• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2017 12:25 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6052 posts
1038 upvotes
Favourite brand of supplement? Recommend?

Prebiotics are better?

Food sources work best?

Big hoax? Or is the gut biome a very important part of staying healthy?

I don't know, I waffle between thinking they can cure all ills and thinking my regular diet includes enough sources so supplements aren't necessary. But, my digestive tract works so much more smoothly when I use them.

I've only had food poisoning once in my life (knock on wood) and think it's because I've always eaten prebiotics (sauerkraut, yogurt etc.) and sporadically more often than not taken daily supplements of probiotics.

I didn't know whether to post this in Food and Drink, thought it was more of a health related issue. But don't see a Health and Wellness forum.

Any thoughts on the topic?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3317 posts
1001 upvotes
I had a long-term course of antibiotics that wiped out some bugs in my gut because I became totally lactose intolerant - I used Bio-K to fix myself up. Maybe there is a cheaper way, but Bio-K really worked.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4306 posts
194 upvotes
User499372 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2017 6:33 pm
LOL!! She didn't "heal" nothing. She went from eating a garbage diet with no exercise to cleaning it up with exercise and she feels better. It's common sense. Has nothing to do with "powder" or the personal trainer.
Don't even bother. He keeps posting this in various threads. He doesn't understand the difference between causation and correlation. Anyone who disagrees with him is a troll. He doesn't understand that foods don't cleanse you and that you liver and kidneys take care of that.

And you hit the nail on the head....start eating foods of better quality, up intake of micronutrients, water, fibre, and of course someone will start to feel better!
Sep 20, 2016
43 posts
8 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 7:49 am
Don't even bother. He keeps posting this in various threads. He doesn't understand the difference between causation and correlation. Anyone who disagrees with him is a troll. He doesn't understand that foods don't cleanse you and that you liver and kidneys take care of that.

And you hit the nail on the head....start eating foods of better quality, up intake of micronutrients, water, fibre, and of course someone will start to feel better!

And you don't know what "placebo" is. The marketers count on dim witted people who don't know. It makes them millions.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4306 posts
194 upvotes
User499372 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 10:32 am
And you don't know what "placebo" is. The marketers count on dim witted people who don't know. It makes them millions.
I know what placebo is but I get what you're saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by amz155 on Mar 10th, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6857 posts
375 upvotes
What gut problem are talking about?

I have a pretty good/regular digestive system: plenty of fibre and water but some days where it's heavily meat, it's not as great.

When I do get stomach aches, I quickly eat fermented foods (kim chi or sauerkraut) and I am instantly healed.

Cut out dairy (minus ice cream and some cheese) for over 10 years. No milk, rarely any cream etc.