• Dec 5th, 2018 7:01 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2681 posts
537 upvotes
Hamilton
GreenFlagDeal wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:07 pm
When you say accounts of any type and credit cards with no fees - is this chequing account types where it costs $15/month and a credit card that cost $120/yr?
Yup. Essentially any account type or credit card through TD has the fee waived.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39443 posts
3611 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
JeffH60919 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 4:28 pm
Pretty naive to use a private banker. Gics and vanguard ETFs are what you want.
What about insurance, estate and tax planning?
What about legacy planning? For example... one interesting but obscure service I discovered... IF you want to donate millions of dollars to charity before you die... They can find help you find the most prominent charity or non-profit to do it... and can help you petition to get a hospital ward or something like that named after you. They have contacts with people in the community who can help make that happen.

And what if you are very affluent? You have $100 million... You're a trust fund baby. You rather spend your time at a beach in Europe... Or perhaps you are a socialite. You prefer spending your time at charity balls and planning events. RAther then going to the bank all the time or poking around at your GIC's and ETF's...
Or simply put... you are just too damn busy at work to even bother... you run a law firm. You're a doctor on call. You're the CEO etc. etc.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2003
6796 posts
846 upvotes
London
I'm with TD private for about 30% of our funds and have been extremely happy. I strictly deal with one guy and we are completely on the same page when it comes to things. Will probably move more funds in the new year.
I have not paid any fees in MANY years.
[OP]
Apr 14, 2006
92 posts
20 upvotes
St Johns
Hibbing wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:21 am
I'm with TD private for about 30% of our funds and have been extremely happy. I strictly deal with one guy and we are completely on the same page when it comes to things. Will probably move more funds in the new year.
I have not paid any fees in MANY years.
Fees as in management fees (to manage your 30%) or banking/credit card/estate/tax management fees?
[OP]
Apr 14, 2006
92 posts
20 upvotes
St Johns
booblehead wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 6:46 pm
I am with Td private banking. I have not used any of their in house consulting services thus far.

I paid no fees for 2 years.
Booblehead, do you have to logon to a TD Private Banking portal or is the same Easyweb? What;s the difference as far as user experience?