Entertainment

PRISON BREAK - Revived (Possible New Event Series)

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2017 4:23 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto

PRISON BREAK - Revived (Possible New Event Series)

[IMG]https://www.ozone.bg/media/catalog/prod ... -dvd_8.jpg[/IMG]

Prison Break was my favorite TV series when it was on the air...especially the first season several years ago.

"Now FOX is reportedly developing a limited-series revival of its action-drama series "Prison Break" that would see the re-teaming of its stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell according to TV Line.

The project is thought to be akin to last year's "24: Live Another Day" in that it would be around a dozen episodes and feature a closed-ended storyline. No further details are available at this time.

There has been talk of this possibility for a while now, though Fox co-chairman Gary Newman said in January that though a revival of the show would make for "the perfect event series," there weren't any plans in motion at that time.

Miller and Purcell also have busy schedules as the pair have guest starred on The CW's "The Flash" several times, and both are set to serve as regulars in the spin-off series "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" which kicks off mid-season."

I am certainly looking for this series revival and I hope they take it back it it's core roots where it was based inside a Prison and trying to break out of it...unlike the latter seasons which mostly took place outside of the prison environment as far as I recall.

Who else here is looking forward to this Prison Break revival event series?

- Thanks to TV Line/D.H.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
64 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
I stopped watching midway season 2. Despite being so epic in 1st season, season 2 started to get boring, I heard season 3 was even worse.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
What would they do? Millers character died at the end because of an inoperable brain tumour. I liked the series very much, don't see how this story can play out well. Would also need the same writers from Season 1.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Apr 22, 2015
388 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I loved that show , i don't care if magically brought him back to life as a vampire I would still watch lol
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
OK OP, this time my MIND IS NOT PLAYING TRICKS on me. Please tell me it actually says Prison Break, and this is not another mind twist lol :lol: ;)
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Psubs wrote: Maybe they froze him with the cold ray and now can operate and use the heat ray to thaw him out!
Que in Captain Cold from DC comics
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Zero1 wrote: Que in Captain Cold from DC comics
and his accomplice Heat Wave.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
Wentworth Miller is such a bad actor - all he knows how to do on screen is to look smart. He's doing the prison break acting on The Flash.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
LostInTruth wrote: OK OP, this time my MIND IS NOT PLAYING TRICKS on me. Please tell me it actually says Prison Break, and this is not another mind twist lol :lol: ;)
No, your mind is not playing tricks on you...YES...it is PRISON BREAK! :D
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Sep 12, 2008
927 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
Never watched Prison Break but heard season 1 is GOAT-tier television. Is it possible just to watch season 1, leave the rest, and still be satisfied?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6687 upvotes
Toronto
Season 1 is the best but you'll find yourself drawn into the show and will want to watch the rest of it. The rest aren't bad and MUCH better than most shows today. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wentworth Miller is the same in any role. Kinda like Channing Tatum. Always the same.
Koodo Mobile
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Wait what, didn't a certain character die?
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: No, your mind is not playing tricks on you...YES...it is PRISON BREAK! :D
Woo-hoo! Season 1 (like everyone said) was amazing television! Season 2 was bumpy, and I think I gave up either end of season 2 or season 3? Wentworth Miller was like the IT guy back in television then, now he's playing second fiddle on that Marvel show and unfortunately it looks like his acting has not improved much.

FOX keeps digging back into their fault to re-create their television magic. Maybe they should re-create Boston Public? That show was amazing.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
LostInTruth wrote: Woo-hoo! Season 1 (like everyone said) was amazing television! Season 2 was bumpy, and I think I gave up either end of season 2 or season 3? Wentworth Miller was like the IT guy back in television then, now he's playing second fiddle on that Marvel show and unfortunately it looks like his acting has not improved much.

FOX keeps digging back into their fault to re-create their television magic. Maybe they should re-create Boston Public? That show was amazing.
The Flash is not a Marvel show! :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
rageking wrote: Wentworth Miller is such a bad actor - all he knows how to do on screen is to look smart. He's doing the prison break acting on The Flash.
I thought this too, until I saw his sidekick Dominic's acting, he's even worse, the 2 brothers also made an appearance on Gotham for 1 episode I think but can't find which one.
Its sad what has become of some of these guys, neither one of them has gone on to nab leading roles else except T-Bag and Mahone. Some of the other cast has been successful nabbing parts in TV shows: Heroes, Blacklist, GangRelated, The Game and bit parts here & there hollywood blockbusters (transformers, fast& furious, die hard, hunger games, TMNT).
I thought Wentworth's acting wasn't that bad in Season 1, he was convincing he should have stopped after Season 2.

These networks seem to be recycling these guys on flash /arrow /gotham, but makes sense since they're all DC franchises.

I'll watch prison break to see if they can turn things around.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Neovingian wrote: These networks seem to be recycling these guys on flash /arrow /gotham, but makes sense since they're all DC franchises.
Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow are set in the same 'TV universe'. The guys will play the same character on each show, I would not call the recycling.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2188 posts
509 upvotes
Season 1 was so damn good that it sucked me in for the rest of the terrible seasons.

Season 1 was like a really epic long movie

Might binge watch Season 1 sometime soon.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Michael Scofield!! was really hooked on the first 2 seasons it was my fav show when it first aired...story got really crap when he "escaped" lol
is it free :cheesygri