuto wrote: I also have some games that I still gotta redeem them. I'm thinking of creating secondary account and get that to platinum elite status. So in the end, I could get additional free games from my main and alt accounts. But then again, I don't know what physical rewards Nintendo is planning to give us on February. If that reward requires over 1000+ points, then I'll be damn as I am planning to split my coins on secondary account. Debating this over my head for the last few days. :D What do you think? Should I go all the way just for one account or split them up? Funny thing is I still have unused Club Nintendo code for Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii.
I would wait for the February stuff to drop. If it's crap, then do the split. If you're more interested in redeeming a physical item I guess.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)